Poll: Your favorite zone on the continents of Eastern Kingdoms?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Eastern Kingdoms: your favorite zone?

Title says it all.

Which is your favorite zone on the continents of Eastern Kingdoms - and why?

Edit: typo in Elwynn Forest and I forgot to add Badlands. There's a restriction to 20 poll options though.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-08-21 at 09:37 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

EPL/WPL, one is a max level zone and got extra special attention. All the big quests are in EPL.

The scarlet crusade was also always interesting.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

It’s got to be Duskwood. It had the best atmosphere, the best locations, the best stories(especially for that early in leveling), great characters( Jitters, Sven, Stalvan, Mor’ladim, Stitches), and some great elite quests.

Toss-up between STV & Blackrock mountain (searing gorge).

Westfall. Reminding me of ol' good days when I wanted to get that Defias Red Mask.

Duskwood , even the cata revamp of the zone is good. Also western/eastern plaguelands are really nice (the vanilla version).

3+ Year Old Account
    Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes together, IMO they feel like one giant zone, split by a crazy dungeon area. I like the look of these places, the mobs and the quests, also their lore. I farmed the drakes a lot on my hunter, fun time.

As an avid Alliance player, I never spent a lot of time in Tirisfal or Silverpine to give them a proper evaluation, although I did enjoy the brief times when I tried leveling a Forsaken. (Didn't make it far, so....)

Anyway, I have to give a solid thumbs up to EPL, Redridge, Duskwood, and STV (although I'll never level through that zone on a PVP server again). However, the best zone in the entire game, IMO, is Westfall. The all-encompassing Defias quest lines are magnificent, culminating in one of the best dungeons in the game. The zone is beautiful, the mobs range from mostly easy (low level) to surprisingly difficult to solo (see Defias Pillagers), there are a multitude of different quests that always keep you doing something new, and you get to do all of this during arguably the most difficult stretch of leveling (when things start to get challenging, but you don't yet have very many tools in your chest for dealing with those challenges). I can't wait to take all of my Alliance characters (of any race) through the original Westfall.

Silverpine. Loved the old area with the elite werewolves and creepy environment. Can't wait to level through there again on my spriest.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing beats good ol' Stranglethorn Vale!

I love Big, lush jungle zones.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    EPL/WPL. Lots of fond memories and Argent Dawn are one of my all-time favorite factions.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Probably Dun Morogh, just because my first character ever was a dwarf.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Silverpine Forest. The Sons of Arugal await the unwary traveler...
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post
    It’s got to be Duskwood. It had the best atmosphere, the best locations, the best stories(especially for that early in leveling), great characters( Jitters, Sven, Stalvan, Mor’ladim, Stitches), and some great elite quests.
    Mor'Ladim's 2H Sword Pre-Cata...I wonder if I was one of the few people who kept it from back then until Transmog was later added to the game. I was very fond of the sword and kept it on my Main, which was a Paladin. Post-Cata, you get a 1H version of Mor'Ladin's Sword from the quest chain instead. I don't get why it was changed either.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

It's Duskwood for me as well. It was definitely the zone that made me say "Wow, I like this game now". The first quest story I was interested in reading because it was actually good was "The Legend of Stalvan". Getting killed by Stitches and Mor'Ladim was a memorable (although frustrating) experience. I went back at 30 just to kill him on my Holy Paladin.

STV is a close second place, I really enjoyed how colorful and expansive it was. I remember randomly running into quests a lot. Good times. I still will NEVER do any quest in Booty Bay. Even when I first played it back in 2006, I saw that you could kill the Bruisers (that didn't hate you) to side with the Bloodsails (that did hate you). I thought that was an amazing feature and I wish there were more factions like that. There never was, ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember West fall being gorgeous. Before they fucked it up in Cata.
    But I loved Dun Morogh. It's just so dwarfish. Khaz Modan is a close second.
    Overall favorite is Mulgore but it's on the wrong continent.

That's hard, but in the end, it's the plaguelands.

I know how i first got north as a level 30-character, wanting to see what happen, then riding north to Andorhal, when an undead with a skull chased and killed me. I like the zone since it shows the human kingdom totally ruined. It's an interresting, sad and disturbing feeling. Both of them are so similar, and so different too. While in the eastern plaguelands, you can only see the farms that are infested by the undead, the plague cauldrons and in general only a ruined landscape, you can only see the full extend of the plague when you go to the eastern plaguelands.

I like the contrast of both too; having them in the same poll is actually quite misleading: i personally prefer the western plaguelands far more than the eastern one. West there is the feeling of the kingdom, the farms outside of andorhal, how people lives there (heavily downscaled like always in wow) and in general a rural feeling. While the eastern feels more like a wood where the trees are infested by the plague, giant plague mushrooms infesting the zone. The similarity of both are only in the name, but the zones are different. One is a zone like westfall, a pretty rural zone, while the others is more of a forest like duskwood, just that everything there is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post
    I have so mixed feelings about dustwook, it had some of the most iconic charcters. but the whole zone sucked since you ALL the time had to run from the city to the big graveyard, and back and forth and back and forth and back........

Western Plaguelands, by far. It was an absolutely amazing experience and doubly so as a Paladin.

Tie between Duskwood and WPL, though I'm really looking forward to visiting old Loch Modan before Douchewing douched the Wetlands with his douchie-ness.