Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    I personally don't believe it's currently racist. Care to explain how MAGA is racist? Like the implications behind it, what it stands for, etc.. and not the people. It's easy to point out how the KKK is racist without looking at their members, I doubt you could do the same with MAGA.
    I'm not making that argument, you compared "maga" being hijacked like "feminism" was, which implies that both have been taken over by radicals in your comparison. So it really does read like you see maga as being taken over by radicals despite the origins being different.

    So was your "feminism" comment just a random jab at feminism, which is sorta normal around this forum so it wouldnt be surprising, or did you try to make an actual comparison with your comment.

    The name or the original message wasn't racist. The same thing happened to feminism where it got hijacked by an extremist group.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Ironic coming from the guy who thinks a slogan on a hat is racist. Weird how this was never a thing 10 years ago...
    I wasn't talking about the stupid hat, it was more of a comment on this whole maga cult.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    My opinion is they are exactly one in the same there is zero difference.
    Yes, but

    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I think we all know the answer to that question. Why even bother to make this thread...
    some people wan't to find some "deep connections and logic" where there is none. Or just plainly excuse those "fine people".

    P.S.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Well, considering Stalin was a right-wing fascist, that seems to be how it is supposed to be?
    Thats a new one. I can already imagine angry Shalcker scribling noises.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Trump must be the only president or minister in the western world that got the support of it's far right citizens since ... 1945, Hitler and Mussolini.
    You're right, Trump is the only Republican president to be called a nazi / racist!

  5. #45
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    18,659
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    I personally don't believe it's currently racist. Care to explain how MAGA is racist? Like the implications behind it, what it stands for, etc.. and not the people. It's easy to point out how the KKK is racist without looking at their members, I doubt you could do the same with MAGA.
    What's wrong with the term MAGA?

    Nothing until you think about it means.

    MAGA, to 'make America great again'. As in if there was some golden era in the past that was better than the present.

    Could be true but for who though? When I hear someone yelling I pause. I'm a minority, there's not greater time in America except the present, even if I think the man in the WH is spreading a hateful message. Was America better for me 15 years ago? Nope. 20? Don't think so. 30, 40, 50? Hell no.

    Its a very specific message that applies to a very specific group of people. A group of people who relish in the idea of being the 'superior class' of America and 'everyone knew their place'. I'm not trying to 'make America great again', because quite frankly there's a lot we can improve on. There definitely isn't room for regression.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And you still don't understand analogies.

    Scarves are not always equated with hipsters. Your above is the poor analogy.
    MAGA hats are always equated with Trump, who is racist and supports white supremacists. Ergo wearing a MAGA hat is supporting white supremacists. This is a fairly valid analogy, with obvious exceptions.

    If you're curious about analogies and how they work, this might be helpful.
    I am very aware of how analogies work, you are not aware of how logical fallacies work. The statements "Every hipster wears a scarf." is just as logically sound as "Every white supremacist wears a MAGA hat.", they both use circular logic and no facts.

    For reference, the fallacies you are using are:
    False Dichotomy, or pretending there are only 2 choices when there are far more.
    Slippery Slope, or pretending that one action leads to further, worse actions.
    Circular Logic, An example of circular reasoning is, “According to my brain, my brain is reliable.” Well, yes, of course we would think our brains are in fact reliable if our brains are the one’s telling us that our brains are reliable. In your case, you believe that racists wear MAGA hats, therefore wearing a MAGA hat means you are racist.
    Hasty Generalization, or applying one result to the field of results. One MAGA hat wearer is racist, so they must all be racist.
    Red Herring, in your example, Trumps dad got caught at a KKK rally so Trump must be racist. You are using unrelated evidence to skew the topic.
    Causal Fallacy, or that because of certain actions he took could be plausibly viewed as racist, that he is therefore racist. For example, if I were to shoot a black man who was robbing me, I am not racist. If I were to make myself a target for robbery in black neighborhoods in hopes that I could use self defense, that would be racist.
    Sunk Cost Fallacy, I assume also applies, as you seem to have spent quite a bit of time battling Trump and trying to pick out the slightest mistakes to use against him. If you were to admit your fault, you have wasted your time.
    Appeal to Authority, in any areas you don't have solid proof, you are using others opinion rather than actual proof. Opinion is never proof, regardless of who gives it. Just because 'x' person claims Trump is racist doesn't make it so.
    Equivocation or Ambiguity, by claiming racism, white supremacy, and being a Nazi all as the same thing, when what you really mean is that he is not a humanitarian. Using buzz words hurts your argument because you are appealing to emotion. Hence;
    Appeal to Pity, playing other peoples emotions is the job of psychopaths and narcissists. It is not something upstanding people do. Calling for hatred against the president because you dislike the border holding camps is not progressive, and doesn't help anyone.
    Bandwagon Fallacy, or you assume that since other vocal people also believe the same drivel you spout, that it must be true. A person is smart, a mob is stupid. If many people believing something makes it dogma, then this world is in quite a bit of trouble with all the conflicting views.

