Page 1 of 2
LastLast

people who choose to live life alone

What do you think about people who choose to live life as a loner?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I think they are a future unibomber.

We’re all born alone and we all die alone

It's their choice being a lone wolf. Nothing wrong with that not everyone is a pack animal and it's pretty damn sweet being away from people from time to time.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Good on them if they truly can. Living alone has comfort to it, there being few obligations and all. If you don't yearn for companionship then it is a great kind of life to live.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Most people are only friendly when they want something from you. When you offer nothing you can kiss companionship behind. Personally I think not raising a family now is a noble sacifice. There's way too many people already
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Normal people like everyone else.

For instance Germany has 41.4 million households and 17.3 million of that are single households.

Nothing wrong with that. Unless they radicalize.

Same as you.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Their choice. I read after Jimmy Stewart, the actor, wife died, he lived alone the last 10 years of his life. Avoided the public as much as he could. His close friends, said he just wanted to finish out his years by himself and enjoy the quiet time and relax. The point is, they may not feel lonely at all. And no, just because you want to be a hermit, does not mean you are going to be a social path. Ted Bundy was very social, likeable in public and loved being around people. He also was one of the most prolific mass murderers in history.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Their choice in life but I believe people need to take care of them - and I'm not talking as a potential threat.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

That they are overspending for their living expenses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think everyone should spend some part of their lives living alone. You get a better perspective on life and what you want out of it when you know you don't need another person to handle your day-to-day stuff.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Not having much fun in the seesaw department.

Currently the last few years have been tough on me. I used to live with ex wife for 2-3 years, then lived alone for about 8 years. I REALLY loved/love living by myself. Occasionally my son comes and stays with me for a few days during the week or weekends. Also during summer he has free reign upon whether he wants to stay with me for long periods of time, (he's 10, I'm 33 if that makes it more detailed).

Financial and job hardship over the last 10 years has been an EXTREME factor in my situation. Recently of March this year I've had to move in with my mom and since then I've resided there to look for job, save money to buy a car and then move out again. I cannot stand living with her, we're like polar opposites and I essentially can't do a lot of things like: getting up early to make breakfast for myself because, it's too loud, do nothing at night since everyone sleeps at 10pm.

I've found a job since and have been banking cash for a little bit; however, searching for apts for either 1 or 2bdr are EXPENSIVE as hell by oneself. 1 bdr in my area is roughly 600$+. Most aren't worth 400$ a month plus utilities and what not. It's a very hard trade off because, I'd like it if my boy had his own room; however, I do not think I can afford it to do that. 2bdr in my area is 700$+.

So with saying all that, I've decided to look for a better job again, something closer and with more money. My current commute time is about 1.5 hours per day minimum. Not worth the time or money if I may add.

So back to the living alone. I love living alone and to do whatever I want at whatever time I want. It's QUIET, no one to BOTHER you, No one to TELL you what to do, No RULES. Yeah, I like coming home essentially to a house or apt under my control, no one has messed with anything, no one has touched stuff. It's exactly the way I left it. I don't like excitement, I don't like people in general. Though, this does put a serious hamper on effort, time, money, and ability to do things. It costs more to do everything on your own, it's hard to do things on your own. Though, I have serious trust issues with humans in general and that is a big reason why I do things myself.

Yeah, i've had help from family for paying rent and bills for years; however, not anymore. I'd like to keep up the strive for betterment and continue to graduate with my second degree and use that to make even more money.

Living alone has freedoms, no pressure, and it's drawbacks. That hard part is sometimes after being alone or having no contact for weeks at a time with human beings, emotions stir up. Which, is why I'd probably after many years of thought would consider getting a cat.... MAYBE.... Idk, I'd have to really think about it.

Living alone, not for most but, certainly a great option for PEACE AND QUIET.

Loneliness is good in its own way. I don't see anything wrong with that. I think that all of us people need at least once a week to be alone. It is very relaxing and gives some freedom.

I don't know, I never met one...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather be alone than with someone who makes me miserable, which I have been there for to long as well.

I don't think anyone "chooses" to be live alone.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Papzer View Post
    I don't think anyone "chooses" to be live alone.
    I am sure some do.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams