Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Everyone likes Anduin, but does everyone respect Anduin? That I think is an important part of his growth as a character to have explored.
    That was the point of the compass questline in Legion, where he "found himself" or some shit.

Once he got Shalamayne, that entire aspect of him was "solved" and shoved under a rug.
    "SEE! he has the sword! therefore he is a great KING!"
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-08-15 at 04:17 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's really because of the Legacy of MoP (though it was kinda introduced in Cataclysm) of having a contrast to Garrosh and the sudden focus on writing how the humans suddenly can't do anything wrong (although they do). I mean who can forget Varian lecturing both Tyrande and Moira on military tactics and leadership, Jaina on Moral Superiority and Anduin encouraging us to help the Black Prince whilst the Gnomes were treated as the joke who still can't take back Gnomeregan, Genn was shown as a failed leader for Sylvanas taking Gilneas, Velen was doing nothing till Legion, The Dwarven Council were infighting and the Nightelves were recovering from yet another world threatening betrayal.

Manduin just inherited that legacy and because they can't have any unrest in the Alliance or even real disagreement (as shown by Tyrande and Genn both saying they want to retake Darkshore to Anduin's face and he says no but yes and take my champion with you) they instead simplify it down to humans and just have every other race react to their decisions and end up ultimately going along with them.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Because humans are easy to write

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    I agree. we will se more of this in 8.2.5 or 8.3 or 9.0.

Since blizzard said them self that in the future the Alliance will have some Heavy drama... just see what Tyrande and Graymane did to anduin.

Then you have the council of the 3 hammers "Dwarfs" its a poweder cage waiting to explode...

So the future looks amazing for story and drama XD
    Let me summarize it for you. Tyrande and Genn have had enough of the Horde's shit, don't want to just back down, forget, wait for next atrocity. They will be shown in a piss poor light for not following Prissypants' shining example of peace at all costs to his own people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I feel you answered it in your opening statement. "Warcraft" has always been about Human vs Orc, Horde vs Alliance. If you remove that, then the game isn't the same.

I'm not saying games shouldn't evolve, but ask around with your friends and guildies. Most folks I play with, horde side, are 100% against the idea of the factions unifying. Allowing Alliance races horde? Sure. Allowing horde races to turn tail and go alliance? Sure. But keep the two faction thing going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    Each ruler can still govern over its faction and army, and there can be a unified Alliance-army being led by various people in various situations
    Hate to burst your bubble, but that's basically already how it works.

The High King is not the ultimate ruler of the Alliance, the High King serves the exact same role as Lothar did during the second war (supreme commander of unified Alliance military). The High King does not have control over any forces that the other leaders don't voluntarily give him control over.

https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/stat...59705844957184

https://twitter.com/chrismetzen/stat...22697140727808

The High King is there to make sure all Alliance forces can be on the same page, but it is by no means required for the other leaders to give the High King control of their army, nor are they obliged to follow any of the High King's orders... They can, and sometimes do, tell the High King no, and fuck off to go do their own thing, like Tyrande and Genn did with Darkshore.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-08-15 at 05:10 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    They will be shown in a piss poor light for not following Prissypants' shining example of peace at all costs to his own people.
    Of course. Didn't you get Golden's (or Afrasiabi's, or whoever is writing this !@$%) memo? Once you tell the boiking to bugger off with his BS, you are automatically an enemy of everything that's good and noble in Warcraft.

Conversely, if you accept His holy and unerring guidance, you are immediately absolved of whatever !@#$ you might have done in the past. See Saurfang, for example. He had massacred Allies, and especifically Humans, by the hundreds, but everything was forgiven as soon as he received the boiking's blessing, and will probably be BfA's main hero or martyr

Or Baine: he was OK with having Horde troops blighted and raised from the dead, even his own Tauren. He didn't give a !@$% about it, and later carried out the war in Zandalar/KT like npnp. But his redemption moment came when he felt righteously outraged (/s) when Auntie Jaina's little brother was raised. Since he delivered him into Auntie's hands, he is now "the heart of the Horde" all of a sudden, and will be probably the next Warchief (until he goes bonkers in due time LOL) under the boiking's patronage.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2019-08-15 at 06:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I agree with you totally. The Alliance should focus far less on humans and be a bunch of different agendas. They have the tools to do it. It's just that writing for one archetype and value system is far easier. Hence this expansion sanding off the edges of both factions.
    In other words, the writers are lazy and/or incompetent....

Wait for the Void-themed expansion. Alleria will replace Jaina and Greymane as the figurehead of the Alliance. Perhaps Wrathion and Ebonhorn could help her lead the Alliance against the Void. These obnoxious Human protagonists will fuck off once the story moves away from the outdated AvH conflict.

Point is, by the next expansion they will probably dial down the Human potential show.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-08-15 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Of course. Didn't you get Golden's (or Afrasiabi's, or whoever is writing this !@$%) memo? Once you tell the boiking to bugger off with his BS, you are automatically an enemy of everything that's good and noble in Warcraft.

Conversely, if you accept His holy and unerring guidance, you are immediately absolved of whatever !@#$ you might have done in the past.
    Amazingly enough, yes I noticed. Was kind of the point of what you quoted. Just like the Blue Warchief wrecked the Alliance, Andy Prissypants wrecks the whole damn thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    I agree. we will se more of this in 8.2.5 or 8.3 or 9.0.

Since blizzard said them self that in the future the Alliance will have some Heavy drama... just see what Tyrande and Graymane did to anduin.

Then you have the council of the 3 hammers "Dwarfs" its a poweder cage waiting to explode...

So the future looks amazing for story and drama XD
    people always take that interview as implying theres gonna be alliance drama but what he actually said was "the alliance doesnt have that kind of division yet" which in technical wow speech doesnt imply that it will in the future

with blizz you have to expect the minimum level of effort and you will still be disappointed. bfa is not an alliance story by any means. it will be a small miracle if any of them are even involved in fighting sylvanas and there definitely wont be any significant alliance division like there was with the horde.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    Bfa is not an alliance story by any means.
    Yep. Horde's story is incredibly convoluted, hamfisted, nonsensical at times. Alliance has no story whatsoever, aside from having Jaina shoved into your throat 24/7.

Pick your poison.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Some of these races have joined the Alliance, they haven't created it. It is changing, albeit slowly and the painstakingly slow changes make sense. The humans are the backbone of the Alliance and they most likely always will be. If it changes, it will change sometime down the line.

Just because it is called "the Alliance" doesn't mean it has to be an actual alliance in the truest, most obvious sense of the word with everyone represented in equal numbers and with equal screentime; the same way the Horde aren't an actual horde, but several socities allied with oneanother.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2019-08-16 at 09:44 PM.