Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Sounds like you have that backwards. I’ve found that people who overcompensate (like yourself) are subpar at best.

I mean, your example for why a PVP realm is better involved a 14 lvl difference so yeah... I see the type of “PVP” that you think you’re “good” at.
    My example was to underline how frustrating I imagine it is, for someone clearly out of your league is taking shit you need, and you can't do it because they have their little safe-space soy-boy blue name on. Could you repeat that bit about sub-par again? I can't hear you from ontop of my 3 Gladiator mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    My example was to underline how frustrating I imagine it is, for someone clearly out of your league is taking shit you need, and you can't do it because they have their little safe-space soy-boy blue name on. Could you repeat that bit about sub-par again? I can't hear you from ontop of my 3 Gladiator mounts.
    and this comes from community which almost quit game when they had to do real pvp when templates were put into game and skills decided on stuff not win trading or gear

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    and this comes from community which almost quit game when they had to do real pvp when templates were put into game and skills decided on stuff not win trading or gear
    ... To be fair I did get my titles as cheesy OP comps, so no complaints there

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    PvP servers are the alpha chad servers. It is understandable that some of you will feel intimidated.

I will definitely roll on a PvP server.
    the angsty ganking PvP server virgin vs. the peaceful enlightened PvE Chad

In 2006, I played on pvp servers only. I really enjoyed pvp back then, and I loved the extra added dimension of danger.

These days? I'm going carebear and sticking to a PvE server. If I get the itch to kill players, I'll join a battleground.

Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    In 2006, I played on pvp servers only. I really enjoyed pvp back then, and I loved the extra added dimension of danger.

These days? I'm going carebear and sticking to a PvE server. If I get the itch to kill players, I'll join a battleground.
    I remember when I first started playing, I picked a PvP realm (not really understanding what it meant). When I would get attacked out in the world, I'd just take my hands off the mouse/keyboard, and let them kill me. If I rezzed and they killed me again I'd just switch to an alt. Eventually moved to a PVE realm and never looked back.

I actually avoid "player vs player" mechanics in ALL video games I play. I have a lot more fun playing cooperatively.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    It's really not, though. In actual practice, yeah, griefing and lowbie ganking happens, but I'd say 90% of the time it's like-level people doing some mundane task, and suddenly a wild Horde appears, and an epic battle ensues.
    My experience is VASTLY different in my ~12 years on a PvP realm. For me it's more like 90% ganking and occasionally there will be a battle that is somewhat fair. Most people just want to one-shot someone. Battlegrounds are the only place that I find PvP to be fair or challenging, but I play other games for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I actually avoid "player vs player" mechanics in ALL video games I play. I have a lot more fun playing cooperatively.
    This is how I am these days as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    the angsty ganking PvP server virgin vs. the peaceful enlightened PvE Chad
    Hahahaha yeah right.

Guess you are beyond the point of no return. Stop with the soy, there may be hope yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost like people keep forgetting that you can indeed type /pvp and flag yourself up on normal realms. I've had plenty of quality PvP action on normal realms over the years...

Once BGs are out its not gonna matter what type of server you are on except for ganking lowbies. In P3, anyone that cares about doing pvp or ranking up will ALL will be in BGs, not trying to do a TM v SS battles. In p2 however, pvp servers will get a def advantage in gearing for p3 BG's but I dont think it will be a huge advantage or anything.

Alot of people blame flying in TBC for killing world pvp, but world pvp started dying off with BG's. Flying was just the straw that broke its back.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2019-08-23 at 01:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, if not for my work group I would certainly roll on a PvE realm. They're a lot more relaxing and tend to have far less aggressive people.