Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Retail Server Merges?

I just did a /who all on my server cluster and there's 13 people...

Like are they going to merge the dead servers or what? It's fucking annoying to think they'd rather just make people buy transfers.

Edit: I'm dumb, wasn't 13.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2019-08-22 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

Like are they going to merge the dead servers or what? It's fucking annoying to think they'd rather just make people buy transfers.
    They tried people cried.

15+ Year Old Account

13 people 1-120 on both sides or did you just do a /who and only 13 people came up?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    They tried people cried.
    There was a small amount of warranted backlash because blizzard gave no shits when it came to faction balance with merging. After my realm merged it went from 50/50 pop to 80/20.

I'm a little surprised we haven't heard any more about connected realms since WoD.

They left it off with, "if we need to connect more, we will", and then we never heard about it again. Even though, some realms clearly could use some more connecting.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    13 people 1-120 on both sides or did you just do a /who and only 13 people came up?
    Legit /who all - entire Horde side

Just did this on Area52 and it only shows 50 people. There are 15 people currently on in my guild, and none of them show up on that list. I don't think it's displaying everyone.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

That doesn't work the way you think it does. I just did the same command and got 26 people. Meanwhile I have more than that standing around me.

Edit: The /who command caps at 50 people no matter what, so you can't use that to judge current online population in any way.
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2019-08-22 at 04:05 AM.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

On what realm?

All they ever do is "fake merge" servers and all it does is make people cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    That doesn't work the way you think it does. I just did the same command and got 26 people. Meanwhile I have more than that standing around me.

Edit: The /who command caps at 50 people no matter what, so you can't use that to judge current online population in any way.
    Yes you can. If you get 13 people when the cap is 50, there are only 13 people online.
    You either didn't do the right command or the people around you are not actually on your realm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Just did this on Area52 and it only shows 50 people. There are 15 people currently on in my guild, and none of them show up on that list. I don't think it's displaying everyone.
    The max amount /who will show is 50 people.

7+ Year Old Account

yeah no that sounds like BS.
    show me this screenshot of you /whoing on your server and seeing 13 people.

what time was this one? what faction? what server?
    yes if you go to a server with like 1000 horde and 100 alliance, then at 5 am in the middle of the night /who you MIGHT find stuff.

also why do you need a populated server with CRZ and sharding and cross realm raiding? if they wanted to make people buy transfers they wouldnt have sharding/crz/crr

- - - Updated - - -

show it
    what side
    what server
    what time is it
    evidance, proof, group study.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    not 100% sure these numbers are accurate, but you can look your realm up here and get a good idea:

Realmpop US

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I'm a little surprised we haven't heard any more about connected realms since WoD.

They left it off with, "if we need to connect more, we will", and then we never heard about it again. Even though, some realms clearly could use some more connecting.
    I doubt they care anymore with CRZ and LFG existing. The community is dead but, those features mask the problem.

As for if they'll ever actually merge the servers; no, they won't, and frankly they can't as it stands now. Too many people are attached to the names they've spent upwards of 15 years playing on. Can you imagine the shit show if they went "Okay, we're merging these 10 servers. First one to log in with the respective name keeps it and the other 9 have to rename their characters before they can log in with that character." Can you imagine being one of those 15 year veterans of a name and suddenly Johnny Subbed Yesterday grabs up your name?

The only way a merger like that would work is if we were given last names, or a "family" name for our account that is a unique name to identify us as, not XxThrallxX #1,234

I doubt there were that few people considering I play on one of the most dead servers (Silvermoon) and I show 50, which is the max that will show. If you do /who all, you’re only going to see people with a name that contains “all” or in zones that contain “all.” This isn’t like Everquest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    I doubt there were that few people considering I play on one of the most dead servers (Silvermoon) and I show 50, which is the max that will show. If you do /who all, you’re only going to see people with a name that contains “all” or in zones that contain “all.” This isn’t like Everquest.
    Yeah I totally fucked up lol. I was playing EQ for the last 4 months and that's what it was. It's showing 50 now.

There's way too many realms, but people have a fuckin bitch and cry if they need to name change. I don't even know what half the realms are there for

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    There's way too many realms, but people have a fuckin bitch and cry if they need to name change. I don't even know what half the realms are there for
    Fuck em, merge them anyway! At most a few special snowflakes will quit because they couldn't keep their lame copy-pasta name.

My character names are unique and are only on the two realms I play on. I take pride in that but would rather lose those for more populated servers.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    The max amount /who will show is 50 people.
    Oh yeah. I think I read that once before. lol I never use /who.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    Fuck em, merge them anyway! At most a few special snowflakes will quit because they couldn't keep their lame copy-pasta name.

My character names are unique and are only on the two realms I play on. I take pride in that but would rather lose those for more populated servers.
    I don’t think xxxpussymasherxxx counts as unique no matter how many x’s you put in it.

/s