Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

more people viewing classic forums than retail.

adding more servers, more people interested in classic than retail all over. Hyped for a game that released 15 years ago. Blizz should take some notes on the current state of the game, but hey... You think you do but you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    pretty sure it's mostly because classic isn't out yet so people are just hanging out on the forums compared to BFA where most people are playing the game

There is also a lot more to talk about in classic currently as opposed to retail, 8.2 has been out for a while and 8.2.5 hasn't had much added to the PTR yet
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2019-08-23 at 08:00 PM.

100%, everywhere there's just way more talk about Classic.
    A lot has to do with the launch being so close, however, the numbers aren't lying.

Classic is going to DWARF the BFA launch.

7+ Year Old Account
    No shit sherlock, the game's coming out in 3 days.

Of course people are gonna be hyped and wanna discuss it.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Comparing numbers for a game about to be (re)launched vs. one that is half way through its launch phase, so does this come as a surprise to you, OP?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost like classic is something a subset of people having been waiting for for some time, and retail has nothing new going on right now

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    A lot has to do with the launch being so close, however, the numbers aren't lying.

For the first month or two. Then people will quit en-masse once they realize how shit it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Retail is a dead game, so it should be expected.

Very poor measurement. MMO-C is not even that big of a forum anymore, and its never been targeted towards Classic. The numbers are now completely influenced due to Classic coming out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    It's almost like classic is something a subset of people having been waiting for for some time, and retail has nothing new going on right now
    while I do think this is another relatively pointless thread there were a few people arguing, just a week ago, that interest wasn't very high and subscriber numbers would be low based on the same criteria the OP is using in this thread.

I don't think it's a very valid metric but can't have your cake and eat too...agreeing with the metric when it suits your perspective and disagreeing when it doesn't.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves shall we...not

Let's admit...BFA is God awful...period. Alot of people playing Classic are those who left the game a long time ago and have no desire to play the game in it's current state

People are curious about new things. Huh. Who fucking knew.

Thanks for this thread, I'm sure it won't be yet another anti-retail echo cham-

...nevermind.

It's the thing that's imminent, obviously.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Yah I think I’ll pass judgment on how well classic is doing roughly in March/April of next year.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    People are curious about new things. Huh. Who fucking knew.

Thanks for this thread, I'm sure it won't be yet another anti-retail echo cham-

...nevermind.
    New old things

Quote Originally Posted by berdrek View Post
    adding more servers, more people interested in classic than retail all over. Hyped for a game that released 15 years ago. Blizz should take some notes on the current state of the game, but hey... You think you do but you don't.
    You do realize forums people, etc are only a small scope of the community. Probably around 10% while the other 90% don't give a crap.

Just because they are releasing more servers doesn't mean anything either. You get up to 3 characters on a realm can max it out pretty quickly since the realms are small. But hey, it is easier to make up things based on what you see rather than the entire picture and then make comments about what they said in the past.

Will classic be a success? Who knows. The question is not how busy it is at start, but how it levels out over the next year because I would bet almost anything, if I was a betting person, that at least 50% of the people will drop Classic leading to servers becoming more dead, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe people got bored of reading threads about Highelves and Tinkers.
    /s

I think the "official" anti classic position has always been: it's going to be a big hypy thing for a month or so and then it's going to crash and burn.

So maybe make this thread again, 3 days before the next retail xpac comes out.

I really hope that once classic is out, people will actually start playing classic and wont be too busy sitting in /2 hating on retail to actually play the damn thing^^
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post

bfa had like 600k viewers on twitch at one point but we'll see.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!