Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by satella View Post
    The future of gaming is going to be based on extremely intelligent AI systems anyway, Blizzard will have to keep up to stay in business.
    Actually, Blizzard has repeatedly nerfed games systems into the ground to make it so a noob can clear it easily. If we lived in a world with extremely intelligent AI, Blizzard would just tune it way down to the level of stupid anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

This idea just leads to the complete Diabloization of WoW. One Mage tower in 15 years is completely different from turning the whole game into a solo player experience. At that point it's no longer an MMORPG (though it isn't much of one now tbh).

The problem with Retail WoW these days is it's trying to be all things to all people and cater to all tastes (some less successfully than others). Since you can never keep all the people happy all the time this strategy, imho, just leads to more people being unsatisfied with the experience, a somewhat counterintuitive result. Blizzard would be better off just deciding which type of game / genre paradigm they want WoW to appeal to and stick to that and develop alternative games for the alternative game play styles. Not debating which style / genre is better just saying pick one and stick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Actually, Blizzard has repeatedly nerfed games systems into the ground to make it so a noob can clear it easily. If we lived in a world with extremely intelligent AI, Blizzard would just tune it way down to the level of stupid anyway.
    Extremely intelligent AI can be whatever you want it to be.

Just so that you understand what I'm talking about, lets compare this to arena rating (elo etc.). You would be able to choose to fight a 1000 rated computer, 1500 rated computer, 2000 rated computer, or whatever rating you find is most enjoyable for you. If the maximum rating of the computer is 4000, then it can tune itself to any rating below that.

Your thinking is extremely limited here, and you must open your mind to the possibilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    This idea just leads to the complete Diabloization of WoW. One Mage tower in 15 years is completely different from turning the whole game into a solo player experience. At that point it's no longer an MMORPG (though it isn't much of one now tbh).

The problem with Retail WoW these days is it's trying to be all things to all people and cater to all tastes (some less successfully than others). Since you can never keep all the people happy all the time this strategy, imho, just leads to more people being unsatisfied with the experience, a somewhat counterintuitive result. Blizzard would be better off just deciding which type of game / genre paradigm they want WoW to appeal to and stick to that and develop alternative games for the alternative game play styles. Not debating which style / genre is better just saying pick one and stick to it.
    This is only for legacy content, to revitalize it. Instead of soloing it as you do now by one-shotting everything, you can actually relive the challenge with your own army at your disposal.

If you need to play with or against humans to have fun, there will always be someone that shares those thoughts with you. You will never run out of people willing to play with you, no matter how solo-friendly the game becomes. The only thing that will change is that more people are willing to play the game now, at no cost to you or anyone else.

This will basicly turn WoW into an RPG with a bit of social interaction on the side.
    That said, im all for. I would make me able to clear raids without having to dedicate specific hours to do so.
    Its basicly challenge mode. Thing is though, how are you gonna keep this interesting for tanks?

The last thing this game needs is even less social interaction.

There are better and easier ways too to make legacy content more accessible... such as the scaling/timewalking tech can be used to bring back the old content and that's what they're working on atm. Your suggestion is by far the worst idea I've heard about to solve this problem.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-08-25 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    The last thing this game needs is even less social interaction.

There are better and easier ways too to make legacy content more accessible... such as the scaling/timewalking tech can be used to bring back the old content and that's what they're working on atm. Your suggestion is by far the worst idea I've heard about to solve this problem.
    If we're just talking about clearing the instances as they are, and getting no rewards from it, or having to share them with others in your group, the scaling tech is what you want I guess.

Am I missing something here? Tell me about more ideas to revitalize legacy content. You mentioned scaling/timewalking, but there must be a whole slew of other ideas out there if mine is the worst of the bunch.

If we're just talking about clearing the instances as they are, and getting no rewards from it, or having to share them with others in your group, the scaling tech is what you want I guess.

