Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsz View Post
    Wrong.

4 days 20 hours was in actual vanilla. People have spent 15 years optimizing routes and becoming immensely better. Watching Joana's original level record videos is hilarious - clicking abilities etc.

Also, dungeon grinding is now extremely viable and possibly faster than solo questing. You will see THOUSANDS of players hit 60 in under 4 days played, and very possibly might see an under 3 day played. SOLO levelers are looking at times in the 3 day range. The fastest SOLO time ever on a private server - which is HARDER than live Classic - is under 3 days played.

Stop using 15 year old data to support the reality of the current time.

Everyone will have fire pots. They'll have the consumes they need. Week one Rag is happening mate, sorry
    It funny how you can be so full of yourself, and yet so "it 15 year old data" your right, but that is because Vanila wow is fucking15 year old data.
    So I been watching a few here and there, and even this video in this Thread Kargoz says " we have thise impresive melee cleave teams, and it will take them about 6 days to get to max" Take a look in the video Time 17.39.
    get your head out of your lower parts. I am not sure where you are getting this " IT will only take people 6 hours to get to max level" if you can find any souruce of this less then 3 days, and many under 4 days. All i can say is. He said this team is impresively fast, and he said on the 6th day.. But hey, it great the kids can be excited and blind by the flashy new things coming And i am sure if you told me, you are one of those that will do it in 3 days, i will totaly belive you. You go kid

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    not gonna happen.edu

Quote Originally Posted by Darkimpact View Post
    Fastest time is 4 days 20 hours played. I'd say 5 days 10 hours is safe as a "average fast" time. You really think he will pull off 19 hours a day for a week with enough people, then get attuned, then clear a raid in gear with no farming time? What world do you live in xD?
    The very large portion of the people that are in speed running guilds will do 24 hrs+ day of release and average 18 a day till they are 60 easily. Its actually a normal thing those people do when a new server was opened in the pserver community. Even Joanna said his old record will be smashed when classic opens and his 1-40 time was way faster on the beta than from his old guide. The 4d 20h thing isnt even a talking point anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    The very large portion of the people that are in speed running guilds will do 24 hrs+ day of release and average 18 a day till they are 60 easily. Its actually a normal thing those people do when a new server was opened in the pserver community. Even Joanna said his old record will be smashed when classic opens and his 1-40 time was way faster on the beta than from his old guide. The 4d 20h thing isnt even a talking point anymore.
    if blizz made leveling quicker then its not real classic and should just be cancelled now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    That record will be broken. 40 hardcores can clear MC in quest greens. It's totally possible, but they essentially have to play 20 hours a day.
    I admite your positivity and your Strong faith in Blind hype
    Hey want to be real here, I think it could be cool if it was the case.
    But We are talking For MOSt and the fastest people it will take 6 days or so(with sleep ofc) So that leaves 1 day to clear the entire raid. BUT in that time, there will also be a need to Get proffesions up to get Potions. And people will need to spend time to farm firewater, and That rep water to summon rag.
    I totaly belive it will be doable in the first 10 days. but 7 days is to little when it takes 6 just to hit max level.

THIS EXACTLY. My guild is an established Pserver guild only shooting for semi hardcore, we are looking at end of week 2, week 3 rag for our goal. We still have 15+ people taking off a week, but not alot of us will be pulling 24h shifts. And some of us only have 3-4 days secured off. All the people making these claims of week one rag are well known in the pserver community and there is little doubt in them.

Quote Originally Posted by wargone View Post
    It funny how you can be so full of yourself, and yet so "it 15 year old data" your right, but that is because Vanila wow is fucking15 year old data.
    So I been watching a few here and there, and even this video in this Thread Kargoz says " we have thise impresive melee cleave teams, and it will take them about 6 days to get to max" Take a look in the video Time 17.39.
    get your head out of your lower parts. I am not sure where you are getting this " IT will only take people 6 hours to get to max level" if you can find any souruce of this less then 3 days, and many under 4 days. All i can say is. He said this team is impresively fast, and he said on the 6th day.. But hey, it great the kids can be excited and blind by the flashy new things coming And i am sure if you told me, you are one of those that will do it in 3 days, i will totaly belive you. You go kid
    5-6 days real life time, yes. Probably plenty that go faster, still.

And this all starts on Monday - they have essentially 8 days to get it done. It'll be done. I'll be back here to meme on you endlessly afterwards, but you probably won't reply.

Ragnaros is going to die from probably several guilds within the first couple of weeks. This isn't exactly a groundbreaking headline here.

5-6 days real life time, yes. Probably plenty that go faster, still.

And this all starts on Monday - they have essentially 8 days to get it done. It'll be done. I'll be back here to meme on you endlessly afterwards, but you probably won't reply.
    haha, sure man I truly admire your positivity towards this
    I still dont know how, When he says Some of Their fastest 5 mans Teams can do it in 6 days, you pull the number out of your ass " 5-6 days but plenty will do it faster" WHERE do you get thise numbers " plenty will do it faster" because i just told you, some of their fastest teams are 6 days..
    But, I hope i am wrong, it would be pretty F-ing cool to do it that fast

Quote Originally Posted by wargone View Post
    I admite your positivity and your Strong faith in Blind hype
    Hey want to be real here, I think it could be cool if it was the case.
    But We are talking For MOSt and the fastest people it will take 6 days or so(with sleep ofc) So that leaves 1 day to clear the entire raid. BUT in that time, there will also be a need to Get proffesions up to get Potions. And people will need to spend time to farm firewater, and That rep water to summon rag.
    I totaly belive it will be doable in the first 10 days. but 7 days is to little when it takes 6 just to hit max level.
    But we're not talking about most people, we're talking about Skarm and those around him planning to do this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    overcamped by who? one one hand there is claim that people will barely be able to get to 60 the first reset, let alone farm rep, then the other claim that 55-60 zone will be camped... there might be a handful of guilds worldwide planning for week 1 rag, silithus will absolutely NOT be overcamped. and farming first half of MC is also possible anyway, they drop useful stuff, including some tier1 BoEs.

i think there is decent chance for week 1 rag tbh.
    Overcamped by the people who are desperately pushing for earliest possible kills. If you even get 5 people in that area, that's overcamped.

But let's say you're right... it's possible you are... week one kill isn't going to happen. Week two I'll admit possible, but not week one.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    You literally had to enter MC by running through BRD when vanilla started.
    Which is why attunement to save time on running more or less a whole dungeon before getting to the raid was so important.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Equoowe View Post
    People will get 30 in 1-2 days.

---

Just because it took months in 2004/2005 doesn't mean it will in 2019, everything is known, people have had a lot of practice both in MC and everything before entering the raid, it is also on patch 1.12.
    Doubtable, but k. I still give it a week or so at best.

--

Pretty much what I said. Just by playing the game for so long, the community has collectively learned alot since the early days of WoW when Blizzard was experimenting with the game just about as much as the players were. When you compare a community spanning the lifetime of the game, to a community that existed for only a single 'expansion', it's a no-brainer that we'll have an easier time of it.

A single week might by hard to squeeze in given all the prep work to be done, but clearing MC probably won't be as challenging. Infact aside from the pure numbers game that comes with gearing up and surviving damage in a boss fight, most vanilla bosses probably won't provide the same kind of challenge people remember.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2019-08-16 at 04:54 AM.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

Will that get him a world first or something like that?

i like how 6 months ago people thought that it would take months for rag to die.

funny how quickly the realities of vanilla are sinking it

also theres so many people in this thread who have no idea how powerleveling in vanilla works. a lot of people are gonna be shouting hacks when the first level 60 happens day 2
    Last edited by apples; 2019-08-16 at 04:04 AM.

considering its not even possible to summon rag until you get the rep required to get the aqual quintessences + leveling + gearing(which isnt trivial in classic compared to now), i doubt it'll be first week. Sounds like empty boasting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Will that get him a world first or something like that?
    He most likely thinks it will, even thought it does not.

The private server record is under 3 days played, solo, and private servers are HARDER than classic WoW - 100%.
    They sure we're with lower armor values for mobs, lower HP, more xp, more player damage, bugged items that increased damage broken class mechanics that did extra damage and provided unintended buffs to characters.
    All solo records on PS are invalid as they were approx 42% easier on average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

There is no expectation of what can be done. We know you can easily hit 60 comfortably in 4-5days played on pservers and we also know after the closed classic beta its more generous with xp than most of the bigger pservers, specially in dungeons which are easier to do in classic than pservers. Skarm is coming in with a guild of players who are all pserver "neckbeards" so to speak, who have been doing this for a long time. I have no doubts they will have a raid of 58-60s within 5 to 6 days of release with quit a few getting there a bit faster.

Im not saying a clear week one is a for sure thing but thats the challenge for those players for how they want to play the game.
    Having the 35-40 players at max level is the first thing. Getting them geared is the second and that’s where the problem is. Ragnaros is not doable with an undergeared, underleveled and maybe even not full raid. Healers will be oom, tanks will be crushed to death and DPS won’t do enough damage to counter all of this. Doing Ragnaros in green/blue equipment in week 1? Well, have fun.

I give you that there might be several players that level to 60 in week 1. All of the other stuff... we will see. I highly doubt it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    They sure we're with lower armor values for mobs, lower HP, more xp, more player damage, bugged items that increased damage broken class mechanics that did extra damage and provided unintended buffs to characters.
    Wake up. It was already confirmed priv servers were overtuned compared to vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So completely wrong it's insane.