Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    We can create trailer van parks down by the rivers for the homeless.

Weird this thread...

Anyways, i'd like to see Gilneas.

I guess the Nelves will just build something new in Darkshore. Otherwise Val'sharah would be the best place.

For Forsaken, ruins of Lordearon should be shared with them and possibly lightforged.

High elves and Void elves should build a new splenderous city with themes of arcane and void. Maybe they could build it on the old Menethil harbor.

But, i'll tell you this. The devs don't care. They won't do what they will consider wasting resources on making these cities. They will just move onto some new landmass without a care. Cause the cities are just fodder to blow up in order to make new xpacs more of an event.

Heck, i wouldn't even be surprised if the blew the whole planet up in an Azeroth titan awakening and moved us elsewhere with just 2 cities

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    If they do away with factions they could start a joint construction project on a neutral city where all races can live together and bonus points if during 8.x we do dailies to help build it and watch it grow week by week.
    Too cool for Blizz...

Would love it though.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-08-17 at 01:13 AM.

Night Elves:

Applebough gets really big after good living in Dalaran all these years and he plops down somewhere in Hinterlands. The night elves build a home inside his branches.

Forsaken:

They kill a giant turtle and raise it as undead, then build a city on its shell. The city floats about the Azerothian seas.

High Elves:

Probably live on the Dragon Isles I suppose.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd rather we have as few cities as possible.

so if they got new "cities" i'd want them to be starting zones, or daily hubs or something like that.
    while still looking like actual cities.

for the nightelves i'd like them to go to a dense dark foresty area.
    and have a simple city, all made of Ancients and moonwells.
    maybe have an underground section for the druids, and an "upper floor" of connected "treehouses" for patrols and shops.

the high elves would get something like Silvermoon, but with cyan/silver instead of red/gold.

the forsaken should have some sort of underground city, filled with chemicals, body parts, etc.
    this adds character and tells you so much about them with just walking through it.
    none of that grandiose Icecrown buildings.

The reason why it doesn't look like this in game is because lack of HD textures and the skybox. That's all it needs.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Feralas is available. Seriusly, do people even level there anymore? You level so fast that areas like Feralas or Searing Gorge get completely ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    You will have to explain to me why you think this should be the case. I have heard it a few times and I don't understand it. The night elves have there own stuff, there own zones, sets, areas - there own peoples as varied as the humans with an even longer history... why must they settle in Gilneas?
    Not about settling but currently, the two races are bound together. Night Elves already crowd their other areas, while Gilneans are only a fraction of what they used to be, and humbled to the part where a shared city in development of two races could be interesting to see.

To be near the other alliance races?
    Nope, not why I mentioned it, purely due to the Gilneans.

The broken isles fits that bill, why not opt for there and Suramar, Azsuna, Val'sharah and Brokenshore are specific night elf designed zones.
    And well, your list is correct, except Suramar is now Horde. Azsuna is haunted and Val'sharah is haunted, or in need of rebuilding - and I don't mind Val'sharah as the Gilneans has claim in there too.

Is it because of the story? - I personally find the night elves have more than enough to be able manage their own affairs, and I think many would prefer that.
    But currently, the Night Elves is written as not taking care of themselves - now you have Gilnean, and Night Elven refugees.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

The reason why it doesn't look like this in game is because lack of HD textures and the skybox. That's all it needs.
    No. It needs completely new models. HD texture on low poly model is like cheap scenography.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Forsaken should go to northrend and get their funky minds to solve problems there, they don't feel cold anyway right?

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post

But, i'll tell you this. The devs don't care. They won't do what they will consider wasting resources on making these cities. They will just move onto some new landmass without a care. Cause the cities are just fodder to blow up in order to make new xpacs more of an event.

Heck, i wouldn't even be surprised if the blew the whole planet up in an Azeroth titan awakening and moved us elsewhere with just 2 cities
    This is why I usually lead these topics suggesting the night elves get their old city Suramar back, and the nightborne , who are their kin, either share with them or go live with the blood elves. If the latter, then Suramar becomes home for void elves (fits their colour scheme) and the high elves can tag along. If the former, then void elves and high elves go home and share Silvermoon with the blood elves. It doesn't have to be full of love and reconciliation, but it was on these forums someone suggested if the horde and alliance armies attacked SIlvermoon and the war nearly destroyed the sunwell, it would be enough for the high elves, void elves and blood elvs to say enough is enough to both allies and declare their home neutral, no fighgting and power share with each other. Alliance allowed on permission by void/high elves and horde on permission by blood elves. Thalassian terirotry, sanctuary for elves.

