Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    EU is just better, it shows not just in wow.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

If you can't compete for 1st place, or maybe first place Alliance, why would you waste your time? No one cares about 5th or 10th place or anything like that. EU already have defined players and it's been like that for a long time. They always had the players, the guilds. There's no point in trying to build something which in the end is a meaningless prestige. There's a lot of time and prep and effort involved in being "competitive" and it doesn't just happen overnight. It's kind of like why it took CSGO in NA to even be "decent" because no one would scrim with them and they were simply stuck playing with a lack of talent in NA for ages until the scene improved. It's always been more of an EU thing. What's the specific social aspect of it? Well, that's a little in-depth for these forums, I'd imagine.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    If you can't compete for 1st place, or maybe first place Alliance, why would you waste your time? No one cares about 5th or 10th place or anything like that. EU already have defined players and it's been like that for a long time. They always had the players, the guilds. There's no point in trying to build something which in the end is a meaningless prestige. There's a lot of time and prep and effort involved in being "competitive" and it doesn't just happen overnight. It's kind of like why it took CSGO in NA to even be "decent" because no one would scrim with them and they were simply stuck playing with a lack of talent in NA for ages until the scene improved. It's always been more of an EU thing. What's the specific social aspect of it? Well, that's a little in-depth for these forums, I'd imagine.
    I don't think the CSGO analogy works

Raiders aren't PvPing the scene really shouldn't matter that much relative to a FPS

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    The US has been behind other regions for world first for probably around a decade or more now. But, throughout most of that period there were at least several US guilds competing against each other, generally for ranking within the top 10. Now, there exists only Limit who are even in the top 20. (Two) Ocean guilds have killed Azshara, to (one) United States guild.

What happened? Guilds like Blood Legion, Vodka, Premonition all used to be competing at the same time. Now we have no one
    During my college days, I had all the time in the world to devote to this game and play a competitive, mythic raid schedule (16 hrs/wk). Sparing the details, I simply don't have that time anymore after I graduated and now raid 3.5-4 hours/wk; still enough that we have progressed past Ashvane. My story is probably similar to a lot of other people.
    Last edited by Celadir; 2019-11-13 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdance View Post
    the us has been behind other regions for world first for probably around a decade or more now. But, throughout most of that period there were at least several us guilds competing against each other, generally for ranking within the top 10. Now, there exists only limit who are even in the top 20. (two) ocean guilds have killed azshara, to (one) united states guild.

What happened? Guilds like blood legion, vodka, premonition all used to be competing at the same time. now we have no one
    we got bills to pay.

I frankly just don't think WoW is all that popular in America anymore, and as is, PC gaming in general isn't like... blowing the charts away in America either. Europe has always been more into computer gaming. They basically picked computers over the NES back when, and were huge into Sega instead of Nintendo as well. (What a wonderful place!)

Like... American gaming websites pretty much never report on WoW anymore unless it's a niche style blog, or something amazingly new gets announced or an expansion. In the mid 2000's, you'd see articles every other day. Up until about 2011 or so, give or take.

I'd REALLY love to see NA active subs for WoW. I bet it's low enough to 100% justify merging servers, and has been for a while. I bet you it's in the range of around 500,000 or less.

The EU WoW community is nearly 3x bigger than the NA WoW community if you believe third party population websites. More people is obviously going to contribute to this. They also say that the biggest EU realms are 2x bigger than the biggest NA realms. As an NA player I can definitely tell you that the game is dead. There's a huge shortage of players over here unless you play on like Area 52, Illidan, or Stormrage.
    Last edited by FrostyMage; 2019-11-21 at 04:36 PM.