Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New WoW Classic Realm Opening Today, Extended Queues Expected on Select Realms

New WoW Classic Realm Opening Today
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Due to very high demand, we will open a new WoW Classic realm for name reservations at 5:00 p.m PDT (8:00 p.m. EDT) today, Wednesday, August 14:

Stalagg – PvP – Eastern Time

We suggest that players, especially those on the Herod realm, consider creating characters on Stalagg. We expect that other PvP realms in this region will otherwise experience significant login queues when Classic launches.

Thank you!

Extended Queues Expected on Select Realms
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    As of now, a large number of WoW Classic characters have been created on the following realms. Players with characters on this realm are likely to experience severe queues at release.

• Herod - PvP
    • Whitemane - PvP

We have updated the algorithm for the realm population tags so they more accurately reflect the expected population for that realm. The realms that are listed as “Full” are where we expect to see extended queues. If you’re concerned about long queue times affecting your play experience, you may want to consider creating characters on a lower population realm before the game releases on August 26 at 3:00 p.m. PDT.

Nice try Blizzard, but i'm gonna play the most populated PVP server. You guys deal with the server tech and sharding. I'd rather have a que and know my games population will be steady in 6 months vs picking the consolation realm and have to risk being swallowed up whole by a particular dominant PVP realm.

WoW Classic is going to be DoA!

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    So dead that the realms have que's 10k deep. Whens the last time you had a que for retail?

Tell us more!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have to queue every day to play FFXIV. Admittedly it's only a queue of about 20-40 people and takes only a couple minutes, but still. It's nice in a way, shows the game is popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    So dead that the realms have que's 10k deep. Whens the last time you had a que for retail?
    He's being sarcastic. He's one of the "classic will kill retail" crowd.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

I'll bite, but a few times when 8.2 first came out.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    He's being sarcastic. He's one of the "classic will kill retail" crowd.
    i don't know how my sarcasm detector didn't pick that up.... my mistake..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    I'll bite, but a few times when 8.2 first came out.
    i legit would have to think back to Ulduar for a server que on my retail

- - - Updated - - -

That queue was probably only a a couple hundred (compared to the thousands from WotLK, or, the 10s of thousands for Classic), or under. For 8.2. And probably only on a few very specific realms. Illidan, Area-52 and Stormrage. lolol

7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how populated this server will be since so many people have already figured out their realms, it's a nice option though since Faelina is the streamer server, Thalnos is the home to the Brazilian community, and Herod is the largest server.

- - - Updated - - -

MoP and WoD had massive queues. I remember waiting for hours when these expacs launched.

Legion and BfA kinda stopped having queues, because Blizzard was more prepared and there's a shitton of servers. I actually had a queue too in 8.2 of a couple hundred players, but I got through after like 1 min.

Also the classic realms probably won't have huge queues either when classic launches. Blizzard probably didn't expect that this many players would login during the first hour of the name reservations so they didn't allocate a lot of "power"
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-08-14 at 11:32 PM.

its because of asmondcuck and his group of 200-500 people in one zone. he's pretty much going to destroy whatever server he's on with his followers.

That queue was probably only a a couple hundred (compared to the thousands from WotLK, or, the 10s of thousands for Classic), or under. For 8.2. And probably only on a few very specific realms. Illidan, Area-52 and Stormrage. lolol
    just to create a character name had a bigger que than the TOTAL population that my realm (Skullcrusher) has had since the WOTLK days.

I honestly can't think of the last time i saw a wow retail server que

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rionalgaming View Post
    its because of asmondcuck and his group of 200-500 people in one zone. he's pretty much going to destroy whatever server he's on with his followers.
    while i won't participate in the name calling and insulting of streamers; Asmongold and the other big streamers all went to Faerlina

7+ Year Old Account
    literally a few days ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

no he didnt he's on herod too

asmond is pretty much on all the pvp servers/

Quote Originally Posted by rionalgaming View Post
    asmond is pretty much on all the pvp servers/
    he made a toon on every realm, and will on this new one too.

But his main is on Faerlina with his streamer friends.

I'd expect herod to be the horde toon for them though, not a big deal /shrug.

I've killed asmongold in retail (no bs) and ill kill him in classic if given a chance but won't go outta my way to bust his balls

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by devijim View Post
    just play pve realm
    how dare you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    literally a few days ago.
    what realm? because i only know of a handful that could even be contenders for a que, and even then i dunno i just don't see it considering all of my realms are deader than the forsaken. Not doubting you FP, just curious where i need to park my next retail toon lol

Well classic has 12 servers and retail has over 225. I'm sure if there were 12 retail servers que's would be a giant problem.