Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    It's a failure pretty common in the PvP crowd, and one of the main reason they are what they are, why I prefer to avoid them and what makes a PvE realm a very enticing place.
    People who can't even understand that someone might have a different perception and combine it with a pathological desire to dominate don't tend to be people I enjoy being around.
    Rofl /10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Having played on a PVP realm since 2005 I can honestly say that none of those scenarios were exciting, fun, or exhilarating. I was that type to park my main in the same zone as my lvling alts just for protection and revenge purposes. No, it wasn’t fun. It was incredibly frustrating. The inclusion of war mode after more than a decade stuck in that PVP shithole was one of the best things Blizzard has ever done.

I’m not planning on playing Classic anyway, but if I did you can bet your ass that this time it would be on a PVE realm.
    Yeahhh I played on a PVP realm since day 1 too. I guess the difference is, that I was good at it..

Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    This is a PvP game, and was clearly designed that way. PvE realms are the equivalent of a handicap parking spot.
    PvP was an afterthought and never the intended way to play WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by --Code-- View Post
    The biggest con to PvE servers is they remove a big piece of content from the game. World pvp is huge in Vanilla.
    This I think is what PvPers don't understand. That IS the plus to PvE servers. PvE people don't care if a "huge piece of the game is missing" because they wouldn't play that part of the game anyway. What you are calling a negative of PVE servers is actually the biggest plus for those of us who want to play on them.

It just boils down to "different people like different things ... and that's OK".

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    PvP was an afterthought and never the intended way to play WoW.
    Then why are PvP servers the most populated ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I am not arguing that they are or are not, just that it was not their focus and they have gone on record saying that many times over, that is why BfA was the first expansion where they made PvP a true focus and seems to be the poorest expansion overall because of it (among many other things).

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I am not arguing that they are or are not, just that it was not their focus and they have gone on record saying that many times over, that is why BfA was the first expansion where they made PvP a true focus and seems to be the poorest expansion overall because of it (among many other things).
    AH you are saying Blizzard never expected it.
    Yeah i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    People actually disparage each other over server choice/gaming preferences?

You guys have weird kinks. Folks who like PvP can PvP. Folks who don't, don't have to. Getting pissy at each other over who does or doesn't like PvP makes all y'all look like some weak bitches.
    Server shame me harder daddy.

The community on the large pvp servers seems to be mostly toxic trash. Certainly the case from being grouped with players from Stormscale and Outland (EU) over the years.

really the main thing is the time saved from no grab-assing outside the instance right before the raid starts. I think over the years pve servers had pvp, mostly I think it really picked up when they added those for the horde! and for the alliance! achievements, then for a while you saw raids on capital cities, in phase 1 honour does nothing which is what it was like at the beginning, pvp was barely implemented you could pvp, but it meant basically nothing, the best honour farming came from spamming the bgs imo. as a priest i honestly didn't care much for pvp most classes could kill me specced to heal, although mind controlling ppl in blackrock had its moments jumping them into the lava and watch them try to swim for the edge. that was probably the pinnacle of wpvp for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    Rofl /10char
    Thanks for proving the point I was making !

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    I played on a PVP realm since day 1 too. I guess the difference is, that I was good at it..
    Sounds like you have that backwards. I’ve found that people who overcompensate (like yourself) are subpar at best.

I mean, your example for why a PVP realm is better involved a 14 lvl difference so yeah... I see the type of “PVP” that you think you’re “good” at.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2019-08-20 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by --Code-- View Post
    World PvP on PvE servers consists of actual ass holes killing low level quest giver NPCs to troll people leveling, nothing more.
    Funny how that seems to be the reason why so many transfer from PvP servers to begin with... - - - Updated - - -
    There are fewer of them, so they do seem more populated.

Because of rogues. Plain and simple, because of rogues. They were the most played class until Cata, if I'm correct. You take that super OP world pvp class out of the mix and I believe the population drastically goes down. I wish there was a way to tally up the rogues that were never level capped in Vanilla.