    You should almost win a prize for using almost all of the logical fallacies. This is provided that you aren't using false information on purpose in hopes to "educate" people(Appeal to Ignorance). Though doing all this attacking purely based off personal hatred using insults adds (Ad Hominem). Then building your argument on a subject that can not be disproven gives you a perfect indefensible Strawman. 14 out of 15 fallacies isn't bad sir, if you can admit to using these fallacies you can snag that "Appeal to Ignorance" and get yourself a perfect score!

    Trump is racist because he has a solid behavioral past as being racist and supports racist policies. He also supports white supremacists, who are racist. The rest of your above is just more apologetic drivel for the most reprehensible man to ever sit in that office.

    Pay attention.
    See above, rethink your argument. My "apologetic drivel" is called being a logical and reasonable human being who sees other human beings as being equally flawed. My logic makes it hard for me to relate to emotional arguments, but your emotional arguments make you condemn your fellow man without the burden of proof. I just want to add this, even though you will probably claim it is nothing but PR and he doesn't feel this way at all. This post as a whole is less for you, and more for others who see the drivel you write. You have closed off your mind to the option that you might be wrong, and in doing so are becoming the very thing you seek to destroy.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6PFZNruJes
    “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.”
    ― Lao Tzu

  7. #47
    Seen plenty of other races wear the maga hat or shirt or whatever, in portland last time so pretty recently. Mostly african americans other then white folks. African american celeberties too if i remember right like Kanye West.

    Lots of people have also been assaulted for wearing the little hat witch is fucking retarded, people who need to hurt anyone they dissagree with.

    So i dunno certainly didnt start as that but media and stuff likes to add to it all.
    Do you hear the voices too?

  8. #48
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA, Ohio
    Posts
    21,538
    I would say the same reasons basically that non white supremacist wear them. And this belongs in the politics forum.
    " America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
    - Abraham Lincoln
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that’s good.”
    – George Washington.

  9. #49
    Banned cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    23,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I guess the obvious exceptions are all the non white people you see wearing the hats?
    Because non-white people can't be racist.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlesocks View Post
    I am very aware of how analogies work, you are not aware of how logical fallacies work. The statements "Every hipster wears a scarf." is just as logically sound as "Every white supremacist wears a MAGA hat.", they both use circular logic and no facts.
    Except, I didn't say that every white supremacist wears a MAGA hat, did I? Can we add reading comprehension to your list of skills to work on now?


    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlesocks View Post
    For reference, the fallacies you are using are:
    False Dichotomy, or pretending there are only 2 choices when there are far more.
    Slippery Slope, or pretending that one action leads to further, worse actions.
    Circular Logic, An example of circular reasoning is, “According to my brain, my brain is reliable.” Well, yes, of course we would think our brains are in fact reliable if our brains are the one’s telling us that our brains are reliable. In your case, you believe that racists wear MAGA hats, therefore wearing a MAGA hat means you are racist.
    Hasty Generalization, or applying one result to the field of results. One MAGA hat wearer is racist, so they must all be racist.
    Red Herring, in your example, Trumps dad got caught at a KKK rally so Trump must be racist. You are using unrelated evidence to skew the topic.
    Causal Fallacy, or that because of certain actions he took could be plausibly viewed as racist, that he is therefore racist. For example, if I were to shoot a black man who was robbing me, I am not racist. If I were to make myself a target for robbery in black neighborhoods in hopes that I could use self defense, that would be racist.
    Sunk Cost Fallacy, I assume also applies, as you seem to have spent quite a bit of time battling Trump and trying to pick out the slightest mistakes to use against him. If you were to admit your fault, you have wasted your time.
    Appeal to Authority, in any areas you don't have solid proof, you are using others opinion rather than actual proof. Opinion is never proof, regardless of who gives it. Just because 'x' person claims Trump is racist doesn't make it so.
    Equivocation or Ambiguity, by claiming racism, white supremacy, and being a Nazi all as the same thing, when what you really mean is that he is not a humanitarian. Using buzz words hurts your argument because you are appealing to emotion. Hence;
    Appeal to Pity, playing other peoples emotions is the job of psychopaths and narcissists. It is not something upstanding people do. Calling for hatred against the president because you dislike the border holding camps is not progressive, and doesn't help anyone.
    Bandwagon Fallacy, or you assume that since other vocal people also believe the same drivel you spout, that it must be true. A person is smart, a mob is stupid. If many people believing something makes it dogma, then this world is in quite a bit of trouble with all the conflicting views.

