Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsz View Post
    People will stream it. They'll get huge exposure. It might give them a consistent streaming fanbase - which means they earn a lot of money.

It's not rocket science to see why people go for world firsts nowadays - it makes a LOT OF MONEY.
    whoopie, I make more money at my job (I love btw)than they will ever make streaming. And I get sleep. And streaming is not a long term career. Its pretty immature to think you would go without sleep(and math pretty much says all involved will likely need to...) to "win" in a videogame, so you can stream your "win" to make "some" money. I'm not saying it's impossible but I am saying it's stupid. The world is getting dumber all the time.
    Last edited by Sariengrey; 2019-08-15 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    whoopie, I make more money at my job (I love btw)than they will ever make streaming. And I get sleep. And streaming is not a long term career. Its pretty immature to think you would go without sleep to "win" in a videogame, so you can stream your "win" to make "some" money. The world is getting dumber all the time.
    You know a lot of streamers make millions of dollars a year, right? You must have a pretty sweet job.

Not gonna happen.edu
    Kthxhugsbye

why does anybody care if some person kills a boss in a game.

also lol, no they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    I'd rate that about as likely as Hillary Clinton becoming president. The odds of even getting 30 people to 60 in a week are low, let alone getting them all attuned, geared, and farming the fire resist gear. Not to mention even getting the aqual quintessences to summon Ragnaros, assuming they haven't taken that out.

EDIT - I just checked, you need to complete a quest chain that includes killing trash in MC, killing 4 bosses in MC, and getting honored with the faction before you can even summon Majordomo and Rag. So I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this guy didn't do any research, he thinks he can just walk into the instance and fight Ragnaros.
    My thoughts exactly. You have to do the to grind to kill Rag and that's gaurunteed to take longer than a week

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsz View Post
    You know a lot of streamers make millions of dollars a year, right? You must have a pretty sweet job.
    pfft, ok ."A lot" of streamers, you are talking outliers. No way a lot of people are making millions. Some? yes, but it is not the norm. I'm sure most make squat or enough to stay living with Mom. Adults can make their own decisions, if they decide to play 20 hours a day for a week so be it and as an adult I can make the decision to say these people are stupid. Its not really hate or toxic, its more like how immature are these people? they must have 0 RL responsibilities. No one is getting rich off a Rags kill, what will they make, 5k? 10k? maybe 20k? is that each? (doubtful, I personally don't believe these people saying this will) and even if they did....that's not rich or worth your health(aka not sleeping...)

Honestly if you are an adult who makes the conscious decision to sleep like 12 hours over the course of the week to do something like this your not much of an adult at all. Yep.
    Last edited by Sariengrey; 2019-08-15 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    I would be very very very surprised when they clear MC in the first week. If you start raiding in vanilla in green and blues, the main villain is the healer's mana.
    Meh. Just setup healer rotations where some heal and others just rest mana. This method was done back in the day.

People know hell of alot more today and people are hell of alot more skilled, i doubt there is even a single keybord turner today for example. And of course people have run that raid a few hundred times by now.

And if they dont kill it week one they will week 2 for sure no doubt about it.
    Last edited by paranoid084; 2019-08-15 at 10:25 PM.

Savor it, people, savor it! Take your time and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    I'd rate that about as likely as Hillary Clinton becoming president. The odds of even getting 30 people to 60 in a week are low, let alone getting them all attuned, geared, and farming the fire resist gear. Not to mention even getting the aqual quintessences to summon Ragnaros, assuming they haven't taken that out.

EDIT - I just checked, you need to complete a quest chain that includes killing trash in MC, killing 4 bosses in MC, and getting honored with the faction before you can even summon Majordomo and Rag. So I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this guy didn't do any research, he thinks he can just walk into the instance and fight Ragnaros.
    It is theoretically possible. Good luck with the practicalities of it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let them dream.

No need to rush.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    Week one rag is a big goal and will be hard to accomplish, week 2 Rag kills will be a given though.

I can't remember though, how do the Quintesse's work again, Do you need 8 ppl with the honored rep and the quests done. Or do you only need 1 person and just summon him 8 times. I know the quintesse is unique, but i can't remember if there's a cooldown on obtaining one or not.
    One person is theoreticaly enough, however the thing has a 1 hour cooldown so... get at least 4 peeps farming it.

No it wont happend. THE fastest Speed leveling speed was 4 days 20 hours, THAT just in game time. That is NOT considering First, The fastest levelers will Not get to much empacted by people after the first Flod gate, BUT, people can be delayed with hours just at release, If your unlucky with drop, and you get hit by the wave of "other" speed levelers, it will set you back HOURS.
    But the biggest problem and why this conversation is a fucking joke. that 4 days 20 hours was in game time. So lets just say the ones going REALLY HARD only gets 4 hours of sleep each night, that still 20 hours(as that 4 days 20 hours is borderline 5 days so i am just rounding up)
    ( And for christ sake, that was a hunter, the fastest leveler, Consider how slow a rogue is compared to this, Unless people do dungeons together the ENTIRE way then many of the slower classes wont have a chance to even do it in less then 6 days)

We are now at 5 days and 16hours. That leaves people A day and a half to gear up enough To Do molten core.. Actually less, As The raid itself takes times.
    And at this point They wont be geared enough to survive this. And few to no people will even have the proffesions to supply thise people with potions releated to do it. good luck doing ragnarog without a fire protection potion.

