Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Retailers trying to ruin classic are seething.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    You had your chance to make something special of this, Internet, and you fucked it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    We are in this thread with Elba, therefore we are all Elba.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    This addon emerged a few days ago, its the creation of BFA tards who are bad plebs and should stick to retail
    an addon with the same purpose emerged in vanilla.

Creation of plebs and bfa tards too?

The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post

Not to mention that the addon was 100% made by someone intent on playing Classic. This notion that BfA players did done it, and to sabotage Classic no less, is just additional proof of how the "Purists" are more invested in being toxic than they are in playing the game.

Sad to see, the release won't change squat.
    I am very rarely active on MMO-C atm, as I've said whenever being called a "fanboy/girl", when I'm not happy with Blizzard's product, I'll actually move away from it and withhold my spending as a sign of my dislike. Funny how X posters don't seem capable of doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedmist View Post
    To be honest, only add-ons that existed back then should be allowed now. If people want to play Classic they should actually have to play it.
    They r restricting addons greatly from what u could do back then. U had addons that could automate gameplay back then, those r no longer possible in classic.

Seems kind of futile to me. Players are always going to try and figure out the most efficient way to make groups. If they can't do it with an addon they'll do it through Discord or something.

I have 0 issues with addons that were in vanilla WoW, but new ones that work like this one would just damage the game. Good move on Blizzard for taking action. People need to stop trying to turn Classic into BFA, it destroys the entire point of making Classic servers in the first place.

Nobody used that addon in vanilla, i played back then, go back to bfa, u will never make classic like retail, the devs are on our side they already deleted ur lil addon and they will keep classic clean like it was the first time

Nobody used that addon in vanilla, i played back then, go back to bfa, u will never make classic like retail, the devs are on our side they already deleted ur lil addon and they will keep classic clean like it was the first time
    Are you having a stroke or whats wrong your spelling?

An addon like that existed back in vanilla, so having it in classic is "keeping classic clean like it was the first time"

Quote Originally Posted by Mirabai View Post
    So instead of questing in ungoro und use the tool to find a group - i have to stay in IF and spam the trade chat. How on earth is this a "improvement"?
    you go to un'goro, you talk to the people there and you form groups. that is how we did it back in the day.

An addon like that existed back in vanilla, so having it in classic is "keeping classic clean like it was the first time"
    addon functionality was dramatically different back then. /startattack and many other commands did not exist.

but nobody on proudmoore - one of the largest west coast servers - used that addon. it was known, but not needed. if you needed a group, you went and got a group. or you did something else if you couldn't find one.

just because it existed then does not make it a good idea now, not when we are trying to re-build that sense of community not continue in the faceless social media age.

- - - Updated - - -

So instead of questing in ungoro und use the tool to find a group - i have to stay in IF and spam the trade chat. How on earth is this a "improvement"?
    no, you travel to un'goro and interact with the people there and form a group.

u will have to interact with other ppl to complete dungeons, its probably too hard for bfa zombies like u

Or use the /World channel? Remember also private servers made the /World channel more popular than it was back in original vanilla, at least for me it did, I don't even remember the existence of a /world channel. I think it was becuase you had to join in manually and not many people knew how

No You don't. Stay in Un'Goro and type /join LookingForGroup. That will enter you into a global LFG chat channel that will allow you to continue to quest while trying to form a group.

MMO-Champion - SPLIT your pages! Stop mixing classic stuff with BFA stuff. Its really annoying and messy. Make classic its own secondary page

Classic only split on MMO would be great

People will just use discord. Classic players don't know what they want as long as they can argue with people.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Retailers trying to ruin classic are seething.
    #nochanges
    #exceptthisone
    #toxicityencouraged

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Classic is classic is classic. That's all there really is to say about it.
    So what about the addons from back then that did similar things?
    Also what about no changes?
    Last edited by Mush; 2019-08-25 at 05:53 AM.

You need help kid

What's with you Classic elitists walking back on your NoChanges talk?

It's like you don't actually want to play vanilla as it was back then, you just want a stick to beat Retail players over the head with, so you can feel smug.

Tons of add-ons that didn't exist or barely worked in Classic will come back refined to Retail quality level an the classic purest will be using them..

Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Blizzard is correct in their reasoning. Addons will remain powerful tools, but if they start undermining social aspects then yes they are a problem. If, heavens forbid, there was an addon to jump between layers in the first phase that'd allow players to hunt rares (Time Lost Proto Drake anyone?), I'd hope Blizzard would shut that addon down ASAP as well.

What I find amusing is the amount of people that seem to believe that players can't handle looking for groups on their own, instead it's some sort of Truth that an automated tool that creates groups and teleports people to the dungeon is superior. No, it's just more efficient. That doesn't automatically mean it's better for the overall MMO experience. Just because modern wow has abandoned everything in order to give players instant accessibility and efficiency doesn't mean that mindset is universal.

The dungeons I've run on a private realm, where I had to talk to people to get invited, run to the dungeon chitchating, not being able to instantly replace anyone forged a much more tight-knit group and we had a lot of fun. In contrast to being placed with 4 random people you'll never see again.

The only thing LFD would accomplish in a game like classic is to seriously hurt the social fabric. Just because you've never experienced WoW without QoL systems that does everything for you, doesn't mean people don't know what they're signing up for. Or that they can't adapt.

But sure, there's going to be plenty of relatively new players who's going to bitch on the forums about how awful it was not finding a healer for 30 minutes for ZF, then you can sit in that echochamber and laugh at all those classic players who doesn't know how silly they are for not wanting grouping to be automated.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The biggest challenge of WoW is designing for the many different audiences that play the game.
    Yeah, you're trying to satisfy players who doesn't even enjoy playing RPGs, and thus you're alienating those who do.