Thread: Toy Story 4

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account

Toy Story 4

Anybody watched Toy Story 4? Most people saying that Disney is just milking money from the franchise. Is it true?

It's not amazing like 3 but still overall good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitechgamer View Post
    Anybody watched Toy Story 4? Most people saying that Disney is just milking money from the franchise. Is it true?
    Disney has been milking the franchise since the first one released. Toy Story was supposed to be a one and done film, but Pixar had a deal with Disney and the film blew up at the box office. Disney ordered a sequel to be made, and it would be done with or without Pixar's involvement, so John Lasseter decided that Pixar would make the sequel themselves. Due to luck and some hard thinking, they were able to turn an otherwise standalone film into the first act of the Toy Story myth arc. Said arc felt like it had definitively ended with 3, but Toy Story 4 kinda nicely slid in. I don't see how they can naturally add on to it after the ending of 4, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It's not amazing like 3 but still overall good.
    Can confirm. The overall plot is well written and the theme is good, but it didn't feel as nice as the first three.

For me its the weakest outa the four still good tho

I did and loved it. My co-workers' word of mouth was bullshit. I mean of course it's not as grandiose as Toy Story 3, that was a huge culmination, but it's every bit as good as Toy Story 2.