They never have been in the history of "retail" (which is such a stupid term) WoW. Normal and RP servers have always, since day one, been dominant.

And the only reason they seem to be that way at the moment is solely because of name reservations, and people wanting to see what the fuss is about. A month into the game, tops, and the numbers are going to reverse so hard you're going to be embarrassed you even muttered this sentiment once the latter realize how fucking annoying open world PVP players are/were in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    They never have been in the history of "retail" (which is such a stupid term) WoW. Normal and RP servers have always, since day one, been dominant.

And the only reason they seem to be that way at the moment is solely because of name reservations, and people wanting to see what the fuss is about. A month into the game, tops, and the numbers are going to reverse so hard you're going to be embarrassed you even muttered this sentiment once the latter realize how fucking annoying open world PVP players are/were in vanilla.
    I stand corrected then.

I thought PvP servers were more famous in the history of wow

Quote Originally Posted by crunch09 View Post
    I'm not sure why people are so excited at playing in a PVP realm.

On a PVE realm you can:
    • Farm herbs/mines/mats in peace.
    • Not being ganked 24/7 by groups sitting in the same spot all day and night.
    • Having the ability to turn pvp on or off when you want outdoors.
    • Not having huge ques when you log in.

Are you guys switching to a PVE realm in Classic?, because i'm 100% going to PVE .
    Sorry but WOW Classic without the Tarren Mills fights is not really WOW Classic... no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    It does affect me, and I'm not calling PvE players pathetic, I'm calling the behaviour I talked about pathetic - and I'm happy PvE servers exist for the players who would do that. You taking offense by what I said doesn't make me edgy. Yeah, I said PvE servers are for cowards, and the OP exemplifies exactly why: remove half of the game just to be able to do your chores uninterrupted. World PvP IS what gives the world life in Classic, you remove the life of the game in order to gain convenience.
    In other words, PVP monkeys have to come to every single topic about PVE servers just to try and get to you to come to their realm so they can roll in 15 lvls higher and kill you. 95% of wPVP is "can I kill them?" if yes then engage, if no, walk away. In all my years of playing pvp servers, retail and private, not once have I ever been engaged by someone who was at a definite disadvantage. Isn't that weird, because all of those 1000's of players who avoided me actively did not want to participate in what you say is "half of the game". wPVP is a joke and you know it. Without lowbies and unprepared people to kill you will have nothing to do, which is why you are hear complaining and trying to bait people to come over.

I stand corrected then.

I thought PvP servers were more famous in the history of wow
    more famous =/= more populated or numerous.

*Normal realm

There we go. Thanks.

I am sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Warmongar View Post
    In other words, PVP monkeys have to come to every single topic about PVE servers just to try and get to you to come to their realm so they can roll in 15 lvls higher and kill you. 95% of wPVP is "can I kill them?" if yes then engage, if no, walk away. In all my years of playing pvp servers, retail and private, not once have I ever been engaged by someone who was at a definite disadvantage. Isn't that weird, because all of those 1000's of players who avoided me actively did not want to participate in what you say is "half of the game". wPVP is a joke and you know it. Without lowbies and unprepared people to kill you will have nothing to do, which is why you are hear complaining and trying to bait people to come over.
    Not at all interested in getting weak/non-PvPers to play on PvP realm, no. Why would anyone engage in a fight they cannot win? The way you presented it makes it seem like you think PvP players are cowards just because they won't actively engage in something they have literally no chance of winning. The opposite would be far more concerning, as you'd have someone either too stupid to understand the situation or just an insane person.

If you're confused, even a fight with a 99% chance to lose is winnable.

And if you've never been attacked by a single dude while you're leveling with a friend, you can't possibly have played on PvP servers much. I've had that happen to me & done it myself several times only in the past few weeks. If that isn't a disadvantage, you might just not know what the word means.