Thread: Idea: Red Ice

3+ Year Old Account

Idea: Red Ice

Basically, similar to the Warlock's "Green Fire" quest, the end of this quest (which would take place in a phased version of Bloodmyst Isle) would give you a cosmetic makeover to your Ice spells, changing them from their normal color to blood red. This will also affect the appearance of your Water Elemental, and the Frost Mage's version of the Arch Mage's Prismatic Disc. You would, of course, be able to switch back to the normal ice color and vice versa.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    Basically, similar to the Warlock's "Green Fire" quest, the end of this quest (which would take place in a phased version of Bloodmyst Isle) would give you a cosmetic makeover to your Ice spells, changing them from their normal color to blood red. This will also affect the appearance of your Water Elemental, and the Frost Mage's version of the Arch Mage's Prismatic Disc. You would, of course, be able to switch back to the normal ice color and vice versa.
    So you want to be strawberry mage?

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    But green fire has some lore behind it. They are warlocks. It's demonic fel flame. What's your justification for red ice other then something different or "oh! Pretty!"?

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    But green fire has some lore behind it. They are warlocks. It's demonic fel flame. What's your justification for red ice other then something different or "oh! Pretty!"?
    blood magic

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by GlazeyB View Post
    blood magic
    Pretty big reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Pretty big reach.
    not really https://wow.gamepedia.com/Blood_mage https://wow.gamepedia.com/Blood_magic

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah except that's a different school of magic entirely.

Green felfire is still, in the basest sense, fire. There is NOTHING linking Blood to Ice magic at all.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Yeah except that's a different school of magic entirely.

Green felfire is still, in the basest sense, fire. There is NOTHING linking Blood to Ice magic at all.
    You're right, but an actual Blood spec for mages will never be added. So, let's just go with "Imbue your magic with blood!"

Black Ice would make more senses
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

3+ Year Old Account
    I was refering to the corrupted, radiated waters in Bloodmyst Isle. Thats why my idea for the quest would take place in Bloodmyst Isle.

Sure, but can I then have my paladin shooting rainbows instead of yellow light?

Just imagine, that Avenging Wrath with all the colours of the rainbow and sparkles. Gimme!

Frostfire was the closest we had to that.

Wrong color.

Black ice of bust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg6iOjKHQIk
    I am impelled, not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd take blue fire over red ice.

then again i'd take purple ice and purple fire over anything. make it all arcane imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    God, why can't they just replace flurry with frostfire bolt?
    Frostfire bolt never made a lot of sense...a fireball encased in frost, didn't they even make a april fools about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Frostfire bolt never made a lot of sense...a fireball encased in frost, didn't they even make a april fools about that?
    It's magic. It doesn't have to make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

i'd much rather have either blue flames, or a re-skin of one of the specs to be a void-based shadowmage.

how cool would it be to have some fucking amaterasu-like black and blue void fire? would be fucking sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    God, why can't they just replace flurry with frostfire bolt?
    I know, I absolutely LOVED the animation AND the sound the spell made. Same goes for the old Arcane Barrage, loved the shiny, misty, swirling projectile as opposed to the more colorful and cleaner version we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Black Ice would make more senses
    This person is correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH4k9oWxoY0#t=1m
    I am impelled, not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    So you want to be strawberry mage?
    Wish I could give you a "giggle" at your reply, but I have to quote you and thank you instead. Thank you. *giggles*