Question Back from the Dead - Just Hit 120 - Now What?

Greetings all -- I've been playing on and off since Vanilla Beta clear back in the day. I got BfA at launch but didn't like it at all after the first week so I dropped at leveling my Horde Fire Mage at level 111. Just came back to the game and dinged 120 last night through a bit of questing and mostly Battlegrounds.

Now that I am back and dinged 120, I have been bombarded with new dungeons, quests, etc. I am not quite really sure, at this point and patch 8.2 where I should really invest my time. I mainly like running dungeons and raids but I don't have a group or guild, I play solo. I bought some cheap gear on the AH and got my ilvl to 310 for less than 20k gold so now, I am looking for advice on the most efficient, current way to increase my ilvl to get start on Heroics and LFR.

Thanks in advance!

Unlock your world quests (by getting to friendly I think it was with all 3 sub factions, depending if you are Alliance or Horde), then pick up the quest to go to Nazjatar.

7+ Year Old Account
    Unlock World Quests
    Get to Nazjatar
    Complete Magni's quests to raise your Heart of Azeroth's level

Optional: Complete the War Campaign and raise reputation to unlock allied races
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Thanks for the quick replies!

Does Nazjatar have the best gear rewards regarding ilvl?

7+ Year Old Account
    Unlock WQs, then unlock Nazjatar.

Emissaries and WQs will grant you gear, they scale with your ilvl so you will keep getting better gear with time.

With Naz tho, the zone throws benthic gear in your face (ilvl 385) which you can upgrade to ilvl 425 with some mana pearl grinding.
    You'll get fine gear in no time.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-08-20 at 01:59 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfarce View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies!

Does Nazjatar have the best gear rewards regarding ilvl?
    Yes. Nazjatar has Pearls that are earned/found and they can be used to buy Benethic gear (similiar to timeless isle gear). They are specific slots but random stats (and can lottery roll sockets). They are good for getting you started in gear, and then down the road you can buy more until you roll sockets + ideal stats (but don't burn yourself out on this).
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalfarce View Post
    Greetings all -- I've been playing on and off since Vanilla Beta clear back in the day. I got BfA at launch but didn't like it at all after the first week so I dropped at leveling my Horde Fire Mage at level 111. Just came back to the game and dinged 120 last night through a bit of questing and mostly Battlegrounds.

Now that I am back and dinged 120, I have been bombarded with new dungeons, quests, etc. I am not quite really sure, at this point and patch 8.2 where I should really invest my time. I mainly like running dungeons and raids but I don't have a group or guild, I play solo. I bought some cheap gear on the AH and got my ilvl to 310 for less than 20k gold so now, I am looking for advice on the most efficient, current way to increase my ilvl to get start on Heroics and LFR.

Thanks in advance!
    Recently returned a few weeks ago myself after not playing since WOTLK.

Finish the War Campaign, it's gated behind some reputations, do all the quests, again they offer rep and you need it for the campaign and path finder.

Explore all the zones, needed for path finder part 1

Do the world quests and emissarys - again rep for different factions and you get gear from it.

After doing X amount of quests you get 1 to boost your HOA to level 35 and then you get another quest to go Nazjatar, at this point i dropped whatever i was doing and went there for the gear, you do aload of Q's there and get enough pearls to get 385 gear in nearly all your armor slots. The boost in stats then makes everything else easy.

I haven't done a single mythic + yet but ive upgraded some bethnic gear, done all the LFR raids just to see them and get some loot and i've done all the dungeons on heroic which was obviously easy and farmed enough WQ's to get my neck up to 57. I'm item level 407.

I'm Exalted with Honourbound (for the mag'har) and exalted with the Zandalari (for the trolls)

I've also leveled a mag'har character from 20 to 57.

I've done all that in 3 weeks, i work full time and haven't been on the game at all for 2 weekends and i've missed a few nights through the weeks.

It's pretty easy to get caught up. Flying is the only thing that takes time.

Thanks for all the help -- These BfA rep grinds are.. painful at best. Just to unlock WQ, I am still in Voldun, slogging through quests to get friendly. Yuck. I enjoy dungeons and raids in BfA but the questing and zones, in general, I think are very poorly designed.