Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    As much as I would like to see it happen, I'm almost shying away from the idea beacuse of the tantamount of whine it will cause. It would be a massive shitstorm of "but it's a MMO!!!". Have you guys even been to the classic LFG addon thread? /shudder...
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I do not hate the Idea.

SWTOR has a system very much like this (or had, not sure how it is now). For solo content you would always be accompanied by a companion that can fill any role you want them to fill, like if you want to be in Tank spec you can run them as dps or healer. This alone allowed for some serious soloing of group stuff.

Later they added solo mode Flashpoints (basically dungeons, with all existing dungeons being soloable now), where in addition to your companion a Droid would accompany you that would well... dps/tank/heal at the same time. It was pretty much unkillable and would make you unkillable too. It was however so overtuned that it made things rather boring to run with. It`s idea ofc was to give people who wanted to play for story only the option to do that and take their time in dungeons without some pug shouting at them to hurry up.

Even later the new story with Knight of the Eternal Throne and so on happened and they added the option to adjust the difficulty for the solo-content (without giving the God Droid), so you would get a decent challenge out of that.

So your idea isn`t exactly new, but I wouldn`t hate having the option at least. More options are always good. Could be fun.
    I don't know of any game that has implemented this idea, SWTOR certainly hasn't. If you're only talking about the idea of solo instances, that isn't new, no.

Did you read it all?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    As much as I would like to see it happen, I'm almost shying away from the idea beacuse of the tantamount of whine it will cause. It would be a massive shitstorm of "but it's a MMO!!!". Have you guys even been to the classic LFG addon thread? /shudder...
    Do people complain about pet battles a lot?

If so, it doesn't matter how much people complain about pet battles, since they don't have an effect on your progress in current content. There is no competitive advantage to be had by playing pet battles, it's just fun.

Some people don't want others to have fun I guess. Only their way of having fun is right, and if anyone dares enjoy something that they don't like, it's tantamount to heresy.

I don't value the opinions of those kinds of people.

I think they should consider adding Rogue-like Singleplayer content to the game. Have friends joining be optional, but basically have dungeon runs where you descend multiple levels, facing randomized bosses, and each level you beat gives you some kind of random buff you can choose from.

Hearthstone does this and the solo adventures are some of my favourite content. I'd love to see it applied to WoW in some way, just a fun gameplay that challenges you like the Brawlers Guild, but in an adventure setting.

As for rewards, maybe these dungeons have unique consumables that can be used in the world (but not applicable in Raids or PVP) like a buff that lets you shoot lightning bolts or an enchantment that raises skeletons when you kill a mob, or find a temporary pet that helps you obtain more quest items off mobs. Just fun, broken abilities for the open world once content that ideally would help you finish your dailies faster.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-08-28 at 05:57 PM.

Good idea.

Legacy content is a waste. Theres so many good dungeons and raids out there.

As someone else suggested: make those old dungeons/raids (even if its timewalking) drop mats to craft insane legendary gear.
    Plus:
    1- You make old stuff relevant and usefull.
    2- If you do that as a weekly timewalking stuff (even if its solo content, make it in a rotation) each dropping 1 mat, it would take 7 weeks playing to get your crafted legendary gear.
    3- Professions would be worth again.
    4- Make those crafts use old world ores/leathers/herbs/cloth. People would be all around the map again, even if its just for flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    4- Make those crafts use old world ores/leathers/herbs/cloth. People would be all around the map again, even if its just for flying.
    Crafting really needs to be addressed again. In their pursuit of making content, they've ignored one of the most cherished parts of the game. And the way it works now is pretty banal; you craft towards a powerful item that's only relevant this tier. And after this tier they want you to grind summore.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-08-28 at 08:39 PM.