Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    man I am so fucking hyped. can't wait for saturday. Gotta find an excuse for sundays drinking party.

  2. #62
    I feel like if they were to make a BC legacy server they would have to change some things in order to make it work better.

    By the end of BC, Sunwell PAtch, they removed attunement requirements for dungeons and raids and added the first iteration of "catch-up gear." IMO the only change they would need to make is to keep attunements and not add the catch up gear.This way new players to the server would be able to experience all of the content instead of just jumping straight into T6.

    They would also probably have to phase out the raids like with classic, they launched BC with T4 and T5 (and Hyjal but it was unreachable) and as a result there were some insane tuning issues. I'm sure anyone who has played remembers the broken nightmares that were Vashj and Kael.

    I actually think BC servers would be nice. Facilitating a more modern patch cycle through phases would make the whole expansion feel less like the massive clusterfuck it was back in '07. Like it matters, that's probably something they aren't even close to considering right, either way I'm stoked for classic!

  3. #63
    C'mon guys and girls, vanilla is not released yet people already start making TBC and Wotlk request ?

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Tente View Post
    C'mon guys and girls, vanilla is not released yet people already start making TBC and Wotlk request ?
    The dev team seems to be planning on re-releasing BC eventually. It's stated in their AMA summary

    "Most of the hard work is done bringing back 1.12 so progressing to BC would be a lot easier."

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    True, but I'd prefer if they continued development based on Classic platform rather than making museum.

    Game development can be analysed to find where it all went wrong and change it this time. I think flying was first thing that went wrong with development, catch up gear (before Sunwell patch it was fine - just few offset hard to get items) was second, achievements that required group participation (things like professions and trivial stuff that does not require other players is fine, things that are used to measure progress and require group effort are not) was third, mid-WoTLK nerfbat that trivialised all content was fourth, LFD was fifth mistake, raiding modes were sixth and final pre-Cataclysm mistakes that can be changed. This is my subjective opinion.
    They seem to be considering TBC being added, which is fine, but I'd keep your expectations low. I've seen nothing from them that they're considering making a "fixed" version of the game alongside retail. This has been a "museum" project, from the beginning, you're talking expanding the dev team for classic, taking budget and manhours from retail - that's a high bar to reach. This has always been "experience the game as it was", not developing two different games.

    I don't want to start name calling, but this smacks of just being greedy. You're getting classic. Be happy with that, for now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    If Classic is #NoChanges, then so should TBC and WOTLK servers be. Bastardising both those expansions to appease the Muhnilla crowd? No thanks.

    Classic for the Classic fans, TBC and WOTLK for the fans of each. Makes perfect sense.
    It's more or less a confirmation that no, there won't be new, original content developed for Classic though. As it should be.
    The whole thing is slowly shifting from "OMG can't wait to play classic" to "WE WANT OUR REBOOT". That was never discussed, promised, or even hinted at. But we all know they'll be posting about it.

  6. #66

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by reacher View Post
    The dev team seems to be planning on re-releasing BC eventually. It's stated in their AMA summary

    "Most of the hard work is done bringing back 1.12 so progressing to BC would be a lot easier."

    Man if they do that it will seriously suck and anger alot of people.
    I hope people do realize that once they progress Classic to TBC there wont be any Vanilla/Classic anymore.. unless they open up SEPARATE servers just for BC... and even if they do, alot of people will move away from classic to TBC and thus the classic server will have even less people playing.

    And in the end, where will this end? we will be back re-playing all the other stupid expansions until we catch up to retail? Come on folks.

  7. #67
    The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the #1, Azeroth!
    Posts
    24,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post

    The whole thing is slowly shifting from "OMG can't wait to play classic" to "WE WANT OUR REBOOT". That was never discussed, promised, or even hinted at. But we all know they'll be posting about it.
    Yeah, it's pretty weird how the "pinnacle of this game's design" in their minds still doesn't seem to be enough. A museum is exactly what Classic should be. And if they add TBC and WOTLK servers, those too should be Museums. Experience them as they were, not bastardized to appease a crowd that was never going to stay pleased anyway.
    Classic WoW is 10% gameplay and 90% talking about "how much better it is than Retail WoW" in in-game chats, Youtube Videos, Twitch or ALL the forums.

  8. #68
    Field Marshal WintertodtChat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Kingdom of Great Kourend
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Go back to talking about Retail please. Why have you even entered this thread other than to stir people up?


    On topic: The difference in communication and general thoroughness is already like Night and Day. Hey Ion - take some notes champ.
    God is she still here banging on about nonsense still?

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Tente View Post
    C'mon guys and girls, vanilla is not released yet people already start making TBC and Wotlk request ?
    Thats how this community works. The second people know what they are gonna get, the outcry for something else begins. Even before content comes out. New xpac? WHEN IS NEXT PATCH?
    New patch? WHEN IS NEXT PATCH?

    Reboot of classic? WHEN IS BC??

  10. #70
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    30
    I want to play classic for a few months and enjoy it with my family and friends. I want BC and WOTLK even more.

    I realize the problem will be splitting WoW into three or four different WoWs. Some people want to play Classic forever. Some want to re-experience the releases, at least up to WOTLK.

    I want to end on WOTLK and happily have done it twice and stop there.

    Even Asmongold thinks almost everyone will play 1-3 months and then mostly wait for BC. Fine by me.

  11. #71
    Hunters were the hardest thing from Classic to recreate.

    Hunters were complicated? wut

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    I feel like if they were to make a BC legacy server they would have to change some things in order to make it work better.

    By the end of BC, Sunwell PAtch, they removed attunement requirements for dungeons and raids and added the first iteration of "catch-up gear." IMO the only change they would need to make is to keep attunements and not add the catch up gear.This way new players to the server would be able to experience all of the content instead of just jumping straight into T6.
    The only change they would need would be to lock all tuning and attunement and badge gear to 2.1 patch.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    Hunters were the hardest thing from Classic to recreate.

    Hunters were complicated? wut
    Can't you understand the difference between "playing" and "coding" ?

  13. #73
    Scarab Lord scarecrowz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,214
    Quote Originally Posted by WintertodtChat View Post
    God is she still here banging on about nonsense still?
    Yeah. Massive hypocrite too. Cries when people "derail" the 8.3 speculation thread. But here she is attempting to derail a Classic thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    PS - you might want to update your sig, since the player you are quoting was long ago banned for being a troll and trouble maker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    PS - you might want to spend more time researching why he's actually banned. Most of the time it's because his opinion doesn't line up with the opinions of threads he posts in and because the mods of this forum are most of the time a joke and just instantly ban people instead of actually looking at the reason.

  14. #74
    oh yes, BC plz!

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    They seem to be considering TBC being added, which is fine, but I'd keep your expectations low. I've seen nothing from them that they're considering making a "fixed" version of the game alongside retail. This has been a "museum" project, from the beginning, you're talking expanding the dev team for classic, taking budget and manhours from retail - that's a high bar to reach. This has always been "experience the game as it was", not developing two different games.

    I don't want to start name calling, but this smacks of just being greedy. You're getting classic. Be happy with that, for now.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The whole thing is slowly shifting from "OMG can't wait to play classic" to "WE WANT OUR REBOOT". That was never discussed, promised, or even hinted at. But we all know they'll be posting about it.
    I never wanted Classic. i wanted TBC/Wrath. I have no idea wtf you are talking about with "not discussed, promised, or even hinted at". They have on multiple occasions discussed/hinted at doing other expansions if classic is successful.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-08-22 at 11:36 PM.

  16. #76
    Over 9000! Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    9,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    If we're doing alternate development then Id like to see them do the original plan for DK. Where you have to turn a character you already have into one.
    That’d be awesome, I’d take it.

    Maybe an emerald dream raid too.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    So. BC, but not BC?
    Just an alternate development of BC, like a “Warcraft: What if?”.

    Like instead of Draenei and blood elves we got different races instead and the lore of WoW gets rewritten, or no new races at all and a new class instead.

  17. #77
    So people didn't really want classic then, they want a wow reboot with tbc and wrath. And then what ? eventualy you are playing wod classic and bfa classic.

  18. #78

    Classic

    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    So people didn't really want classic then, they want a wow reboot with tbc and wrath. And then what ? eventualy you are playing wod classic and bfa classic.
    I think what people really wanted was the mechanics restored to wow classic. Take those mechanics and just don't change them or expand them in their current classic form if anything with new maps and quests. That would be a reboot in sense though, balancing and created stuff that never existed is quite a bit different than recreating an archaic game just cause "nostalgia" I'm not sure how Wow Classic survives long term though. It was boring and grindy in the first place, and with no new content past vanilla? Not really sure what the point of this project is....just my take on it, played since release day, and I honestly don't miss the "experience", I miss the mechanics they ditched on my characters. I think they are missing the point on this endeavor.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •