Anyone play Dancer?

Is it fun class? Is it easy to play? I heard that it's play style in terms of rotation was wack-a-mole and just hit the procs that come up. I don't know it looks cool was just looking for people who play it their opinions on Dancer.

I do its great, feels very similar to a WoW ret paladin with more ranged. You got your basic damage attacks but they can proc other attacks while building a resource to spend on others with the ability to do party buffs, a shield and low level healing. Just imagine a ret paladin with the movement of a monk.

Quote Originally Posted by OBM View Post
    Is it fun class? Is it easy to play? I heard that it's play style in terms of rotation was wack-a-mole and just hit the procs that come up. I don't know it looks cool was just looking for people who play it their opinions on Dancer.
    It was my first class to 80 and I really enjoyed the play style, it's incredibly RNG dependent, but with a flat 50% proc rate on all of their abilities, it's not THAT bad.

It's very active and because of the RNG dependence it's always different, there's no rotation.

It's damage output is pretty low though, but unless you're pushing Savage content, that shouldn't be a big deal. As long as you're having fun, that's what matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the damage is lower, but on the other hand you can buff another DPS with permanent 5% dmg increase, and the whole party 20 seconds every 120 seconds for 5%, apart from raid utility. So even in savage dancer has its uses

10+ Year Old Account
    To add to my previous point:

It's an absolute blast to play, it has really cool animations. Just be aware of player bias, especially if you want to set foot into savage Pugs. Like in WoW, people tend to got by some superficial meta, where ranged phys dps don't have a place. So if you play alone, be aware that you have 1. relatively long queues for queued content 2. sometimes you will be denied a spot in savage just because of class.

And to be honest, dancer currently has the lowest dps, even if you factor in all the party buffs (though, of course, a 5% dmg buff at the right time can make the difference between a kill and a wipe)

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    To add to my previous point:

It's an absolute blast to play, it has really cool animations. Just be aware of player bias, especially if you want to set foot into savage Pugs. Like in WoW, people tend to got by some superficial meta, where ranged phys dps don't have a place. So if you play alone, be aware that you have 1. relatively long queues for queued content 2. sometimes you will be denied a spot in savage just because of class.

And to be honest, dancer currently has the lowest dps, even if you factor in all the party buffs (though, of course, a 5% dmg buff at the right time can make the difference between a kill and a wipe)
    Personally i've seen DNC get a lot more demand that some other dps purely because of its buffs, if its a fight where the party is stacking something else to burn past a phase or something that technical step dance buff along with a dance partner buff can be pretty significant. I think i read somewhere it can lead to up 15% faster kills on raid bosses which naturally people want.

But it also relies on the Dancer knowing when to line up there buffs, not only for the party but combining it with Devilment and that move that activates all your procs at once can be pretty ridiculous if used at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Personally i've seen DNC get a lot more demand that some other dps purely because of its buffs, if its a fight where the party is stacking something else to burn past a phase or something that technical step dance buff along with a dance partner buff can be pretty significant. I think i read somewhere it can lead to up 15% faster kills on raid bosses which naturally people want.

But it also relies on the Dancer knowing when to line up there buffs, not only for the party but combining it with Devilment and that move that activates all your procs at once can be pretty ridiculous if used at the right time.
    You stack up your buffs with other buffs, it's not really up to the dancer knowing it.
    Dancer buffs yield about 1500-2000 raid-dps,

A normal Job with buffs (DRG/MNK/BARD/RDM adds about 500-800 raid-dps depending on raid setup
    A dancer's personal DPS is about 2,5-3,5k DPS behind the stronger jobs at the moment

Dancers are in a horrible situation right now. It's especially bad whenever their dance partner is not doing well. (mechanics/fail etc.)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-09-05 at 09:30 PM.