Am I missing something here? Tell me about more ideas to revitalize legacy content. You mentioned scaling/timewalking, but there must be a whole slew of other ideas out there if mine is the worst of the bunch.
    Don't worry about the haters pushing back. Many forum users work for other gaming companies. Many come here to try and learn about what the WoW community wants, learn what to do / what not to do...etc And many will try to persuade Blizzard against making their game successful because a successful wow is a threat to their games.

What these guys don't get is that we love the wow universe, we dont wanna play other games because we have no attachment to their story, characters, play style, animations...etc
    WoW is truely one of a kind and it would be great if it made itself accessible to the many types of players.

Someone mentioned that with a system like this, wow would turn into an RPG with MMO elements. By their logic, pet battles is now the main game and the rest is just a side, mini game.

Speaking of Pet Battles, of all the other systems, it continued since its inception to be there without radical changes to it. We want more systems like that where content stays and only grows without ever getting invalidated or altered radically. Pet-battles would be great as a mobile game linked to WoW where we could level up alts through a smartphone.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2019-08-26 at 03:27 AM.

It's almost as if Withered Army training never existed. An idea that should have always been how the mission table worked in the first place.

Beyond that, single player raids or dungeons would be entertaining for about 5 minutes, and then result in a flood of complaints about how class / spec A can't get through said instance as well as class / spec B can.

- - - Updated - - -

Am I missing something here? Tell me about more ideas to revitalize legacy content.
    This is easy, and has fallen on deaf ears despite being recommended for years now. Revamp legacy raid / dungeon boss loot tables, set them as timewalking, allow them to drop mats that are required for cutting edge recipes.

Even better, level scale legacy zones, and make old world mats necessary for aforementioned recipes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It's almost as if Withered Army training never existed. An idea that should have always been how the mission table worked in the first place.

Beyond that, single player raids or dungeons would be entertaining for about 5 minutes, and then result in a flood of complaints about how class / spec A can't get through said instance as well as class / spec B can.

- - - Updated - - -

This is easy, and has fallen on deaf ears despite being recommended for years now. Revamp legacy raid / dungeon boss loot tables, set them as timewalking, allow them to drop mats that are required for cutting edge recipes.

Even better, level scale legacy zones, and make old world mats necessary for aforementioned recipes as well.
    You clearly have not read the OP's post. He did mention the class balance issue and gave two ways to work around it; system-specific gear as well as AI...

I don't think it has fallen on deaf ears. It's simply a massive undertaking requiring many pieces and systems which they have been building one after another, but not all at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Withered army training was fun, I'd like more of that. In fact, the whole of Suramar was quite spectacular.

I did mention that you could level in it from 15+, and that requires that your level, gear and class is irrelevant. What my solution entails is that you're brought into the instance while controlling your custom heroes, and can switch between them whenever you want. That way everyone would have the same access to the building blocks.
    It would be like complaining that your Lego creation was horrible. You have access to all the same bricks that everyone else does.

It's not a good idea to make legacy content relevant by making it mandatory to progress in current content. People will feel forced to then run old instances to stay competitive, and the whole point of my idea is to revitalize legacy content, without people feeling like they have to do it.

Pet battles are a good example of a system almost completely detached from the main game, but it still has world quests and achievements.

FF14 has system where the table followers join as your party members in certain dungeons. I like that one, I want it in WoW as well. There's not a lot of restrictions, you get the same loot, your followers gain XP etc.

I do not hate the Idea.

SWTOR has a system very much like this (or had, not sure how it is now). For solo content you would always be accompanied by a companion that can fill any role you want them to fill, like if you want to be in Tank spec you can run them as dps or healer. This alone allowed for some serious soloing of group stuff.

Later they added solo mode Flashpoints (basically dungeons, with all existing dungeons being soloable now), where in addition to your companion a Droid would accompany you that would well... dps/tank/heal at the same time. It was pretty much unkillable and would make you unkillable too. It was however so overtuned that it made things rather boring to run with. It`s idea ofc was to give people who wanted to play for story only the option to do that and take their time in dungeons without some pug shouting at them to hurry up.