It requires no work for blizzard. High elves taking SKywall is another option, again, it's already designed, so it can be done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    If they do away with factions they could start a joint construction project on a neutral city where all races can live together and bonus points if during 8.x we do dailies to help build it and watch it grow week by week.
    I wrote a topic about this, but instead of it being one cities, it is 13 for each core race, with the allied races sharing with someone. It's not just a city but an entire zone, but it is designed over 3-5 expansions, so it becomes an ongoing thing.

The devs can art sketch what each city looks like and build them up over time..i.e. release a little bit more of each every patch, so the workload is manageable. What constructing cities do, it gives you another form of progression not tied to new expansion resets.
    You ulock the new areas for your city/zone every patch, it takes resources like GArrisons, but the space is shared like Order halls.
    Cities tie into race campaign, as new sections open or expand your race campaign gets some quests in the new areas.
    For one of the expansion player power is tied to the zone, like it was to Aritfact weapon or Azerite necklace. For this one it is racial power source (like the Night elves employing the wel of eternity or a new starwell, shaladrassil for nature in a future patch and Font of Elune - giving you a system that boosts your character power and racials too. Each race would have several things (Thalassian elves (blood/high/void) get Sunwell arcane, Sunwell light, and something form the void.), Draenei get (Atamal crystals in 2 stages, Netherlight Crucible).. titan based races (dwarves/gnomes/humans etc) get something to do with the TItans, like path of Golganeth, Khazmodan and Norganon, - it varies for each of them. Trolls get something based on the loa, Greater loa, lesser loa - in 3 stages) etc.

This system combines thigns we had from both legion and BfA.. from Legion we get each spec having its own path, like we did in artefact weapons, with new things added in subsequent patches when the race focuses on something else. Boosting your races powr source also affects your racials, so you get improvement to racial and affects your NPCs too, your troops become more effective and thehighr rep you havethe more you see your own races troops showing up instead of standard alliance or horde humans and orcs. This is local to your client, someone else will see the standard orc or human with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But currently, the Night Elves is written as not taking care of themselves - now you have Gilnean, and Night Elven refugees.
    Too true, and doubtful it would change. If they were horde though, wanna bet they would not be homeless, night elves would occupy Suramar and Gilneas would have lead the charge against the forsaken and won. Having their city accessible by now.

What's that tell ya?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    Forsaken should go to northrend and get their funky minds to solve problems there, they don't feel cold anyway right?
    Yep. Mythoughts too. IT makes sense,a dn it's already built for their theme, let htem just go there and be from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    i'd rather we have as few cities as possible.

so if they got new "cities" i'd want them to be starting zones, or daily hubs or something like that.
    while still looking like actual cities.
    I would prefer lots of cities, racial architecture is one of the most exciting things in Warcraft, and each race has several types fitting urban and rural settings, with even minor variations for their sub-races.

Cities can be available they just need to serve a purpose, like be part of a comprehensive questing zone with instnacees and raids, like Suramar and Zuldazar was, but at the end becoming phased so they become home city for whichever race belongs there.

Races should have campaigns that add new chapters to them every patch and expansion, and if they tie it in with building a racial city and zone up for each race (allieds share with their core race - inc opp faction ones void elves with blood elves, night elves with nightborne the lore can write an arrangement to why and how this happens), you get an active purpose for a citiy. People like to see their race built up, and they like to see what their race is up to, its an interesting aspect of wow they look forward to, so why not make it official and a system that is interesting - that spawns adventures and quests, and allows your character to contribute and build up something that spans several expansions, as he works on it he unlocks new parts of the city and new built up towns and zone to live in.

I can easily seet he nighte lves building a new city wit a zone too, having space to express night elf pre-sundering strutures fot ehe city, a forest developed like val'sharah where you have a few night elvesn druidic family tree homes sparsed al around the place, and a huge temple in the city facing the forest for the priest. The forest is the druidic bit,t he city is the night elven main bit, the temple is the priest bit, and some section of the zone fel infested ruins is whrer the illidari are. WArdens have watch towers at the edge of the zone.. and you build this city and surroundingtowns and forests over several expansions and acitvities happen in there that ite into your racial campaign, requiring to go to the new continent of the expansion a lot etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Feralas is available. Seriusly, do people even level there anymore? You level so fast that areas like Feralas or Searing Gorge get completely ignored.
    Probably because it's alliance fans that are suggesting gilenas, while Night elf fans suggesting places like Ferlaas, Suramar or Zin'Azshari. It's like someone saying the blood elves should go share with the orcs or the goblins - some of the horde fans may love that, but any blodo elf fan would hate that and demand their city gets rebuilt or blizzard build a new one blood elf styled.

