10+ Year Old Account

"You wanted the classic experience"

People throw this around a lot whenever there's a thread complaining about queues to play.

What, once the queues are gone do you think most classic players are going to complain to Blizzard that there are no queues and they're not getting the 'authentic experience'? 'Course not. So don't keep telling people this is what they asked for. It's something they knew they'd get - at least initially - but NOT something they asked for.
    Last edited by Will; 2019-08-27 at 11:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I wonder if there are more threads that complain about the complainers, than there are actual complaint threads.

These que times are really messing you guys up lol
    My realm hardly has any queues because I flocked to a lower population one, but thanks for your concern.

It's just... we all have reasons for wanting to play classic, so telling people that they 'wanted the true experience' and using queues and disconnects as an example to justify this is a bit... naive. Some classic players just wanted the game. Some wanted changes. Some didn't.

It's not as if every classic player said "hey Blizzard, can you maybe introduce some fake lag, disconnects and login queues so we get the 2004 vibe? Thanks!, that's what we're asking for!"
    Last edited by Will; 2019-08-27 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    People throw this around a lot whenever there's a thread complaining about queues to play.

Everyone has their own reasons for wanting to play classic, and mine are for the questing to 60. Nobody specifically asked Blizzard to introduce "fake" queues as part of what we asked for. The queues we're seeing are simply because the game is proving popular on launch, as expected.

So don't go around saying "you wanted classic" as if queues are a core part of the gameplay. They're not. They're an expected byproduct of an underrated release combined with people's insistence to continue populating high or full realms when recommended, low and medium realms are available.

What, once the queues are gone do you think most classic players are going to complain to Blizzard that there are no queues and they're not getting the 'authentic experience'? 'Course not. So don't keep telling people this is what they asked for. It's something they knew they'd get - at least initially - but NOT something they asked for.
    I distinctly remember people on this subforum, like tikcol, saying that they'd rather have queues than layering or sharding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    I distinctly remember people on this subforum, like tikcol, saying that they'd rather have queues than layering or sharding.
    Yes, they're a perfect representation of the classic community as a whole, aren't they?

Telling us that we collectively asked for these things is still enormous generalisation.
    Last edited by Will; 2019-08-27 at 11:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But they did ask for this. They didnt want sharding, even just the first few days. So you get the next thing: a queue on your server.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    But they did ask for this. They didnt want sharding, even just the first few days. So you get the next thing: a queue on your server.
    A lot of people were indeed against sharding, but that doesn't mean they asked for queues as part of their core gameplay experience. Neither do they represent the community as a whole.

And yes, we did get sharding, so I don't quite understand why you're saying we got the next thing.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I wonder if there are more threads that complain about the complainers, than there are actual complaint threads.

These que times are really messing you guys up lol
    No there are definitely more threads of people complaining about classic or bfa than people complaining about those people complaining. But I did just add to the population of people creating complaint threads about peoples continuous complaint threads. I think it's a legitimate complaint though, because at least if my complaint gets resolved we don't have to keep hearing other peoples rehashed complaints, that's just too much complaining.

Yes, they're a perfect representation of the classic community as a whole, aren't they?

Telling us that we collectively asked for these things is still enormous generalisation.
    I didn't say that you collectively asked for this. But the most extreme minority is often the most vocal and loudest. And the current situation is shitty for the players, but what Blizzard should have done? Open X servers and have to merge them afterwards? Use layering? People would have been dissatisfied no matter the solution taken. Then you would have people yelling because "we didn't ask for this!"
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-08-27 at 11:50 PM.

I'm always like to remind people that at the announcement, Brack stated that they wanted to recreate the Vanilla experience, but not the Vanilla launch. They purposely tried to avoid this.