Poll: Dragons are coming?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    There's a few NPC who were not upgraded yet :
    -Centaurs who can still be upgraded in a barrens Warfront
    -A lot of beast from the Barrens (lion, giraffe) who can still be upgraded in a barrens Warfront

-Gnoll who, I am pretty sure, can be upgraded for a Dragon Island patch as they're the perfect filler monster with kobold and murloc
    -Swampthings who can also be upgraded in a Green Dragonflight wing of the island

-Some vanilla beasts like wolves and boars who were replaced by their WoD counterpart
    -A few scourge really specific monsters like the bone skeletons (Rattlegore) and the wight (Stalagg and Feugen)

-Dragons, almost all of them (whelp were upgraded with Legion)

I guess we'll have an answer soon anyway. 8.2.5 do not looks like a big update and don't bring an allied race so I guess we can expect it for early / mid september and 2 or 3 weeks after its release we'll have the 8.3 showcase with Jeremy Feasel and PTR next week.

Imagine getting Dragon Isles as an expansion and still being grounded/flightless for a year while we have dragons flying everywhere around us.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I think just about everyone could tell that the Dragon Isles will show up some way in 9.0, I do not think it'll be 8.3 though, that'd be pretty weird

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Imagine getting Dragon Isles as an expansion and still being grounded/flightless for a year while we have dragons flying everywhere around us.
    Would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    A titan themed zone in the middle with Uldorus the missing Titan facility.
    Was N'zoth's prison in Azshara's palace not the missing facility?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post

Would be nice
    Agree. "Death from above" is more impactful when you can't do much about it. I'm looking at you, sky terrors of mine craft...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Was N'zoth's prison in Azshara's palace not the missing facility?
    I thought Mechagnon was what MOTHER was talking about when referencing the missing titan facility
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Well... it is inevitable we will see it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Doubt that... Theres some Dragon Isles showing up in really early wow artwork concerning maps.
    So? Outlands was a part of WoW Alpha but later completely re-done for the TBC. Things get re-imagined all the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Doubt that... Theres some Dragon Isles showing up in really early wow artwork concerning maps.
    There is one piece of concept art.
    Besides that one single image from 15 years ago, the dragon isles don't have any sort of concept.

Blizzard can do as they wish with it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I want a draconic class
    I want that race ... the lizard people with like 6 legs.

Dragonsworn class coconfirmed!

Wrathion looks desperately at Nozdormu, Nozdormu nods.

N'zoth speaking through Azhara is about to unleash another old god through the dagger: The void is inevitable !

Wrathion rushes in and steals the dagger, and destroys it, dying in the process: AND I... AM WRATHION...

it is deathwing notice the shiny metal jaw. that wraithon doesnt have lol

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    I LOL'd for real

It's an odd theory.

I like the premise, but the transferral of power and creation of 'new Aspects' who are mortals reeks of Tirisfal Guardians shenanigans. I mean if that happens, Dragons are next to useless in WoW lore after that. Other than Chromie, they can all be considered lesser-than-mortals at this point.

I feel like the story really needs to get back on track on telling broader stories and give some victories to the NPCs rather than having every NPC faction incapable of handling the situation and having to grant us power to defeat the big bad. In the broad sense, Dragons haven't done anything important since the War of the Shifting Sands. All they do is get corrupted, go insane or mess up the timelines.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope this happens, it'd be great to have the dragons in the spotlight again. Murozond's ascension needs to happen at some point, and what better time than when N'zoth is free.

Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    I hope this happens, it'd be great to have the dragons in the spotlight again. Murozond's ascension needs to happen at some point, and what better time than when N'zoth is free.
    A lot of it points to it. N'zoth has his own dragonflight ready and started corrupting the other dragons. We fought back his influence on every dragonflight except the bronze ones and Vexiona left in search of a dragonflight who will serve n'zoth.
    Also worth noting is nozdormus absence during the events that include the other flights. Chromie joins us instead in the chamber of heart at some point.
    The only problem i see is that murozond is already defeated in the future, which can make a really lame bad guy. Oh and Time stuff...
    Last edited by Foolicious; 2019-08-15 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    We will be defeating N'zoth in 8.3

I don't know why people are having a hard time accepting this.
    Because then it would be the end of WoW?

If N'zoth fails then we don't have a reason to fight the void lords. N'zoth has to succeed for the void lords to show up.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    newly front-and-center NPCs of Baine, Tyrande, Sylvanas and Jaina at each of the corresponding dragonshrines they were at during End Time
    Well, Sylvanas raising ghouls and creating void zones in Endtime certainly makes more sense now, I’ll give you that.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Because then it would be the end of WoW?

If N'zoth fails then we don't have a reason to fight the void lords. N'zoth has to succeed for the void lords to show up.
    And if the void lords show up, it will be the end. How about we don't go there yet. The Void Lords can always summon more Old Gods anyway.

While I love dragons, they are also one of the most overused deus ex machina in fantasy writing and WoW is especially guilty of that. It's already bad enough that they drag them out again atm, doing the very same thing that has lead them to their current ruination, but giving them even more spotlight with the next expansion.. I'm really conflicted with something like that. But then again such a cliche story pregression is probably what the game needs as dragging out the legion again might a bit early...
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-08-15 at 09:11 PM.