View Poll Results: Would you prefer new customisation for existing races, or completely new races

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • New customisation for existing races

101 81.45%
  • Completely new races

23 18.55%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    That pertains to two races in the game.

Kul Tiran and Zandalari. They're the only ones who you could say get a full questing experience.

The others require you to mindlessly grind shit WQs and other garbage content that quite often has nothing to fucking to with the race. Then you do a measly little 20-30 minute scenario.
    Bah you're completely right. OTHER allied races like the Nightborne just require you to go back and do OLD and STUPID Legion content that has nothing to do with their race. So lame!

Only further hammering in my point of: I love this. Getting me invested in the customization first before giving it out makes me get a lot more out of playing with it. Night elf eye customization after the darkshore questline = rad. Blood elf eye customization = meh. It would have been better if it had a short questline like the heritage armor that required visiting the sunwell. I can already see it, "Ritual of the Eternal Sun", maybe even communing with the Naaru remnant pulsing inside the sunwell and beseeching its blessing to purge the fel from your eyes. So much cooler already just in concept than just visiting a barber shop and having them give you contact lenses.

The warlock green fire questline was popular for much the same reason.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-08-26 at 10:41 PM.

Troll. Beards
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Give. Me. Beards. More. Glorious. Beards.

We definitely need more customization all around. Tattoos, scars, more accessories, more skin colors, face options, hairstyles, facial hairstyles, the list goes on. I was working on a list for this and I need to get back to it.
    You can find me on the following realms: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moon Guard (Alliance), Bloodsail Buccaneers (Classic). I also support the inclusion of more customization, allied races/subraces, and transmog options.

I don't get why Blizzard put so little effort into updating the old model options.

The new NightElve skins were pretty cool, but is it really THAT much work adding a couple of new hairstyles and textures every year or so to give more variety?

I remember reading when they released the updated models that the intention was for them to be exact replicas of the original options, no matter how naff some were, then more customisation would be added later. I guess they never got around to that.

Some of the options for the new Allied races really show how weak the original race options are. Most have maybe 1-2 ok faces and hairstyles and a lot of others that just look like filler.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Both, but preferably new races.

The only time I look closely at my toon, is on the character screen. Other than that I see him / her mostly from behind. Unless they add options to make us tall / short, slim, fat - a new haircut or eye colour isn't that noticable.

No more new races imo. Along with the allied races we have a ton already

If it's robust enough, I will take more customization over a new race. But it has to be massive.

Like, seriously massive.

And also, this will mean that future races have more customization too, so it's a win-win.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

I just want some of that really cool stuff, you know? Some more expansive options like they give us in Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age. Just for that edge of difference in your character. I mean, new races are cool but what’s the point if you know there’s someone out there that will exactly the same as you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Troll. Beards
    That would be mildly horrifying... coz they are massively tall, with massive tusks... with a beard... oh god.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Arugal - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Mythabay View Post

That would be mildly horrifying... coz they are massively tall, with massive tusks... with a beard... oh god.
    Vol'jin had a beard
    Sul the sandcrawler as well
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I’d like to see the variety of faces that the original races had before the model revamp restored to them. There’s no excuse for Same Face Syndrome. Corners were cut, and no effort has been made since to go back and fix it.

I’m also like to see orcs have their tusks attached to the jaw instead of to the lower lip. Every time an orc emotes, their teeth rattle around like their jaws are broken in multiple places and it’s ghastly. I haven’t been able to play one since the model revamp. Once you see it you can’t unsee it.