    You should almost win a prize for using almost all of the logical fallacies. This is provided that you aren't using false information on purpose in hopes to "educate" people(Appeal to Ignorance). Though doing all this attacking purely based off personal hatred using insults adds (Ad Hominem). Then building your argument on a subject that can not be disproven gives you a perfect indefensible Strawman. 14 out of 15 fallacies isn't bad sir, if you can admit to using these fallacies you can snag that "Appeal to Ignorance" and get yourself a perfect score!
    Speaking of prizes, you misused or misapplied or misunderstood almost everyone one of those logical fallacies. Congrats?


    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlesocks View Post
    See above, rethink your argument. My "apologetic drivel" is called being a logical and reasonable human being who sees other human beings as being equally flawed. My logic makes it hard for me to relate to emotional arguments, but your emotional arguments make you condemn your fellow man without the burden of proof. I just want to add this, even though you will probably claim it is nothing but PR and he doesn't feel this way at all. This post as a whole is less for you, and more for others who see the drivel you write. You have closed off your mind to the option that you might be wrong, and in doing so are becoming the very thing you seek to destroy.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6PFZNruJes
    You are being neither logical nor reasonable. Feel free to start at any time, although if the above is the best shot you can give, I'm not going to hold my breath. Your argument is based on Trump not being racist, which is false - he is. Objectively. So anything you say afterwards is just apologetic nonsense.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Seen plenty of other races wear the maga hat or shirt or whatever, in portland last time so pretty recently. Mostly african americans other then white folks. African american celeberties too if i remember right like Kanye West.

    Lots of people have also been assaulted for wearing the little hat witch is fucking retarded, people who need to hurt anyone they dissagree with.

    So i dunno certainly didnt start as that but media and stuff likes to add to it all.
    It is interesting to see black celebrities wearing the MAGA hat. I wonder if they are doing it for other than political reasons?
    Last edited by cubby; 2019-08-19 at 11:11 PM.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It is interesting to see black celebrities wearing the MAGA hat. I wonder if they are doing it for other than political reasons?
    No idea why Kanye wears or wore the hat, remember him being invited to the white house or that he was thinking of running for president or some bullshit lol.
    Do you hear the voices too?

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Except, I didn't say that every white supremacist wears a MAGA hat, did I? Can we add reading comprehension to your list of skills to work on now?
    No, you said that everyone who wears a MAGA hat is a white supremacist, do you happen to have evidence for that by the way? I'm waiting on your completely objective and non-fictional evidence.

    Speaking of prizes, you misused or misapplied or misunderstood almost everyone one of those logical fallacies. Congrats?
    Considering I referenced them as I went and gave you a direct link to them, this is a blatant lie. Does it feel good to add the 15th fallacy of attempting to appeal to ignorance to the list? It doesn't take that much effort to learn the fallacies and read your writing for the shit-posting propaganda it is.

    You are being neither logical nor reasonable. Feel free to start at any time, although if the above is the best shot you can give, I'm not going to hold my breath. Your argument is based on Trump not being racist, which is false - he is. Objectively. So anything you say afterwards is just apologetic nonsense.
    I wonder if anyone actually takes you seriously. I don't believe in silencing even the most spurious liars, how else are we to discover who they are if they aren't allowed to say this kind of nonsense?

    It is interesting to see black celebrities wearing the MAGA hat. I wonder if they are doing it for other than political reasons?
    Maybe they like the color. Maybe there are conservative people from all walks of life. Maybe wearing a MAGA hat isn't the same as wearing a KKK hood. Maybe even if by some insane leap of logic it was the same, it makes more sense to respect the other side and learn from them rather than burn them at the stake. You could learn a lot from Daryl Davis:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORp3q1Oaezw&t=
    Last edited by Puzzlesocks; 2019-08-19 at 11:39 PM.
    “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.”
    ― Lao Tzu

  12. #52
    Banned cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    23,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlesocks View Post
    No, you said that everyone who wears a MAGA hat is a white supremacist, do you happen to have evidence for that by the way? I'm waiting on your completely objective and non-fictional evidence.


    Considering I referenced them as I went and gave you a direct link to them, this is a blatant lie. Does it feel good to add the 15th fallacy of attempting to appeal to ignorance to the list? It doesn't take that much effort to learn the fallacies and read your writing for the shit-posting propaganda it is.


    I wonder if anyone actually takes you seriously. I don't believe in silencing even the most spurious liars, how else are we to discover who they are if they aren't allowed to say this kind of nonsense?


