Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    Don't you need frost for that one boss in AQ, pretty sure it was AQ 40.
    I honestly don't remember. I went fire in AQ and Naxx. I don't recall any AQ bosses having fire resist. I remember them having nature resist.

Edit: I think you mean Viscidus. It doesn't require frost spec, merely types of frost damage. We spammed low-level frost spells to "freeze" him.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2019-08-17 at 10:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    Don't you need frost for that one boss in AQ, pretty sure it was AQ 40.
    Ye, the slime boss. Pretty sure it's aq40.
    Youtube Channel
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minecraft Map: Valley of Ages(map is out of date)

10+ Year Old Account
    It was an optional boss, my Alliance guild simply ignored it exists and Horde could use a totem that gave frost damage to attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Hey.

Which one would be better for Dungeons? I know that Blackrock stuff has a lot of fire people, so probably frost for that, But do you go frost whenever you go those places and fire for everything else? as in do you keep switching between them? feels like the talent change cost could be quite expensive after a while
    Should just play Frost, it's very VERY slightly under Fire, but you can't play Fire in Molten Core anyway, so you can just stay Frost, get comfortable with it, and save gold in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Frost is the only choice until at least phase 4 and probably p5 is when most raiding mages will start to switch full time to Fire. It's just not worth building up your respec costs to eek out an extra 5% dps in Dungeons. You'll still be out-dps'ing everything except potentially rogues just by spamming Frostbolt and depending on which Frost spec you decide on using you're a either a PvP or mob farming god or a bit of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    Frost is the only choice until at least phase 4 and probably p5 is when most raiding mages will start to switch full time to Fire. It's just not worth building up your respec costs to eek out an extra 5% dps in Dungeons. You'll still be out-dps'ing everything except potentially rogues just by spamming Frostbolt and depending on which Frost spec you decide on using you're a either a PvP or mob farming god or a bit of both.
    How fast will the phases arrive tho? 1 every month? 1 every 3 months? 1 every year O_O?

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    How fast will the phases arrive tho? 1 every month? 1 every 3 months? 1 every year O_O?
    We don't know yet. I don't think there is a set time I think it will depend on how quickly the majority of people can get into MC and start clearing it. I would guess P2 would be 2-3 months after launch to give people a chance to reach 60 and gear up for PvP but it could be sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Plan on phases arriving close to their original releases.

Also -- There are a lot of elite quests while leveling that frost are able to solo with no issues. And because Molten Core requires frost, may as well just level as frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Hey.

Which one would be better for Dungeons? I know that Blackrock stuff has a lot of fire people, so probably frost for that, But do you go frost whenever you go those places and fire for everything else? as in do you keep switching between them? feels like the talent change cost could be quite expensive after a while
    I plan to save what little gold I make(there will be soo little in Classic), by leveling as Frost, and not making the switch until AQ, unless I end up being the one needed to freeze Viscidus, but I would probably rank up Fireball and fire blast along the way, for those few instances of frost resistant mobs.

Frost. God just take frost. Frost is the best of the spec intil Nax.
    ALL parts of frost is better, You got some sweeeeeet AOE CC, and good aoe spells for damage just in general.
    it better to level, and as people have said, Molten core is Fire based, so there is a lot of Fire resistance, There is not really any frost resistaning mods + For when you solo stuff, frost is just better anyway