Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Honoustly I really like island expeditions; the PvP ones. They can be really exciting.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Storyline is the only shitty thing in BFA imo but thats what happens when you try and constantly force pvp in a game where you also gotta save the world every expansion.

Oh yeah and how they shat on the Alliance with uninspired horses and shit.

yall are all blind if u cant see whats wrong with bfa, let alone modern wow..

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    Well no, we are not blind. We have a good memory of all previous expansion and we also have the ability to pinpoint every single issue.
    As opposed to people parroting others without even giving a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    I think BfA has had the best zones the game has ever seen. The terrain, the skyboxes; the amount of detail in the environment trumps everything that came before it. Boralus is the coolest city Blizzard has ever created. Remastered Arathi Basin and Arathi Highlands are absolutely fantastic as well.

The environments Blizzard is creating feel much more immersive than anything they've done before. The geography isn't just Super Mario style hills and mountains (remember the ones in the old SNES Super Mario World? Lumpy Diglett looking shits.)
    Yeah. I like the new zones. I spilled the blood of tens of thousands of hordlings over both continents (and slayed hundreds of alliance on my horde main, not as much ally in WPvP, so I prefer alliance for the target rich environment). These were great zones. If the Shadowlands leak is real, they're gonna be great Hades-themed zones as well. Can't wait to shed the blood of the enemy of faction into the rivers of hell.

- - - Updated - - -

The pros outweigh the cons man.

Yes, PvE island expeditions suck. PvP expeditions suck for PvE'ers too; however, PvP expeditions executed by two mutually PvP oriented teams however ARE A LOT OF FUN. Two PvP aggressive teams spend nearly an hour killing each other before even 12k azeriite (75%) is reached LOL, and it's fun!

What's wrong with Azerite gear and essences? It's an extra talent pane. I don't think we've had this much talent variety since hybrid BC builds.

Warmode is great if you make it great. Just last night on my horde main we had a 40v40 battle for over THREE hours in Nazjatar that started with the Battle for Nazjatar and ended after a SECOND battle for Nazjatar. The fight raged between Newhome and Mezzamere. Eventually RUIN sharded in with Cryptids and Asmongolders and mopped us up like 200v40, but it was great the whole time and while we died (and the fact that we forced all three of those groups to shard in at once at 4:00AM is an accomplishment!).

Also: Deepcoral pods...this makes WPvP possible for solo-play. In order to drum up that 3 hour fight last night I had to farm my own bounty solo using schism/darkangel/searinglight/maledict/concentrated-essense + Deepcoral-kiting. Once I had my bounty I brought it back to Newhome and baited an alliance raid, then made my own raid and the 3 hour battle raged from there. At the end there were 3-4 bounties on both sides hopping around with deepcorals; thus, it's fair to say, that Deepcoral pods buffed WPvP harder than flying killed it. Overall there is more WPvP thanks for Deepcoral pods.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2019-08-18 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Yeah. I like the new zones. I spilled the blood of tens of thousands of hordlings over both continents (and slayed hundreds of alliance on my horde main, not as much ally in WPvP, so I prefer alliance for the target rich environment). These were great zones. If the Shadowlands leak is real, they're gonna be great Hades-themed zones as well. Can't wait to shed the blood of the enemy of faction into the rivers of hell.

- - - Updated - - -

The pros outweigh the cons man.

Yes, PvE island expeditions suck. PvP expeditions suck for PvE'ers too; however, PvP expeditions executed by two mutually PvP oriented teams however ARE A LOT OF FUN. Two PvP aggressive teams spend nearly an hour killing each other before even 12k azeriite (75%) is reached LOL, and it's fun!

What's wrong with Azerite gear and essences? It's an extra talent pane. I don't think we've had this much talent variety since hybrid BC builds.
    not only are the bfa systems badand boring, but the exiisting systems that literally make modern wow what it is. im talking titanforging, lfr, gear not mattering, itemlvl meaning everything, no pvp vendor, class balance and pruning, cross relam phasing and sharding and realm hopping, alllll thiis and much more..

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    4. If they want BfA to really feel like a war between the factions, warfronts should have been a player versus player versus environment, which would have made it a lot more interesting than its current mindless state.
    No, that would have made them even more of stillbirth than they already are. The point of the warfronts was to bring the faction bullshit to the PvE side of things. Making it PvP would have just served to make more content that the overwhelming majority isn't at all interested in by default, as it would have been just another battle ground. Did they fail with warfronts? Yes. Would they have succeeded if these were just another Alterarc Valley? Hell, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    No, that would have made them even more of stillbirth than they already are. The point of the warfronts was to bring the faction bullshit to the PvE side of things. Making it PvP would have just served to make more content that the overwhelming majority isn't at all interested in by default, as it would have been just another battle ground. Did they fail with warfronts? Yes. Would they have succeeded if these were just another Alterarc Valley? Hell, no.
    Problem with warfronts is that they are not replayable.

Yes, I enjoyed watching the story unfold in them and being able to "role-play" within the battle itself. They are a fun way of telling a story, but that's it, and it's a one-time only thing.

A PvP option for Warfront would have been great, just like for islands, that would make them replayable for me.

- - - Updated - - -

not only are the bfa systems badand boring, but the exiisting systems that literally make modern wow what it is. im talking titanforging, lfr, gear not mattering, itemlvl meaning everything, no pvp vendor, class balance and pruning, cross relam phasing and sharding and realm hopping, alllll thiis and much more..

Also I personally didn't experience pruning like tanks and dps players did, since I play healers exclusively.

On my healers, all 6 actions bars are loaded with raw abilities, trinkets, consumables(healthstones/biscuits/PvEpots/etc), PvP talents, Macros(mouseover mind control/chastise/stopcast/smite/purge/penace/etc). Having to find space for my essence ability was actually a chore since I had to memorize two new binds (old bind replaced with essence, forcing a total of two new binds and a discarded third bind).

- - - Updated - - -

You just said: "gear not mattering" ..... "item level mean everything"

Since Gear and ilevel are synonymous, which statement did you mean?

Yeah CRZ sucks, but it's been around long before legion/bfa.
    Last edited by Shalaator; 2019-08-18 at 07:09 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good morning, OP. Its been a year of shittyness BFA is. Good morning.
    BFA is objectively bad expansion. No argue here.

Is this another retail bad classic good threads

10+ Year Old Account
    Drustvar and the Cthulhu half of Stormsong Valley were such a treat.
    Very disappointed that the Drust weren’t explored more. Think there could have have been a raid involving them instead of shitty Uldir.
    The dungeons have been really fun.
    BoD was okay, but compared to Uldir everything seemed good.
    TEP is a lot of fun. The difficulty spike to Za’qul though is a terribly uneven leap. Everything till then is almost too easy. Then you hit a wall of wipes.
    Warfronts were shit. Think as a minimum they should all have been heroic.
    Island expeditions are shit.
    Azerite powers were interesting, but sadly class balance is poor so youre Forced into cookie cutter builds.
    Essences are good but really awful for gearing alts.
    TEP and Uldir transmog is ugly for just about all classes.
    Allied races are okay and kinda fun.
    Warmode is good. No more getting ganked tears on the forums.
    “The best way to win an argument is to begin by being right.” -Jill Ruckelshaus

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If we compare to Legion...

8.2 is better patch than 7.2
    8.1 was worse than 7.1 (Warfront/Isles instead of new dungeon)
    8.0 was WAY worse than 7.0

Don't want to compare it to earlier expansions, because they all went to Nostalgialand and even from WoD I mostly remember good stuff (heh, best thing was Legion reveal).

8.1 and 8.2 were all about fixing the game and I think that work is complete. Now 8.3 should just put lot of good content and BfA will be really good expansion for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Main storylines were decided well before Golden was hired. As far as I know, Afrasiabi is still in charge of story direction.
    They absolutely were not decided before she was hired. The pre-patch and 8.0 was decided but then she's had her grubby hands involved with everything else, which is why the Sylvanas is aggressively a cartoon villain and the story direction is making the Horde to be Alliance but in red.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Good morning, OP. Its been a year of shittyness BFA is. Good morning.
    BFA is objectively bad expansion. No argue here.
    Subjectively* fixed it for you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mythics are good.

Jaina fight and BoD was fun. Eternal Palace was good. Still havent full cleared heroic.

WPvP was great pre-flight; WPvP still fun if you deepcoral pod (only way to survive divebombs).

Story is fun.

Rated Bgs are fun and competitive at 2k+.

Why so much hate for this expansion. Legion and BFA have been a blast.
    You must have started playing in Legion lmao
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Raids ought to be good regardless of expansion imo, and for the most part they are. For example Cata had some great raids, yet I wouldn't call it a great expansion.

I don't agree that PvP is anything special this expansion, if anything it's shit, especially compared to Legion. Wpvp I do agree is one of the few highlights of BfA; they really did improve that.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Because:

- Island expeditions are terrible
    - Warfronts are terrible
    - The story is godawful
    - The Azerite armor system is bland and not compelling
    - Zone design was lackluster for most zones
    - Specs were gutted and play terribly
    - Gated grinds are the new normal
    - There just isn't anything exciting happening in game
    Agree with all of this but class design...I dont see a problem...My feral druid is only better in BFA, but I do miss my legendary.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

5+ Year Old Account
    Mythics are good.

Jaina fight and BoD was fun. Eternal Palace was good. Still havent full cleared heroic.

WPvP was great pre-flight; WPvP still fun if you deepcoral pod (only way to survive divebombs).

Story is fun.

I agree on this. I love to level in the zones like Drustvar, Tiragarde and Vol'Dun.
    The music is great and fits good with each zones.

Because:

- Island expeditions are terrible
    - Warfronts are terrible
    - The story is godawful
    - The Azerite armor system is bland and not compelling
    - Zone design was lackluster for most zones
    - Specs were gutted and play terribly
    - Gated grinds are the new normal
    - There just isn't anything exciting happening in game

- Island expeditions are nice, something new, a bit simple but a nice change
    - Warfronts are cool. A bit of story arc where we participate
    - The story is not bad at all. Finally Zandalar en Kul'Tiras in the picture. And some new characters like Talan'ji.
    - The Azerite armor system is not like Legion weapons, I know, but its not that bad.
    - Zone design was amazing. Seriously? Lack designing? Are you even satisfied with anything?
    - Specs were not gutted, but they could have done more with this. I must agree on something here.
    - Gated grinds are the new normal. Yes... a bit, but I do like Mechagon and Nazjatar.
    - If you cant find anything exciting happening in game, maybe its time for you to wonder if it is not your own state of mind that is unhappy with anything in this game. Move on or change your perception of things.

Well, op plays premade group content. That is where blizzard focuses on.

Everything else, in special world quests, is shit.

Intended by the devs. They want to lure people into what they like most, but forget that most people do not want to be lured and rather quit playing after a month.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason I'm not currently playing is because all classes play *awfully* imo. Like, dumpster fire tier awful gameplay. M+ was fun and uldir was acceptable. That's all I did before I unsubbed again. Do classes play better now? Maybe. I don't know, but I'll find out during the 15th anniversary.

Mythics are good.

Story is fun.

if playing with those specs, in the state they are, have been a blast for you, then we are not looking for the same thing..... the content, story and everything else doesn't mean shit if the core gameplay of your toon is fucked. it's the first thing to get right before thinking about story and boss encounters, and they failed. not even talking about the azerite system.