Poll: At which level do you think the average "I'm just gonna test out classic" will quit?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They will quit at lvl 30

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    And that's not exactly true. You are right with the numbers, but you forget that at 40 you can buy your: level 60% faster, available at your local mount-trainer. 30-35 are the biggest weakness of leveling, but even until 39 you are very screwed.
    Thing is, unless you're careful with your gold, you won't be having a mount at 40. At least that was the case back then, who knows, maybe it's easier to save up for it nowadays! I just think that a potential 'stretch goal' for people to at least get that.

Probably depends on when my friends start quitting
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    20-30 imo.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    Gee this isnt leading at all .. nope I cant tell your agenda whats so ever by your comment
    top be fair most people who ever played wow Quit, and most people who Quit did so before level 10 soooooooooooo it might be leading but its not wrong, people will quit classic just as many people quit vanilla.

if we look at history of the game, the trend is most people make there judgment on the game in a the first few moments of play those first couple of levels, if they don't like it, they quit and go play something else, as blizz has said most people who have quit wow over the years did it before level 10 and i dont see a great deal of difference in the averedge gamer's mentality to think it would be otherwise suddenly.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-08-15 at 12:29 AM.

sometimes around level 2 when casters realise they run out of mana after 2 casts and have to dagger a mob to death with 1 dmg,mobs that have more hp than they do today,and when melee realise 1 mob kills them because 90% of their hits were missed/parried/dodged/glanced

10+ Year Old Account
    20-30 for sure. That's when the absurd traveling and non-linear leveling really starts to take off.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think we're over estimating the average player. First impressions. Chances are they'll log in within the first week to see what it's like and get blue balled in the starter zone when they realize there's no shared mob tagging and if they team up then they'll realize it's not shared loot either. Also, an actual resource bar to maintain.

Then they wander in to Narg the Taskmaster who is 1 level above them and get absolutely decimated.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Mounts are expensive. I was around level 50 before I got one, and I got it from fishing up Stonescale Eels for players who were actually having fun.
    I was the MT in our guild and had to beg people for gold just to get the AV epic ram. 100% (or whatever %) are certainly not cheap.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

I think a measurable amount of people are coming back to Vanilla for end game raiding and a good portion of them don't remember or haven't experienced the monotony and expense of farming consumables for the old school raids. So I think one of the places people will quit won't be 1-60 but after multiple wipes on one of the harder raid bosses after they see all their hard earned gold vanishes out of their bags because of repeated wipes.

It's pretty easy to cruise to 60, it just takes a long time. The problem a lot of noobs will have is that there are a few blocks of levels before 60 where quests are pretty sparse and mob grinding is really the only fast way of getting back to the high-XP kill and fetch quests.

about 20 when need to talk to other people on dungeons and moving there without LFG

I think most people will make it to 60. But hit significant road blocks at 40 due to getting gold for their mount and then 54-60 due to how long that grind takes.

The beauty of Classic however is there is really no rush. There's no catch up mechanics per say. Content doesn't become invalidated. People can and should move at their own leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Thing is, unless you're careful with your gold, you won't be having a mount at 40. At least that was the case back then, who knows, maybe it's easier to save up for it nowadays! I just think that a potential 'stretch goal' for people to at least get that.
    It's not just that. It's when you finally get the gold for a mount and find out how slow you still are.

And in PVP servers...oof. The crushing disparity between epic mounted 60s vs anyone else will devastate population on those servers.

Quote Originally Posted by ey b0ss View Post
    Pvp server i assume?
    sadly yeah. Imma find a quiet corner and grind mobs 30-40 prob

There is a particular level range in the mid 40s where if you did not plan out your questing properly and make the most out of the zones you have, you can easily run out of quests. I'm calling early-mid 40s because of this newbie trap that a lot of players will fall right into. People unwilling or uninterested in doing dungeons will have basically no other choice.

Combine that with frustrated level 40 players who won't have 100g due to a lack of farming/AH...yeah, there'll be a lot of frustrated people lingering at around there.

depends on what class they play. if its a warrior i would say around 20. if its a hunter / warlock i would say around 35ish. paladins would be about 15 only because you die of boredom.

so somewhere around 20 -30ish for most people.

Depends really on the class, but I think people that do leave early will do it roughly around 30. Again depends on class and if they have a lot of friends playing also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somwhere in the 40s is when people will generally start to run out of quests if they didn't follow the right paths, so I'll wager that's when people will quit the most.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Most BfA players will quit around 30. Instant gratification sort of stops around there.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.