Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Wait. Didnt classic lovers long for the days when you had to manually look for people, spamming trade chat and making friends? LFG Addon goes completely against that.

Yet again you people prove how this project is a failure, you never wanted the classic experience to begin with, you just got blinded by your rose-colored glasses. I cant wait to see where this classic will be after 6 months, probably close to abandoned.
    the people complaining about losing this addon are not classic lovers they are retailers that are just jumping on the bandwagon even though they dont even care for classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Retailers should stay off classic if this triggers them. Keep feeding your addiction to gambling with the garbage roulette game known as BFA. You obviously want to stay there anyways.

didnt vanilla have similar addons anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Apexis View Post
    This is a factually incorrect statement. If anything both the LFD and later the LFR expose what the real community. The community did itself in, all these features did was helped to expose what many had to endure and few like yourself got to largely ignore. Some people had their little clicks and niche groups of people and rarely strayed from them.

When I started, I was not a good skilled player, frankly, I sucked. That opened the World of Warcraft at every level to me from the people that loved to cause problems and issues to the ego-driven people that we're incapable of extending a hand to a newer player. Throttbot was the best information at the time and it was at best incomplete. Asking questions of strangers in various chats led to being marginalized like some sort of plague. Course over the years of keeping an eye on these various chats, like trade chat, people got worse and far nastier over time.

If anything the LFD exposed the shortcomings of the community. People only saw what they wanted to see, not what the bulk of people like myself had to largely endure from both sides spectrum. I became a better player over time, though at no point did I stop helping people that were mostly marginalized like when I first started to play WoW. I remember well how the guild leader, in my first guild, treated me in the first dungeon run and I have never forgotten how that felt ever since that was over 13 years ago.

That dirtbag did me a favor, as a result of being a dickhead, I went looking for another guild. As it turned out the guild I joined was amazing it led me to join its sister guild as well. Which allowed me to help and interact with people of all stripes from questing and farming players to PVP, raiders, and dungeon grinders. Both guilds like many others were maxed out with people that helped one another out and were able to do so because they check their egos for the betterment of the guilds.

Had it not been for both guilds I would not still be playing WoW today. I knew there were still good people playing, even though at every turn there was another in a long list of dirtbags to deal with in my path. No, the LFD is probably what saved many from continuing to play this game. The bulk of two guilds I mentioned were nothing more than a shell of their former selves by the end of Wrath. At the beginning of Cata, the leadership structure of both simply stopped playing. I eventually moved on to another realm and another one after that. What is sad about both those guild is the fact they formed at the beginning of Vanilla.

I have seen the good and the bad of this game and I can say without a bit of hesitation that your statement is factually wrong! People like yourself saw what you want to see. The LFD opened up the door so you could see what I was seeing since I started playing this game. I remember well the legions of people complaining how bad people were when the LFD was first introduced. I will give you the lack of communication, but as for the social aspect. Even back then there was enough of a population of scumbags from both ends of the spectrum that treated people like garbage.
    I'am not saying there weren't any douchbags back in the day. I don't even believe the amount douchbags has either increased or decreased since then. What I am saying is that because of how it was structured you cared an awful lot more about who you played with and how you wanted to be perceived. If you meet someone awful, you didn't want to play with them and took the necessary precautions to not do so. Just as you described. Lets say you found a good, smooth pug. Chances are someone in that group would suggest you should hit up another dungeon rather then go back to your capital to maybe to find a new group to join. If you teamed up with a bad healer you taught them how to play since the time it would take you to leave Shadowfang Keep to go back home to find a new one to bring back would probably take the same amount of time. You will remember that good, smooth pug, and the players you played with the next day, and they might bring another friend they found in another pug they did some night before.

I played guildless for three expansions and this how I remember it. I can't remember ever having any issues finding groups with a large selection of friends. There sure were awful people in the game. But if you knew they were awful, chances are the people around you (or at least the people you cared about) thought so as well.

So instead of questing in ungoro und use the tool to find a group - i have to stay in IF and spam the trade chat. How on earth is this a "improvement"?
    Last edited by Mirabai; 2019-08-24 at 11:17 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    I find this absolutely hilarious.
    First, "BfA babies/tards/addicts" or whatever is the current buzzphrase don't want anything to do with Classic because "they can't handle it".
    Now, apparently, "BfA babies/tards/addicts" went through the trouble of creating an addon for the game to use as they play, or just to sabotage the game, according to the ever so astute Classic fanflags.