For night elves the choices are obvious - they have their own places and options, both Ferlaas and Broken Isles are options. High elves could potentially share Dalaran with humans, but failing that design a silvermoon replica or give them Skywall

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    snip
    Another way you can verify current Suramar is 10kj year old Suramar is by looking at the Cathedral of Eternal Night, it has the same ornate structure of Suramar Palace and is supposed to be like a twin tower thing, you had the other half of the city surrounding the temple, this sunk beneath the waves.

The bit that survived is what you experience in 7.0, and it hasn't changed. It's more ornate because it is supposed to be the jewel of the night elf empire, as well as the HQ for the Order of Elune.
    • Perhaps a better wayt o approach it is to ask yourself why you think this can't be night elven? Is it:
    • Bbecause it looks fancy?
    • Because the nightborne are in it?
    • Because it is more embroidered than anything you've seen for the night elves, and only the Thalassians have things as fancy as this.
    • Because night elf ruins don't look like that?

Then challenge yourself and think why other explanations didn't cometo yor mind first or were dismissed. Explanations like:

1. night elves also had fancy stuff - and blizzard wanted to show you what the best of their cities looked like as most were destroyed by the Legion and sundering
    2. Nightborne in it makes little difference when you know the nightborne there were all night elves, and don't change their kaldorei ways or culture, if they build anything it would continue along the lines of what they have always built. You have to remember they are in a buble, and nothing has changed except for their reliance on magic which deepens as their resources dwindle

a) With dwindling resources, how would they build new stuff? They won't, nor would they need to.
    b) Why would they want to build anyway? Psychologically, these people are very happy with themselves and how incredible their city and elven (i.e. kaldorei culture is)
    c) Their change is only a slight physical one, it is not a philosophical or cultural change, nothing they essentially remain night elves in all but appearance, probably give themselves a new name to reflect they are living under perpetual night, rather than the stars they love so much.

3. The night elves are very ornate, this is where the high elves get it from, and in the pre-sundering era, you had the heights of culture, refinement and wonder - this is how it is described, it is fitting that a pristine Kaldorei city is shown to be actually quite ornate and beautiful.

4. Ruins aren't supposed to look like that, they're ruins, especially above ground, over the millennia, all the jewels, precious materals would have been scavenged from them, further, without arcane power, a lot of the fancier glwos, wall inscriptions etc would disappear, the spellwork that bound nature and arcane together gone with only the skeleton shell remaining. THis is why a pristine city like Suramar was designed in the end, to show you what it looks like in its prime..

5. Other cities would look slightly differnet - this makes snese anyway, not all icites are going to be identical, youcan tlel from their ruins how different Dire maul is to Zin'Azshari and to Vashj'ir, they all have similar things with Suramar, but also very different things. This is realistic, as for a world wide empire you would have had some very different looking places.

I would n't be surprised if there were some night elf cities that looked a lot closer to Silvermooon, and it tells you something that Suramar doesn't, nor did blizzard choose a city or zone that is linked to High elf lore - Suramar is the darnassian ight elves' most iconic pre-sundering city followed by Zin'Azhari - it is where all the major night elf heroes lived - tyrande, the shadowsongs come from there, the Stormrage twins also lived there - it and Zin'Azshari are the two main pre-sundering cities of the night elves.. and where all the action of the trilogy is situated. You don't get more night elven than Suramar and Zin'Azshari - there is nothing Thalassian or connected to them in Suramar. Their ancestors have a link to Zin'Azshari, having being a group of highborne working with Queen Azshara to open up portals - but there story involvement is secondary, there to show the type of group the high elves come from. THe high elves don't take anything forward from their night elf days - not culture, habits, style, appearances (ofc they take from their elven looks and magical talent - the high elves pick up the arcane again, but are far more responsible and cautious with it, just because the pre-sundering night elves were an arcane society and arcnae is a large part of the high elves doesn't mean theya re the same.. that's like saying that because the high elvs are great forest rangers, and the ngiht elves are also, and they both use bows and hunting is a large part of their race then they are the same)

They are similar because both have civilziations, buty ou are now seeing the nighte lf cviliation and what it looks like when night elves do civilizaiton - this is what they build when you see Suramar, and the culture in it was how they behaved around the time of the legion invasion, with the problems they had. youcan build a new city ain your racial style, but have a differnet culture or attitude in it than bfore.. the new kaldorei culture would be as much kaldorei as the old, a people are allowed to change in several ways based on their story and circumstances. They are not less themselves or more themselves unless theya re moving to specific version of themselves they now identify more with.

