Will we be able to have WoW and WoW Classic open at the same time?

Will I be able to, say, scan the AH on my retail account while playing my Classic character? Or can only one of those games be logged in at a time?

Currently it looks like "No", you have to choose

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    Will I be able to, say, scan the AH on my retail account while playing my Classic character? Or can only one of those games be logged in at a time?
    But why would you want to?

Legendary!
    Quote Originally Posted by treN- View Post
    A huge amount of time in classic is spent auto running / flying places.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there?| FOR THE HORDE

I haven't actually tried it, but given that you can have multiple regular WoW clients open the last time I checked (assuming you have multiple accounts to sign in with), I wouldn't see why not.

I haven't personally tried it, but people who were in the stress test were saying it was not possible, at least not on the same account.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

no you cant have both open at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Valkari View Post
    I haven't actually tried it, but given that you can have multiple regular WoW clients open the last time I checked (assuming you have multiple accounts to sign in with), I wouldn't see why not.
    They have to be different accounts or you will get kicked when the other client logs in. Otherwise it would be treated just like a multiboxer, and be just fine. But I'm pretty sure the OP doesn't want to bother with multiple accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    If you have more than one WoW account.. yes. But you can only have one client open per account.. and each account has a Classic client.

Even if they are in the same BNet account you can open multiple clients 1 each from each account.

Sure you can… with two different accounts!
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

I tried on one of the stress tests and it gave me the "your account has logged in somewhere else" message.
    I understand why. Could lead to easy account sharing, where 1 person is playing classic and 1 person is playing retail.
    Youtube Channel Twitch Stream
    Main Mage
    No Big Deal - Stormrage - 7/7 Mythic EN - 2/3 Mythic (Pre nerf) ToV 4/10M Nighthold 2 day/week raiding guild - No Longer Raiding (RIP)

So they can log into Normal, play LFR, go afk, then play on Classic at same time.

Basic "mememememememe" crap.

That and account sharing would be an absolute nightmare to regulate.

for example when he waits for lfr que he can level up toon in classic.

its very valid question

I mean, I could see why you'd want to. As others have said, a huge amount of time in Classic is spent waiting. You ever get to the boat dock JUST as the boat is leaving and barely miss the boat by a hair? You're gonna be standing there a while waiting for it to get back. And some FP's take forever to get from point A to point B. If you're playing both games, moments like that could be useful time for banging out a couple of WQ's or something in BfA on your other monitor.

And yeah, it works the other way too. Queue for a dungeon or something in BfA (sometimes 30+ minute wait times), bang out a few quests in Classic while you wait for the queue.
    Last edited by Cidzor; 2019-08-24 at 02:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    never dick crazy.
    unless they have tentacles and more then 2 eyes.