Upcoming Card Balance Changes – August 26, 2019

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/23097373

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Now that Saviors of Uldum is live, new cards have been introduced and powerful decks have started to surface. To make for a better ladder experience for Hearthstone players in this new expansion, we’ve decided to make the following card adjustments in an update next week:

Card Changes
    Mage

While [[Conjurer’s Calling]] is a powerful tool that’s found in a number of Mage decks, when used in decks focused around cards like Mountain Giant and Sea Giant, it was creating extremely powerful board states at a point in the game where opponents didn’t have effective answers.

Increasing the mana cost of this card will make using both copies of the Twinspell card in a single turn significantly more difficult, postponing these potentially overwhelming turns until later in the game when the Mage’s opponent has more available resources to react to the board.

Buffing cards with the Rise of the Mech event was a big change in philosophy for us. While we are happy with the overall outcome of the changes, [[Luna’s Pocket Galaxy]] has proven to be an exception.

An early Luna's Pocket Galaxy can often leave opponents feeling helpless if late-game minions were drawn in subsequent turns. This has occurred more often than we had intended, therefore we're reverting its mana cost back to its original value of 7, as was the case before the Rise of the Mech event.

Warrior

We’d still like Dr. Boom, Mad Genius to be a great option for control Warrior decks looking to close out games, but right now the card gets played a bit too early. Increasing the mana cost to 9 should make it more difficult to find a good turn to play Dr. Boom, giving opponents time to make powerful plays as well.

Priest

During the Rise of the Mech event, Priest was one of the weaker classes in the game. Buffing Extra Arms gave Priest a powerful spell for the early game to enable some of their board-focused strategies.

With the release of Saviors of Uldum, Priest has access to many more powerful early game minions and has seen a large jump in both popularity and winrate. Between all of Priests buff spells and heal effects, it can be hard to fight for the board against them early in the game. Increasing the mana cost of Extra Arms back to 3 should give room for other decks to challenge them early on, while leaving the powerful Priest minions and combos untouched.

Neutral

Barnes has been a hot topic in Wild format discussions for quite some time now, especially regarding how oppressive this card can feel when facing certain Priest decks.

While we’re okay with Wild having a higher power level in general, Barnes stood out as too consistently powerful early in the game. Increasing his mana cost by 1 will let opponents have an easier time reacting, but still lets Barnes retain its identity as a way to summon specific minions early in the game.

The only one I'm kinda bummed about is Extra Arms. I'd much rather they nerf or totally scrap the DS/IF combo already, I can't freaking stand it. Bring back mind blast and throw out those two and I'd be overjoyed.

Otherwise, all pretty good news. Kinda funny though that the Dr. Boom nerf ruined the ongoing theme of every Boom card being all 7s. 7 cost 7 armor for the hero, 7/7 for 7 for the two minions.

Honestly they are all pretty reasonable, I would actually have nerfed boom to 10 mana but at least this way if you are still holding the coin by turn 10 you can coin it out and hero power.

Interesting that a few of these nerfs were actually buffed cards that now get reverted back. I never really thought that Extra Arms was that insane. Good to see Dr Boom, Conjurer's Calling and Barnes nerfed which obviously need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    These are definitely nerfs that were needed, especially conjurers and boom they were just so repressive.

I guess this kind of proves Blizzards point about nerfing old cards since the cards that got buffed have been nerfed again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Luna's Pocket Galaxy should be 6.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Lets see how the nerfs workt out. I havent really palyed standard since months just because of the boring warrior games.

Sadly, wild with the big priests wasnt that much better either. The games were boring, but at least not so depressing long.

Sad to see conjurers nerfed. I would much rather summoned things be the same as the reduced cost rather than original cost.
    Struggled to find something i wanted to play since Yogg rotated out. With the puzzle box i decided to try again.
    I played a conjurors deck for fun but i wasnt one of the people running the stupid stuff. It played astromancers and unexpected results/spell power.

i find the rng stuff fun and would rather stay rank 18-20 enjoying games than tryhard by putting in things like Lunas and Giants
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2019-08-24 at 10:16 PM.

These 1 mana changes just sound like PR. But I'm happy I get my dust back for LPG.