Hohoho, sweet summer children. Gonna be hilarious to read all the ways in which they'll use mental gymnastics to blame anything faulty or bad about their community, on Retail players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirabai View Post
    So instead of questing in ungoro und use the tool to find a group - i have to stay in IF and spam the trade chat. How on earth is this "improvement"?
    It's Classic.

Simple as that. Not sure how anyone ever believed that this addon would be allowed, but here we are.

Although, nobody playing Classic as a purist should be using Discord. Lest they be hypocrites.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-08-24 at 11:29 PM.
    If you or a loved one wants a Hamster (any kind), consider going with a custom cage. Most of the retail cages, even the biggest, are simply too small for the hamster's well-being. There are far cheaper solutions using IKEA furniture, for example, that also results in a more stylish habitat that's bigger and easier to match with your decor! I use the IKEA Detolf + KALLAX solution! Check it out! Another clever and even cheaper solution is converting the IKEA SAMLA Bin!

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    didnt vanilla have similar addons anyway?
    Not looking for group where you just que into groups. God no.

You actually had to go out and find people to do the group with. In an MMO.

Scary thought huh!?!?
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    So BFA tards tried to ruin their vanilla experience back when this addon first emerged?
    This addon emerged a few days ago, its the creation of BFA tards who are bad plebs and should stick to retail

Good, I'm glad they are on top of stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Well said sir! going to be funny seeing the crying tears 6 months later when people barely play classic.
    Why do you get such a hardon against people who prefer something you don’t? Do you feel threatened or something? You shouldn’t. BFA may have nothing going on but the next expac announcement will take the focus back to retail. Stop being a prick who gets joy from others mistery.

Oh noes, people will need to TALK to each other in order to go to dungeons. The horror!

So instead of questing in ungoro und use the tool to find a group - i have to stay in IF and spam the trade chat. How on earth is this a "improvement"?
    Don't worry, mate. Developers are bluffing to calm down mob. They can't disable this addon, it's not possible. You'll be able to find groups for dungeons without that stupid spam which is apparently a cornerstone of socialization.

Good, LFG tool was for salty retail players. Stay the fuck in BFA and don't touch our game with your shitty post-classic features, thx.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I could go on for days about why retail has lost its charm and magic, but instead I’ll just enjoy classic and hope those still in retail enjoy it

I’ve got friends who love retail, but it isn’t for me. And with classic here, I don’t know that it ever will be again
    I just dislike both.

The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cencil View Post
    HAHAHA

The amount of clowns in denial like yourself on MMOchamp is what is truly adorable!!

Upset that a garbage addon has been removed that AUTOMATES aspects of gameplay? LOL

All these hilarious and jealous comments "THEY'RE WEARING ROSE TINTED GOGGLES!!1" as their precious BFA dies more and more. I wonder why your game is dying?

You say watch what happens months down the line? - the drop off you speak of is all the BFA normie tourists who want trash addons like this. The sooner the drop off, the better.

You zoomies need to just stay on your silly BFA and disconcern yourselves with real WoW.
    ^ I give you all, the "superior community", in a nutshell. And they wonder why they're met with animosity?
    If you or a loved one wants a Hamster (any kind), consider going with a custom cage. Most of the retail cages, even the biggest, are simply too small for the hamster's well-being. There are far cheaper solutions using IKEA furniture, for example, that also results in a more stylish habitat that's bigger and easier to match with your decor! I use the IKEA Detolf + KALLAX solution! Check it out! Another clever and even cheaper solution is converting the IKEA SAMLA Bin!

They do have an improvement to this, it's called current wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Why do you get such a hardon against people who prefer something you don’t? Do you feel threatened or something? You shouldn’t. BFA may have nothing going on but the next expac announcement will take the focus back to retail. Stop being a prick who gets joy from others mistery.
    lol talk about getting triggered by my comment first of all i wasn't replying to you anyways mind your own business i was talking to that smart person i replyed to with common sense unlike u and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    The funniest shit is, in Vanilla the realm cap was 3k players, and later increased to 5k players. Classic is going to have 10-15k players per realm, and that after all the layers are removed. Probably 30k while layers are still in game.

All the layers on a realm use the same chat.

So 30k vs 3k. 10 times as many people using chat.

Gonna laugh my ass off when people see how useless chat is going to be for forming groups.
    You make a good point about the realm population. Maybe that will make it easier to find tanks and healers. (crossing my fingers)
    “Creativity Is Intelligence Having Fun.” – Albert Einstein

Can we just get a World Chat instead ?
    99% of people on private server were totally Ok with this
    make things a lot easier to find group

I am happy that add-on's are being restricted. those who say they want classic then they deserve classic, without UI or any other add-on enhancements.

Classic is classic is classic. That's all there really is to say about it.