It pointless hype, and anyone who think they can do it, within the first week is an idiot falling to over hyped peacocks Singing their own praise

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Expectation. I don't think they'll even get close to Ragnaros within week 1 but we will see.
    There is no expectation of what can be done. We know you can easily hit 60 comfortably in 4-5days played on pservers and we also know after the closed classic beta its more generous with xp than most of the bigger pservers, specially in dungeons which are easier to do in classic than pservers. Skarm is coming in with a guild of players who are all pserver "neckbeards" so to speak, who have been doing this for a long time. I have no doubts they will have a raid of 58-60s within 5 to 6 days of release with quit a few getting there a bit faster.

Im not saying a clear week one is a for sure thing but thats the challenge for those players for how they want to play the game.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2019-08-15 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Meh. Just setup healer rotations where some heal and others just rest mana. This method was done back in the day.
    this won't work in full non-optimized green gear.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    There is no expectation of what can be done. We know you can easily hit 60 comfortably in 4-5days played on pservers and we also know after the closed classic beta its more generous with xp than most of the bigger pservers, specially in dungeons which are easier to do in classic than pservers. Skarm is coming in with a guild of players who are all pserver "neckbeards" so to speak, who have been doing this for a long time. I have no doubts they will have a raid of 58-60s within 5 to 6 days of release with quit a few getting there a bit faster.

Im not saying a clear week one is a for sure thing but thats the challenge for those players for how they want to play the game.

Fastest time is 4 days 20 hours played. I'd say 5 days 10 hours is safe as a "average fast" time. You really think he will pull off 19 hours a day for a week with enough people, then get attuned, then clear a raid in gear with no farming time? What world do you live in xD?

Quote Originally Posted by wargone View Post
    No it wont happend. THE fastest Speed leveling speed was 4 days 20 hours, THAT just in game time. That is NOT considering First, The fastest levelers will Not get to much empacted by people after the first Flod gate, BUT, people can be delayed with hours just at release, If your unlucky with drop, and you get hit by the wave of "other" speed levelers, it will set you back HOURS.
    But the biggest problem and why this conversation is a fucking joke. that 4 days 20 hours was in game time. So lets just say the ones going REALLY HARD only gets 4 hours of sleep each night, that still 20 hours(as that 4 days 20 hours is borderline 5 days so i am just rounding up)
    ( And for christ sake, that was a hunter, the fastest leveler, Consider how slow a rogue is compared to this, Unless people do dungeons together the ENTIRE way then many of the slower classes wont have a chance to even do it in less then 6 days)

We are now at 5 days and 16hours. That leaves people A day and a half to gear up enough To Do molten core.. Actually less, As The raid itself takes times.
    And at this point They wont be geared enough to survive this. And few to no people will even have the proffesions to supply thise people with potions releated to do it. good luck doing ragnarog without a fire protection potion.

It pointless hype, and anyone who think they can do it, within the first week is an idiot falling to over hyped peacocks Singing their own praise
    Wrong.

4 days 20 hours was in actual vanilla. People have spent 15 years optimizing routes and becoming immensely better. Watching Joana's original level record videos is hilarious - clicking abilities etc.

Also, dungeon grinding is now extremely viable and possibly faster than solo questing. You will see THOUSANDS of players hit 60 in under 4 days played, and very possibly might see an under 3 day played. SOLO levelers are looking at times in the 3 day range. The fastest SOLO time ever on a private server - which is HARDER than live Classic - is under 3 days played.

Stop using 15 year old data to support the reality of the current time.

Everyone will have fire pots. They'll have the consumes they need. Week one Rag is happening mate, sorry

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkimpact View Post
    Fastest time is 4 days 20 hours played. I'd say 5 days 10 hours is safe as a "average fast" time. You really think he will pull off 19 hours a day for a week with enough people, then get attuned, then clear a raid in gear with no farming time? What world do you live in xD?
    Wrong. Why does everyone keep quoting the original vanilla record? It's been 15 years. That record is DEAD. Private servers are HARDER so don't use the "lol but private" argument either. Mobs are way harder to kill and people have managed to solo to 60 in under 3 days played, and most good players are just a bit over 3 days. And that isn't counting the fact that dungeon grinding is so good now that it might actually be the new fastest way to level, allowing warriors/rogues/all the typically slow levelers to level extremely fast.

Ugh why am I even talking to people that literally have no idea what is going on

omg they are going to kill a 15 year old raid boss the first week shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by wargone View Post

That record will be broken. 40 hardcores can clear MC in quest greens. It's totally possible, but they essentially have to play 20 hours a day.