WoW is dying because its a 15 year old game.

I guarantee that even if WoW got back upto its peak quality, with true fun and engaging content, it would still not be able to sustain more than 8M subs for longer than a month or two. It would shortly fall back down to sub-5M. It's because its a 15 year old game.
    How many players will Fortnite have in say, 15 years?

Whereas if WoW 2 was made, all brand new, it would probably sustain so much hype (which is the #1 factor for any games growth nowadays, with social media publicity and any publicity in general) to gain upto 15M subs within first year.

Quote Originally Posted by heyoyayo View Post
    I guarantee that even if WoW got back upto its peak quality, with true fun and engaging content, it would still not be able to sustain more than 8M subs for longer than a month or two. It would shortly fall back down to sub-5M. It's because its a 15 year old game.

Whereas if WoW 2 was made, all brand new, it would probably sustain so much hype (which is the #1 factor for any games growth nowadays, with social media publicity and any publicity in general) to gain upto 15M subs within first year.
    Note sure exactly what they would do in a "WoW 2" storywise other than do some insane time jump or prequel. The way gameplay and quest are handled wouldn't be any different than now, if they had a better way of handling that stuff they would. The game has come so far we are realistically in like WoW 3 at this point.

And yet more people came back for WoD than they did for MoP because they were excited to see a TBC 2.0

Posting in an epic thread

A new engine could allow them systems they cannot implement now.

As like dynamically generated content, housing, real multi level areas with embracing flying..

Blizzard always used engine limitations in the past to deny such features.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Market for MMO is not that big now. It's more about fast-paced short sessions with online gaming mostly.
    S.H.

I am pretty sure they did the math, and it's just not worth it to make a new engine or a new game.
    We can talk all day and all night about the reasons, but in the end, it always comes down to money.

Btw I think the biggest problem is the subscription system, not the game itself.
    I get it, it's a good way to milk the current players, but in 2019 it's just impossible to get new players with a monthly fee.
    That's just my opinion of course.

I honestly hope they never make a Wow 2. The MMO format has completely eroded Warcraft for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is dying?!
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

What a new and exciting hot take.

I'm sure it was just a coincidence that it lasted for so long and only started its heavily decline when the game went to shit. I guess it conveniently got officially too old for people right after they realized WoD sucked.

Someone post that gravestone from The Daily Blink. It's the go-to response to these threads.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Imagine being this amazingly retarded, holy shit

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    WoW is dying?!
    Yup, almost 16 years now. Do you really think that casual pseudo-game with QUESTS (pff) will even compete with mighty Everquest?

- WoW has been dying since Vanilla
    - MMO's aren't popular anymore. Battle Royale is the new FOTM. Before that Zombie Survival. Before that MOBA's.
    - Player base is aging out. Most western players cannot spend as much time with mmo's anymore due to Cost of Living requiring 60 work weeks to sustain themselves.
    - WoW 2.0 won't solve anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    - WoW has been dying since Vanilla
    - MMO's aren't popular anymore. Battle Royale is the new FOTM. Before that Zombie Survival. Before that MOBA's.
    - Player base is aging out. Most western players cannot spend as much time with mmo's anymore due to Cost of Living requiring 60 work weeks to sustain themselves.
    - WoW 2.0 won't solve anything.
    IQ detected, mmo-champion is evolving.

10+ Year Old Account
    "WoW is dying" threads are not allowed on this site.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."