Poll: Which zone design is better?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Verdict - Mechagon or Nazjatar?

So I finally resubbed and got a chance to play through both zones. Lots of people probably spent a good deal in each by now... what's the verdict on which of these zone design models are better?

I'm glad we have both though!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Mechagon is to small for my liking and I don’t care for the cosmetic rewards so I’d put it under naz.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer Nazjatar, definitely once I got flying. Still doing dailies there to get each follower to 30 <_< only 20 days to go...

Mechagon is far too gimmicky for me, I don't really care about any of it and the zone itself has a boring colour palette.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Mechagon.

Nazjatar loses several points of enjoyment just because Murcolo's cave still dismounts you if you fly over the entrance.

My only gripe about Mechagon is how much of the dungeon is outside.

I must admit I was a bit disappointed with Mechagon. Not because the zone or gameplay was bad, but because it was hyped as this "open sandbox" when in reality there seems to be a very limited list of things to do there per day, unless you consider wandering around opening chests and killing random mobs for like 3 spare parts to be a "sandbox experience"

I find some of Nazjatar's quests very annoying, at least for someone that is mainly geared for healing and not DPSing. Everytime Vim gives me the quest to get 20 hydra scales or whatever, I can only sigh in exhasperation at the time it might take. I really enjoyed the uncross the ley lines world quests, and while I'd like for the water walls to be taller, I overall appreciate the environment once you unlock flying and it is no longer a massive pain in the ass.

Verdict?... Uhh, I guess I'll have to vote for mechagon simply because the rewards feel a bit more intrinsic, and a bit less "Forced to do this"
    Last edited by zlygork; 2019-08-18 at 04:49 PM.

Nazjatar felt like it was only designed to piss people off. Mechagon was way better + it had jetpacks.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Mechagon is to small for my liking and I don’t care for the cosmetic rewards so I’d put it under naz.
    Well yeah, cause Mechagon was meant as a like side zone while Nazjatar was the main storyline.

TBH it's kinda unfair to compare the two since they were set up for different purposes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Well yeah, cause Mechagon was meant as a like side zone while Nazjatar was the main storyline.

TBH it's kinda unfair to compare the two since they were set up for different purposes.
    True but even if you compare it to the timeless isle I think it’s quite a bit behind. There is no world boss no catch up gear for alts ect.

If it wasn’t for flying and the dungeon I’d never go there.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope mechagon insides will be mechgoblin starting place/starting questing zone if they add them as allied race, because... that zone is soo well done. I like mechagon, i kinda like naz, but mech is cooler for me
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

I resubbed a week early from classic to at least try out Some of the 8.2 content.. I got so bored on nazjatar. It was really immersion breaking to do the Magni quest like 5 minutes after landing in Nazjatar. I think it would have been better to have to do the Magni quest PRIOR to going to nazjatar.

Nazjatar, if for the ley lines game alone...

Really it's not even close Naz is a huge diverse zone that's nice to flyover, nice to look at, and has a fair amount of lore going through it.
    Mechagon is just mechagon, where you complete 2 or 3 wqs and then go and sit at rustfeather.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    So I finally resubbed and got a chance to play through both zones. Lots of people probably spent a good deal in each by now... what's the verdict on which of these zone design models are better?

I'm glad we have both though!
    For me, Mechagon was just more fun, added more Goblin/Gnome reaction to the world too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Nazjatar for me. The only thing I like on Mechagon is that sweet 800 reputation daily quest.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nazjatar is just improved Argus - after some time you can unlock flying, repeatable quests are not just world quests, but mix of wq, regular dailies and follower dailies. But big minus is minimal story, it's just intro and few quests after that, it's even shorter than Argus. Suramar with over 20+ story chapters spread among 2 patches is still the king of max level zones. Random events are nothing special on their own, but all together spice up whole zone.

Mechagon is something different, it's mostly about cosmetic and has it's own progression path. Plus it's way easier to navigate. It's also breath of fresh air after all these doom and gloom.

I'm torn about "rare" rares. From one side it's annoying, but from another it keeps people together (it's fun hanging out in camp groups for Rustfeather/spider) and don't make zones just list of rares checkpoint like Argus.

So, what zone is better - Nazjatar or Mechagon? NEITHER. It's MIX of them works and imo makes 8.2 patch with best daily content in history of WoW (with exception of X.0 patches). Of course there is still ton of room to improve - daily patch zones were never strong side of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    True but even if you compare it to the timeless isle I think it’s quite a bit behind. There is no world boss no catch up gear for alts ect.

If it wasn’t for flying and the dungeon I’d never go there.
    There is catch up gear from Mechagon technically.

You get the slots Nazj misses, you can craft up to a 420 ring/trinket from doing the daily and just getting your rep up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    There is catch up gear from Mechagon technically.

You get the slots Nazj misses, you can craft up to a 420 ring/trinket from doing the daily and just getting your rep up.
    Ah your right I had forgot about those.

I'll be honest, after about 1 day of play for each zone I'm kinda bored lol. I just don't see myself getting Revered with either faction for flying tbh.

7+ Year Old Account
    If flying wasn’t attached I’d never touch them again. More of what we’ve had since Legion with a different coat of paint.

I hate them both. I cancelled my sub after trying to slog thru them for weeks. They entirely killed my desire to play. I don't think I've really played in almost a month now.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quel'danas.