Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    That's funny because the actual proletariat are working not lurking video game forums.
    I think he means "we're starting a revolution against the communists". With reference to the whole Boycott Blizzard / China thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I work like a motherfucker....
    Must be so proud yeah? Living in Europe making same money and working max 40 hours per week - now that's living.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    They ain't doing anything special in method lol
    No? They made a post of what they did this expansion. Like farming hundreds of Isles. Which normal players don't do - because it requires a lot of time and because it's repetitive and boring. It's not "special", but it's quite different from what the average player does. This "get better" thing is myth. If you play high end you're about as skilled as you're gonna get, what makes the difference at this point is better gear and different outside advantages, developing tactics and addons to help and repeating the same fight until you're executing it to perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    No? They made a post of what they did this expansion. Like farming hundreds of Isles. Which normal players don't do - because it requires a lot of time and because it's repetitive and boring. It's not "special", but it's quite different from what the average player does. This "get better" thing is myth. If you play high end you're about as skilled as you're gonna get, what makes the difference at this point is better gear and different outside advantages, developing tactics and addons to help and repeating the same fight until you're executing it to perfection.
    Yeah having a few blokes versed in lua is a good thing for a raid to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Must be so proud yeah? Living in Europe making same money and working max 40 hours per week - now that's living.
    I'm not proud, I'm tired. I work 72 hours a week......save me.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    people who live like this do so for a reason, theyre idiots

- - - Updated - - -

lol bubble
    So you are out of touch with reality then I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Ooo custom timers very fancy lol

Nothing special.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    So you are out of touch with reality then I guess
    no, if you put yourself into a position where you need to work more than 40 hours a week to live comfortably youre an idiot. its really that simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds grossly unhealthy and exhausting. It's more of a job for Method than it is a hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    We can't love ourselves because our Government fucks us every possible way. They don't regulate business because most of the politicians are bought out by the businesses because bribing is semi-legal. They don't even take care of disabled veterans, let that sink in.
    As a brit who has an ancestor who died fighting Americans in 1812, I must confess, I enjoy the slight irony here

We can't love ourselves because our Government fucks us every possible way. They don't regulate business because most of the politicians are bought out by the businesses because bribing is semi-legal. They don't even take care of disabled veterans, let that sink in.
    This isn't that accurate anymore. While there was a problem for a long time, things have changed since the aftermath of Afghanistan and Iraq. I volunteer at a VA hospital and if you or someone you know needs help, Ill be happy to point you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    This isn't that accurate anymore. While there was a problem for a long time, things have changed since the aftermath of Afghanistan and Iraq. I volunteer at a VA hospital and if you or someone you know needs help, Ill be happy to point you in the right direction.
    There's still a lot of issues that aren't being handled for Vets. I have a friend who was a sniper in the army and she has some serious ptsd and they keep sticking her on 6-8 month waiting lists for doctors/psychiatric help.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

There's still a lot of issues that aren't being handled for Vets. I have a friend who was a sniper in the army and she has some serious ptsd and they keep sticking her on 6-8 month waiting lists for doctors/psychiatric help.

I find this difficult to believe. Tell her to check this out and she should be able to get an appointment in a much quicker fashion.

https://www.va.gov/health-care/healt...l-health/ptsd/

It takes people not even in the system or under VA disability weeks, not months, to get their first appointment. The US has finally moved beyond Vietnam era of dealing with PTSD and it's one of the things that the government is actually good about now.

I'm ignoring the fact that as of a year ago, the US Army had zero female snipers for the sake that I hope she gets the treatment she needs.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    no, if you put yourself into a position where you need to work more than 40 hours a week to live comfortably youre an idiot. its really that simple.
    Still out of touch with reality, with wages staying the same or barely increasing and the prices of everything going up to maintain even sometimes a second job is very much required.

A big part of it is "fast food" culture here in the US, nobody wants to do anything that requires any real effort.

Translate that to WoW world first, here you are lucky if raid doesn't fall apart after 3rd pull on a mythic boss. Not a snowball's chance in hell will vast majority of quality players even make 5 pulls on most fights without finding some excuse to bail.

Hell the last Heroic guild I was in, cleared 7/8 on Tuesday, we come back Thursday and made THREE pulls, then GM cuts a third of the raid to get kill. We had over 1.5 hours of raid time left (only were raiding 2 hours a nite for 2 nites) when queen died, then they all logged.

Too many people just want to walk in and one shot every boss. This of course ripples all the way up. There simply isn't a pool of committed players to poach from.

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer to this question has been answered a million times. The US does not get as much time off as EU simple as. Maybe there are some cultural differences like the poster above me stated with your general person having 0 patience in the age of smart phones but I just chalk it up to what little time we get off, we don't want to spend it glued to a video game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Also I never understood what are taxes going for in the US if there's no free schooling and no free healthcare, and no public transport either. Unless there aren't taxes but I somehow doubt that.
    Our taxes go to making missles to bomb some random people in the desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    The answer to this question has been answered a million times. The US does not get as much time off as EU simple as. Maybe there are some cultural differences like the poster above me stated with your general person having 0 patience in the age of smart phones but I just chalk it up to what little time we get off, we don't want to spend it glued to a video game.

- - - Updated - - -

Our taxes go to making missles to bomb some random people in the desert.
    raiding evenings only to stay competitive (read top 20 world) doesn't require time off

15+ Year Old Account
    Because most people who play in the US might as well be free-loving hippies. Honestly I'd say many people in this game just don't care to dedicate so much time and energy to a video game. Part of that is corporate American culture which outlines much of how we see the world and defines the way we see ourselves in it. For example, in some Asian countries, professional gaming is probably something you can put on a job application. If you tried that in the US, no employer would take you very seriously. Gaming to many, is still "The lazy man's basement hobby", essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Because most people who play in the US might as well be free-loving hippies. Honestly I'd say many people in this game just don't care to dedicate so much time and energy to a video game. Part of that is corporate American culture which outlines much of how we see the world and defines the way we see ourselves in it. For example, in some Asian countries, professional gaming is probably something you can put on a job application. If you tried that in the US, no employer would take you very seriously. Gaming to many, is still "The lazy man's basement hobby", essentially.
    Are you the Advent from cuties only

Becuase BFA does not encourouge raiders to compete. The perfect example was when Method explained in inteview what they had to do to during BoD. When they spend hundredd of milions of gold for upgrades, and they had to do some strange gimicks to be even able to compete. Spending 16hours a day on split raids, farming AP etc.

So I am not surprised there is like 5 guild in total competing for world first.

On top of that I think Method literally killed NA's raiding scene when they killed Jaina twice before Limit killer her for the first time.