Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not only has Blood DKs been repeatedly smacked with the nerfbat over the years, but even our sounds and animations have been nerfed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyK View Post
    The sound effect for Blood DK skills. I am a bringer of death holding a gigantic 2hander Greatsword, why does my skills sound so lackluster. Heart Strike make a weird hissing noise. Marrowrend and deathstrike hardly make any impactful sound. Bone storm is barely visible with no feedback.

The sound and aesthetic of Blood DK need to change to somewhat like Arms/Fury Warriors.
    I agree on the sounds, I dissagree on changing it to arms or what ever.
    I want blood dps back.. Harbinger of death shouldnt be a damn tank imo..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I agree on the sounds, I dissagree on changing it to arms or what ever.
    I want blood dps back.. Harbinger of death shouldnt be a damn tank imo..
    I hate the look of bone shield as well. Looks really dumb, if possible i would like a glyph to hide them.

3+ Year Old Account
    The sound effect for Blood DK skills. I am a bringer of death holding a gigantic 2hander Greatsword, why does my skills sound so lackluster. Heart Strike make a weird hissing noise. Marrowrend and deathstrike hardly make any impactful sound. Bone storm is barely visible with no feedback.

The sound and aesthetic of Blood DK need to change to somewhat like Arms/Fury Warriors.
    Agreed, Blood Boil is the only satisfying spell sound.
    Would have been a good idea to revamp that with the patch that allows a million new races to be DK.

Just make the sound yourself.

Agreed. The visuals surely need an update urgently.

My hope is that with DKs being the "poster" class of Shadowlands it will be getting some love, both in the visuals as well as the sound effects.

They could go copy some of the animations from D3's Necromancer, as that one has many abilities of the DK in a much more contemporary look (Boneshield actually being an armor of bones, a Blood Nova (that could be used for Blood Boil) and others.

I loved DPS Blood back in WotLK... that's what pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Death Knights are the force of death. Not vampires. And those guys dont move fast.
    that is your brainwashed opinion man Any hardcore/long term warcraft player know undead to be the "fast" attackers that they are. DK heroes had "unholy" auras which gave a speed boost to all allies, ghouls in general were fast moving troops and had frenzy on top of it, gargoyles were fast attacking/moving air force..

WoW undeads are not your zombie movie extras.. There was nothing to suggest in warcraft universe that unholy/DK theme was about some slow creeping death until WoW devs who are clueless about the history they inherited abruptly decided it was. Just like those devs, you are importing a concept from a different fantasy universe into this one, it makes sense in your head but it doesn't match the facts/current universe.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    that is your brainwashed opinion man Any hardcore/long term warcraft player know undead to be the "fast" attackers that they are. DK heroes had "unholy" auras which gave a speed boost to all allies, ghouls in general were fast moving troops and had frenzy on top of it, gargoyles were fast attacking/moving air force..

WoW undeads are not your zombie movie extras.. There was nothing to suggest in warcraft universe that unholy/DK theme was about some slow creeping death until WoW devs who are clueless about the history they inherited abruptly decided it was. Just like those devs, you are importing a concept from a different fantasy universe into this one, it makes sense in your head but it doesn't match the facts/current universe.
    All true, but the idea of the modern DK is of an unstopable Juggernaut of Death and Destruction, much like Arthas and Leoric in D3/HoTS, or even Sauron (who is not undead I know). They are not hasty, they can take their time because they will not be stopped, ever. Their pure presence alone inspires fear and speaks of the violence they can inflict. The inevitability of their advance creates a stronger image then running would.

hahaha thats funny as hell man, good job doing the egg on the toilet

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post

You can summon an Army of ghouls that will leap at your enemies, and will attack faster if you're using things like Unholy Frenzy to increase their haste just as your Unholy Aura would. The low GCD of the Death Knight replicates that feeling of fast consistent autos the hero would do as well. Ghouls ran faster fully upgraded than the hero in the old game and currently, your ghouls will leap at enemies faster than the DK can sprint at them. I think the fantasy that has been replicated well is that Death Knights ATTACK fast, but they do not run at things at the very least as quickly as their strongest ghouls. Regardless of how fast the Death Knight hero was compared to other hero units or other units in the game, and regardless of how fast DKs are versus other classes now (like maybe Ret being slower), the fantasy of the DK being slower than their fastest ghouls while being able to make them strike faster with a buff at the very least has been maintained to some extent.