Even later the new story with Knight of the Eternal Throne and so on happened and they added the option to adjust the difficulty for the solo-content (without giving the God Droid), so you would get a decent challenge out of that.

So your idea isn`t exactly new, but I wouldn`t hate having the option at least. More options are always good. Could be fun.

As much as I would like to see it happen, I'm almost shying away from the idea beacuse of the tantamount of whine it will cause. It would be a massive shitstorm of "but it's a MMO!!!". Have you guys even been to the classic LFG addon thread? /shudder...
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I do not hate the Idea.

SWTOR has a system very much like this (or had, not sure how it is now). For solo content you would always be accompanied by a companion that can fill any role you want them to fill, like if you want to be in Tank spec you can run them as dps or healer. This alone allowed for some serious soloing of group stuff.

Later they added solo mode Flashpoints (basically dungeons, with all existing dungeons being soloable now), where in addition to your companion a Droid would accompany you that would well... dps/tank/heal at the same time. It was pretty much unkillable and would make you unkillable too. It was however so overtuned that it made things rather boring to run with. It`s idea ofc was to give people who wanted to play for story only the option to do that and take their time in dungeons without some pug shouting at them to hurry up.

Even later the new story with Knight of the Eternal Throne and so on happened and they added the option to adjust the difficulty for the solo-content (without giving the God Droid), so you would get a decent challenge out of that.

So your idea isn`t exactly new, but I wouldn`t hate having the option at least. More options are always good. Could be fun.
    I don't know of any game that has implemented this idea, SWTOR certainly hasn't. If you're only talking about the idea of solo instances, that isn't new, no.

Did you read it all?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    As much as I would like to see it happen, I'm almost shying away from the idea beacuse of the tantamount of whine it will cause. It would be a massive shitstorm of "but it's a MMO!!!". Have you guys even been to the classic LFG addon thread? /shudder...
    Do people complain about pet battles a lot?

If so, it doesn't matter how much people complain about pet battles, since they don't have an effect on your progress in current content. There is no competitive advantage to be had by playing pet battles, it's just fun.

Some people don't want others to have fun I guess. Only their way of having fun is right, and if anyone dares enjoy something that they don't like, it's tantamount to heresy.

I don't value the opinions of those kinds of people.

I think they should consider adding Rogue-like Singleplayer content to the game. Have friends joining be optional, but basically have dungeon runs where you descend multiple levels, facing randomized bosses, and each level you beat gives you some kind of random buff you can choose from.

Hearthstone does this and the solo adventures are some of my favourite content. I'd love to see it applied to WoW in some way, just a fun gameplay that challenges you like the Brawlers Guild, but in an adventure setting.

As for rewards, maybe these dungeons have unique consumables that can be used in the world (but not applicable in Raids or PVP) like a buff that lets you shoot lightning bolts or an enchantment that raises skeletons when you kill a mob, or find a temporary pet that helps you obtain more quest items off mobs. Just fun, broken abilities for the open world once content that ideally would help you finish your dailies faster.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-08-28 at 05:57 PM.

Good idea.

Legacy content is a waste. Theres so many good dungeons and raids out there.

As someone else suggested: make those old dungeons/raids (even if its timewalking) drop mats to craft insane legendary gear.
    Plus:
    1- You make old stuff relevant and usefull.
    2- If you do that as a weekly timewalking stuff (even if its solo content, make it in a rotation) each dropping 1 mat, it would take 7 weeks playing to get your crafted legendary gear.
    3- Professions would be worth again.
    4- Make those crafts use old world ores/leathers/herbs/cloth. People would be all around the map again, even if its just for flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    4- Make those crafts use old world ores/leathers/herbs/cloth. People would be all around the map again, even if its just for flying.
    Crafting really needs to be addressed again. In their pursuit of making content, they've ignored one of the most cherished parts of the game. And the way it works now is pretty banal; you craft towards a powerful item that's only relevant this tier. And after this tier they want you to grind summore.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-08-28 at 08:39 PM.