Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

No enemy castbars?

So I was like 12 back when I played vanilla and don’t remember anything...

Just found out there were no enemy castbars in vanilla.

Does anyone know if they will be in classic?

Where can I find this information?

Also when they say “no enemy castbars” was this just referring to pvp or pve/mobs as well?
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post

Also when they say “no enemy castbars” was this just referring to pvp or pve/mobs as well?
    No castbars at all.
    You will have to use an addon for it.Or if you want the real experience, interrupt when you see that your enemy is doing the casting animation.

I had an addon for enemy cast bars in the beta, seemed glitchy af tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at their casting animation, buffs didn't show up either, hence why mages had detect magic

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    Yeah at that point might be better to just guess rather than get incorrect info and make decisions based on it.

So not even on bosses, aren't there spells that need to interrupted?
    I understand why they wouldn't make this change but this seems like it will be quite annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Look at their casting animation, buffs didn't show up either, hence why mages had detect magic
    Woah we couldn't see enemy buffs either?!? How do you know to dispel or not?
    This is all regarding pve and pvp, correct?
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

I dont understand why there isnt a normaly working castbar addon for vanila...

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Classic Castbars works. Or at least it worked in the stress test. And it's compatible with Luna Unit Frames, aka Shadowed Unit Frames Classic.

Nope, no base castbars, not that we all didn't use an addon to display it anyway though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    Blizzard have made it like this on purpose, the addons can only see when the cast starts and doesn't know what rank is it or when the cast is canceled.

There was a blue post about it I think but I couldn't find it quickly.

Cast bars in vanilla are just estimates. Add-on sees cast and ESTIMATES cast time. They can cancel or shorten cast time and the add-ons will not know ...At least that's how it should work to be as it was

Perhaps you should see this post then: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...nilla-was-like

^ heh I'm the one that wrote that post and I even forgot that there were no enemy cast bars!

I'll have to update it, which I was gonna do anyway.

What's the phenomenon of mis-remembering called again? I remember that the silver shield for uninterruptible came way late, but I swore in at least late vanilla there were cast bars.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    ^ heh I'm the one that wrote that post and I even forgot that there were no enemy cast bars!

I'll have to update it, which I was gonna do anyway.

What's the phenomenon of mis-remembering called again? I remember that the silver shield for uninterruptible came way late, but I swore in at least late vanilla there were cast bars.
    I played in Vanilla + a ton of pservers and I forget how things worked all the time.

This truly is one of those things that should have been in classic by default, not something i say often. Cast bar and auction addon are really the only two addons that are 100% necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    This truly is one of those things that should have been in classic by default, not something i say often. Cast bar and auction addon are really the only two addons that are 100% necessary.
    Ya, one of those things that the "nochanges" crowd really created a problem for.
    Its not really optional to have HP show up on the target, or have enemy cast bars. Everyone will have to use an addon for it.

No reason they couldn't have just added a toggle for this in game in the menu or something.
    Leave it off by default if you must.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

A paladin can use Dartol's Rod of Transformation to pretend they are casting a holy light or a flash of ligh to be interrupted.

OP in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Ya, one of those things that the "nochanges" crowd really created a problem for.
    Its not really optional to have HP show up on the target, or have enemy cast bars. Everyone will have to use an addon for it.

No reason they couldn't have just added a toggle for this in game in the menu or something.
    Leave it off by default if you must.
    Ya i get the slippery slope argument but some things really should have been in at launch lol. But i suppose it was a different time and reacting to enemy animations was probably core to mmo's back then (my first mmo was wow so im just guessing).

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Because it wasn't in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Because it wasn't in vanilla.
    I think his point was more that of all the addons that should be made for classic this one is at the top of the list, btw almost everyone used a cast bar addon in vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no enemy castbars in classic. You should watch animations. Please don't use addons. It's unfair advantage and you'll be banned.