I thought High Elves were all but extinct?

7+ Year Old Account
    Gilneas seem like such a waste of a great looking city. I'd love to see that be put to good use.

But then why would it matter outside of lore and rp. It seems we'll be stuck in Stormwind/Orgrimar unless they decide to add portals to the other capitols as well to make them relevant/viable. Personally I've always favored Ironforge over Stormwind but sadly I never go there anymore except for picking up my christmas gifts lol

Here is my idea for a Ren'dorei capital city:

First of all, it could be built right inside of Telogrus. Though it might be a broken landscape, it is still comprised of the remnants of an entire planet, so the main asteroid could be big enough to build a city inside of it. Then, the way Blizzard could justify the foundation of an entirely new city is by relying on the Twisting Nether time rules introduced in Legion. As we know, time passes differently in the Twisting Nether; 30 years spent on Azeroth were 1.000 years in the Twisting Nether from Alleria's perspective. And we know that Telogrus is located on the brink of the Void. But since the Nether and the Void basically function the same way, as in they have very similar roles in the narrative, it would be fairly easy to assume that time passes differently in the Void as well.

So the way they could justify this is by saying that Battle for Azeroth lasted 50 years from the Ren'dorei's perspective on Telogrus, giving them sufficient time to build an entirely new city for their kin and their allies (let's not forget that there are also High Elves and Blood Elves amidst their ranks).

Just imagine a dark underground city of tall and gleaming spires and towers, built inside the remnants of a fractured world. Here's how I picture this new Ren'dorei city:

I'd maybe make it a little smaller in size, since the Ren'dorei, despite their new allies, still lack large numbers like Humans or Dwarves, but overall I've painted my fantasy for a new Thalassian capital city that could rival Silvermoon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Night elfs can just build a new city in Hyjal.

I think they should move to Outland. Both nelves and helves got their settlements there : )
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Forsaken: Deatholme

Night elves: Mount Hyjal

High elves/ silver covenant: Dalaran (back in the crater)

Quote Originally Posted by Bildur View Post
    Gilneas seem like such a waste of a great looking city. I'd love to see that be put to good use.

But then why would it matter outside of lore and rp. It seems we'll be stuck in Stormwind/Orgrimar unless they decide to add portals to the other capitols as well to make them relevant/viable. Personally I've always favored Ironforge over Stormwind but sadly I never go there anymore except for picking up my christmas gifts lol
    inddeed, like al ot of cities and a lot of u nique racial architecture.

Night elves sharing with worgen wouldn't solve those problems, nor somehow legitimise Gilneas.. what Wow needs is a new philosophy or approach that utilises cities. People love great cities for their races, each race has it's unique style and several variations of it for large urban centres, for rural etc, they wanna see more and use it.

my proposal: Build up a zone and capital and tie it into race campaigns. Do so over several expansions and patches, with the racial campaign extending the lore of each race incrementally.

You have your racial hearth and a lot lore. Imagine each core race beineg the centre or capital for that race's subpraces and the citiy they built has a place for their sub-races and their architecture, and as time goes, you see the race flourish in its city and capital zone

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Here is my idea for a Ren'dorei capital city:

First of all, it could be built right inside of Telogrus. Though it might be a broken landscape, it is still comprised of the remnants of an entire planet, so the main asteroid could be big enough to build a city inside of it. Then, the way Blizzard could justify the foundation of an entirely new city is by relying on the Twisting Nether time rules introduced in Legion. As we know, time passes differently in the Twisting Nether; 30 years spent on Azeroth were 1.000 years in the Twisting Nether from Alleria's perspective. And we know that Telogrus is located on the brink of the Void. But since the Nether and the Void basically function the same way, as in they have very similar roles in the narrative, it would be fairly easy to assume that time passes differently in the Void as well.

So the way they could justify this is by saying that Battle for Azeroth lasted 50 years from the Ren'dorei's perspective on Telogrus, giving them sufficient time to build an entirely new city for their kin and their allies (let's not forget that there are also High Elves and Blood Elves amidst their ranks).

Just imagine a dark underground city of tall and gleaming spires and towers, built inside the remnants of a fractured world. Here's how I picture this new Ren'dorei city:

I'd maybe make it a little smaller in size, since the Ren'dorei, despite their new allies, still lack large numbers like Humans or Dwarves, but overall I've painted my fantasy for a new Thalassian capital city that could rival Silvermoon.
    Wow, that's kinda incredible. time passes in the void differently. I wonder if that can be used to have sevceral generations of void elves now available, a city built and now a fully fledged people of their own, many generations apart from the blood elves nad growing in the void.