Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Exclamation [Classic] - World First Race: Ragnaros & Onyxia

Method has announced starting next week from Aug the 26th to Sept 2nd that the next world first race shall begin: Ragnaros and Onyxia.
    Who are you rooting for to get world-first? This time the race is in the Alliance's favor due to the strong racials and the paladin class being the best healer and utility class in the game.

WORLD FIRST RAGNAROS: APES
    WORLD FIRST ONYXIA: APES
    Streams:

Links:
    https://www.method.gg/announcing-the...sented-by-wsoe
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2019-09-01 at 10:27 AM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry Method but 14 Years too late for World First.

World first Ragnaros and Onyxia was achieved back in 2005, Method is a bit late on that.

Nice, I was hoping for this.

Wonder how big this will turn out to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ergunk View Post
    World first Ragnaros and Onyxia was achieved back in 2005, Method is a bit late on that.
    Someone beat you to it.

Both are quite redundant remarks to make anyways though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Method has announced starting next week from Aug the 26th to Sept 2nd that the next world first race shall begin: Ragnaros and Onyxia.
    Who are you rooting for to get world-first? This time the race is in the Alliance's favor due to the strong racials and the paladin class being the best healer and utility class in the game.
    it was already done 14 years ago?... Why renew the world first race for this when it was already recorded? Method's like 14 years late to figure that out?

Quote Originally Posted by Ergunk View Post
    Already beat me to it... -_-

Can't be a world first race if it's already been done. Need to change the title of the race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait for the Classic haters to come out in full force here.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I don't think Method has a chance at WF Ragnaros.

Maybe BWL but MC will be cleared by whichever group of players have the best speed leveling.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Cant wait for the Classic haters to come out in full force here.
    It's the same game.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is silly, and I hope the community gives method the backlash they deserve. They're trying to monetize the hype while it lasts. The world firsts were achieved in 2005, saying "world first" completely undermines the dedication and achievement of people back in 2004/2005. It's insulting to say the least, and it's pretty disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    This is silly, and I hope the community gives method the backlash they deserve. They're trying to monetize the hype while it lasts. The world firsts were achieved in 2005, saying "world first" completely undermines the dedication and achievement of people back in 2004/2005. It's insulting to say the least, and it's pretty disingenuous.
    Yeah, it's about the money and I doubt they'll receive their due comeuppance, but we'll see.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

NICE!!!! This is going to bring even more classic players.
    Super awesome to see the exposure classic is getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    It's *clearly* World First CLASSIC. No one is under any illusions that this is the original world first race. And yes, this is absolutely Method capitalizing on the hype, and that does nothing but good things for the game. This kind of hype is massively good for the game, both Live and Classic. All while being bad for no one. There's zero reason for anyone to be bothered by this.

It's actually pretty cool as well, because there really wasn't a 'world first race' for the original Ragnaros and Ony. Not in the way we think of it these days, anyway. This should be fun to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

First guild to get world first will be the first guild to get 40 characters to 60...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    They should get the 'Moar Dots' guy to cast the Onyxia fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post

It's actually pretty cool as well, because there really wasn't a 'world first race' for the original Ragnaros and Ony. Not in the way we think of it these days, anyway. This should be fun to watch.
    Fun to watch what exactly? There isn't anything exciting about the fights, you're better off watching comedy central if you're in it for the entertainment value.

The biggest question is if PServer guilds like Dreamstate and APES and Progress can challenge Method. I think it's unwise to only look at the pro gaming orgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Fun to watch what exactly? There isn't anything exciting about the fights, you're better off watching comedy central if you're in it for the entertainment value.
    The casters are prepared:

https://twitter.com/watch_jdotb/stat...81555917324289

I'm just curious who on earth wants to watch them level? The only reason classic was so heavily watched on Twitch was because those players didn't have access, everyone will be playing come next week themselves.

Not really sure they can get to Ragnaros can they? Don't you need Aqual Quintessence x 7 with Hydraxian Waterlords at Revered to even spawn Majordomo Executus, I guess if they account share and farm rep non-stop for 2-3 days of MC trash it can be done.

They are giving themselves a week to power level, get attuned to Onyxia & get enough Aqual Quintessence to dowse the runes in order to even spawn Ragnaros. Let's be honest that's a huge undertaking, the bosses will fall there is no doubt about that given how simple they are and player's knowledge of class/gear/specs/bosses greatly increased.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    As lowbrow as one'd expect. Well, have fun watching.

¯\(°_o)/¯