    Maybe they like the color. Maybe there are conservative people from all walks of life. Maybe wearing a MAGA hat isn't the same as wearing a KKK hood. Maybe even if by some insane leap of logic it was the same, it makes more sense to respect the other side and learn from them rather than burn them at the stake. You could learn a lot from Daryl Davis:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORp3q1Oaezw&t=
    The problem is that your entire point is based on the idea that Trump isn't racist. He is racist. Objectively. So whatever snake oil you try and peddle after that just doesn't matter. You can throw out all the little jabs and jibes that make you feel better about the lies you try and sell, but at the end of the day, it just doesn't matter.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The problem is that your entire point is based on the idea that Trump isn't racist. He is racist. Objectively. So whatever snake oil you try and peddle after that just doesn't matter. You can throw out all the little jabs and jibes that make you feel better about the lies you try and sell, but at the end of the day, it just doesn't matter.
    Let's use the old standby. You are racist. Objectively racist. Prove to me you aren't, if you can.

    Your entire argument stems off something that can not be dis-proven because you are trying to prove a negative. I've stated the fallacies in your other arguments and how you twist words in a blatant attempt to deceive others (intentionally or not). It is up to you at this point to change your argument to use strict evidence, or you can continue touting a dystopian future where you are guilty until proven innocent. It doesn't really matter to me either way.
    “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.”
    ― Lao Tzu

  14. #54
    Brewmaster smityx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    The people that think MAGA is racist are the same people that think the OK sign is racist. Let that sink in for a moment.
    Hmm maybe it's not but they are certainly trying to take the meaning of it and changing it for their own purposes. Trolling or not.



    Also why the masks. Are they not supposed to be "Proud" boys. Are they not proud of who they are and what they are representing instead of hiding who their are like Antifa?
    Last edited by smityx; 2019-08-20 at 12:10 AM.

  15. #55
    Banned cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    23,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlesocks View Post
    Let's use the old standby. You are racist. Objectively racist. Prove to me you aren't, if you can.

    Your entire argument stems off something that can not be dis-proven because you are trying to prove a negative. I've stated the fallacies in your other arguments and how you twist words in a blatant attempt to deceive others (intentionally or not). It is up to you at this point to change your argument to use strict evidence, or you can continue touting a dystopian future where you are guilty until proven innocent. It doesn't really matter to me either way.
    I'm trying to prove a negative? Wow - I guess you're just all the way off the deep end....

    Trump is racist. How is that trying to prove a negative now?

  16. #56
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    18,659
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    No idea why Kanye wears or wore the hat, remember him being invited to the white house or that he was thinking of running for president or some bullshit lol.

    You named one actual black celebrity. While we're on him, it should be apparent by now that Kanye and Kim are lobbying Trump to get people out out of jail for the same stuff the GOP stands FOR. Suck up to Trump, got someone out of jail, rince and repeat. 17 so far.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm trying to prove a negative? Wow - I guess you're just all the way off the deep end....

    Trump is racist. How is that trying to prove a negative now?
    What you are doing, is stating something without solid evidence and refusing to listen to reason. You are attacking on the 'racist' platform because it is impossible to defend, as you can not prove a negative. Just as Trump can not prove he isn't racist, neither can you prove that you are not racist. I also suspect you know exactly that and choose to continue this charade because you can get away with it in the current political climate. It's political trolling plain and simple.

    It's a funny time when you attack other people, who also do not support Trump, merely because they point out that you are acting like a fanatic and doing a disservice not only to your party, but to the American people. It is said a fool who continues in their folly may eventually become wise, I wish you the best in that venture.
    “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.”
    ― Lao Tzu

  18. #58
    The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the #1, Azeroth!
    Posts
    24,298
    Because they like the racist message spread by the Cheeto in Chief...

    Not rocket science to figure that out, really.
    Classic WoW is 10% gameplay and 90% talking about "how much better it is than Retail WoW" in in-game chats, Youtube Videos, Twitch or ALL the forums.

  19. #59
    Banned cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    23,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlesocks View Post
    What you are doing, is stating something without solid evidence and refusing to listen to reason. You are attacking on the 'racist' platform because it is impossible to defend, as you can not prove a negative. Just as Trump can not prove he isn't racist, neither can you prove that you are not racist. I also suspect you know exactly that and choose to continue this charade because you can get away with it in the current political climate. It's political trolling plain and simple.

    It's a funny time when you attack other people, who also do not support Trump, merely because they point out that you are acting like a fanatic and doing a disservice not only to your party, but to the American people. It is said a fool who continues in their folly may eventually become wise, I wish you the best in that venture.
    I'm not entirely sure that you understand your own argument. You're not even using the "proving a negative" correctly. Someone proving they aren't a racist isn't trying to prove a negative. They are refuting an allegation. Like refuting a charge of murder. Are you saying murder's can never prove their innocence?

    In your own words, I wish you the best in your venture.

  20. #60
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    20,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Don't you people ever get tired of "everyone to the right of X" style arguments?
    Don't you ever get tired of "Everyone and everything is a fascist!" style of arguments?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    сила лунной призмы составляет

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •