Auction House Dummies

I was just thinking how many morons are going to be posting items for absurd prices in the first few weeks. I can already see items being listed at like 5-10kg when NO ONE has remotely that much gold. I would not be surprised at all if the avg selling price of most stuff is more gold than anyone has(including those posting it). I think people will either fail to realize no one has gold or to stupid to realize it.

Why would you care? If people want to do this then it isn't your business. Stop telling people how to play the game. Unless you roll a ret. That's is just wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I was just thinking how many morons are going to be posting items for absurd prices in the first few weeks. I can already see items being listed at like 5-10kg when NO ONE has remotely that much gold. I would not be surprised at all if the avg selling price of most stuff is more gold than anyone has(including those posting it). I think people will either fail to realize no one has gold or to stupid to realize it.
    Yeah, people seem to forget that gold has to come from somewhere. Quest rewards gave almost nothing before they added gold from quests at max level(speaking of which, is that in on phase 1, or are they waiting until it was originally added). The only source of coin is vendoring items and mob drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, some people coming over from retail who don't get the concept of a total market reset will post for exorbitant sums, but that's also the perfect time to swoop in and mass-post for reasonable sums and turn a huge profit. Not only are the overpriced posts going to make your reasonable auctions look even better by comparison, by posting en masse against the overpriced auctions, you pretty much get to set the market price at whatever you think it should be so long as it's within the ballpark of what's reasonable (for example, you could sell an item for 5-15% more than it should cost if the only competition is some doofus posting it for 300% what it should cost).

Never underestimate the psychological benefit overpriced goods can provide for your own auctions.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I think people that put up items at absurd prices don't do that to sell, but use the AH as some form extended storage space.

You see the same thing in retail.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    I think people that put up items at absurd prices don't do that to sell, but use the AH as some form extended storage space.

You see the same thing in retail.
    Some people also do it just to be assholes. Like the people that post hundreds of single stacks of materials for stupid prices. People will do it with mythril ammo in Classic, mark my words.

Smart goblins do this early in a games/expansions release to inflate auctioneer addons prices.

The better question is how many people will misclick/forget a zero on lynx feet or some other good drop and sell it for 50 silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I think the morons you are referring too are likely the people who wont play long enough to get to the point where they will have items worth auctioning.