Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I just picked a class I remembered being both fun and decent in classic. I mained a Hunter and Mage at the time so wanted to try something different as well.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX | Teamgroup DDR5 6000 32GB RAM | Sapphire Radeon 7900XT | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB + SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB | Windows 11 Pro

“When you've burned the bridges behind you, don't go starting a fire on the one in front of you.” ― Steven Erikson, The Bonehunters

Just went back to the classic I grew up playing in vanilla lol

I've played and enjoyed every class in one way or another. I narrowed it down to either priest or hunter. Priest is mildly fun to play but I never got Benediction and it still kills me that I never got it. I was 100% set on playing priest but over the last couple of days I'm swaying hunter. I'm trying to think long term. I absolutely LOVE playing hunter and if I even get Benediction I might quit playing because that is the end goal. Might do hunter first and level a priest way down the line when it will be easier to get the Benediction parts.

TLDR Choosing what I enjoy playing the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just picked randomly.
    Ended up with an Undead Mage.

I picked a NE rogue because that was the first character I ever rolled and a Tauren druid because that's what I spent the most time playing prior to TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    this is how i decided

... you watched a bad movie?

If you know abit about classic, you probably know that some classes excel at different things. Warrior: really bad at leveling, bad at soloing untill they have good gear, but really good in endgame both raids and pvp, again, with gear.
    Hunter: Really good at leveling, great at soloing, fun in pvp, but not the strongest class in endgame pve, since they scale poorly.
    And well, the list goes on.
    Thats why i picked hunter personally, it fits with what i want to achieve. I really just want to get to 60 and do a mix of PvP and PvE, only the early raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    ... you watched a bad movie?
    was entertaining, therfore not bad.

haha what was bad about it?

I think I'm going to land on Druid because of all the options they have - they can have fun in dungeons with tanking, they can stealth for PvP or for protection, and they are just a very flavourful class all in all. I love Paladins and Shamans too, but I have already played those!

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked shadow priest because that's what I've played since BC. I don't much care about their viability in raids.

I like the class--or did until they messed it up with the class fantasy stuff in Legion and made us insane instead of what we were--and to the extent that a shadow priest can bring a bit of damage, some healing, and some other support I'll be OK with that.

I'll also do a mage.

Later on, I'll likely do a shaman for Horde. I've always liked the shaman class and would like to see it in its original form.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I wanted a class that wouldn't be weak in PVE, so I chose warlock/paladin and stayed the hell away from rogue/mage. I don't care that they're supposedly the fastest to level, rogues will get owned if they accidentally pull more than 3-4 in a mob, locks and pallies are much better at surviving and stomping long-term, so those are the ones I went with.

Coming from EverQuest, in Vanilla I desparately wanted to be a Paladin tank. Of course, they quite sucked at it then (this was before their eventual class tuning that made things slightly better).

Going into Classic and knowing they’re still not as good as they need to be (read: TBC era Prot Paladin at minimum, which I played as Prot Paladin), I naturally went with Mage instead.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."