Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Classic LFG Addon Restricted

Pass the time until Classic in the MMO-Champion Discord!

Classic LFG Addon Disabled
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’ve been closely following the community discussion around this add-on for WoW Classic, as well as analyzing it to make sure we understand how it works. After careful examination, we believe the nature of ClassicLFG is incompatible with our social design for Classic. Thus, in an upcoming patch (in the weeks following launch), we will be adding restrictions to the Classic add-on API that will significantly limit this add-on and others like it.

In line with what we shared at BlizzCon last year, we intend to be very careful about allowing add-on functionality that might undermine aspects of the social dynamics that are core to the Classic experience, even in cases like this where it’s clear that the addon author had no ill intent and was simply trying to provide a service to the Classic community. Ultimately, if a streamlined group-finding system was something we considered compatible with Classic, we would have kept the modern Premade Group Finder tool rather than choosing to remove it from the Classic client.

It’s difficult to articulate a clear-cut rule for exactly when an add-on crosses the line. However, when an add-on goes beyond presenting information or providing aesthetic customization, and attempts to create an interconnected social network that relies on other players also using that same add-on, we are likely to scrutinize it particularly closely.

WoW Classic Realm Poll
    Check out the results here!

Magic Find is Hiring - Web Designer
    We are looking to refresh and improve MMO-Champion along with our other gaming sites and are looking for help from a motivated designer (or two!) who can work alongside us to bring a better experience to our users.

Ideally, we are looking for you to:
    • Improve and refresh designs for our existing websites.
    • Work with us to create new features for current properties and create new ones for future games we might cover.
    • The ideal candidate will have previous experience working on gaming websites, personal/passion projects are strongly encouraged!
    • This is a remote contractor position.
      • Excellent written communication skills are needed.
      • Hours are flexible but it would be preferable for you to be available and reachable during US hours to work efficiently.
    • Please email your portfolio to jobs@magicfind.us and any relevant details about your past work!

Diablo 3 - Season 18 Guide
    Season 18 is now live and our friends over at DiabloFans have recapped all of the changes!

Last edited by chaud; 2019-08-24 at 02:03 AM.

F.U.N. detected. destroy.

Ahh yes, the community proving that they don't actually WANT vanilla, they're just wearing rose-tinted glasses so thick they're blind.

This is going to be an adorable clusterfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Ahh yes, the community proving that they don't actually WANT vanilla, they're just wearing rose-tinted glasses so thick they're blind.

This is going to be an adorable clusterfuck.
    Have fun in BfA.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

To be honest, only add-ons that existed back then should be allowed now. If people want to play Classic they should actually have to play it.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Good move, Blizz. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedmist View Post
    To be honest, only add-ons that existed back then should be allowed now. If people want to play Classic they should actually have to play it.
    YA! while we are at it lets lower the internet to the speeds we had back then as well, and lets smash up the servers a bit so they are as unstable as they where back then. Yay classic!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    YA! while we are at it lets lower the internet to the speeds we had back then as well, and lets smash up the servers a bit so they are as unstable as they where back then. Yay classic!
    Hahaha so good, true classic experience haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedmist View Post
    Thats the point - they just think they do. As if Classic will be time machine and take them back back 15 years when they were younger.
    80% of user base will drop it till end of year when they realize not every class is viable in long term, they need to acualy eat and drink while leveling and so on.

I looked forward to using it. Searching for dungeon groups while leveing isnt exactly always a great experience. Who really likes sitting in org at lvl40 to find a group for RFD.. To me, classic was way more than that,but whatever, I'll live with it, it just sucks i have little time to play since i have a kid and some nights ill probably waste my time looking for a group just to log off havijng done nothing :/

Looking for people for dungeons is not going to be a fun experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    I looked forward to using it. Searching for dungeon groups while leveing isnt exactly always a great experience. Who really likes sitting in org at lvl40 to find a group for RFD.. To me, classic was way more than that,but whatever, I'll live with it, it just sucks i have little time to play since i have a kid and some nights ill probably waste my time looking for a group just to log off havijng done nothing :/
    Yeah wasn't fun to spend 2-3 hours to form a group for a single dungeon run (in many cases it ended in being a single run with a group). And sitting in the main city didn't help as there were no chat that spanned all major cities and most of the people that were at the lvl of the dungeon were out in the world. Thus you usual just ended up using the "Who list" by typing in the lvl range you wanted and whisper every single person if they wanted to do the run.
    And then when you finally have spend a good time whispering all players of the specific class for a healer or tank then you had to wait 30-45 min for the people to arrive at the destination, cause of no summoning stones and usual people hadn't quested in the are so they had to run.

FUN TIMES....................... not really.
    (my rose tinted glasses have been off for years)

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well that would only incentives people making friends/joining big guilds. Good job Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by nefarious tea View Post
    ahh yes, the community proving that they don't actually want vanilla, they're just wearing rose-tinted glasses so thick they're blind.
    "no no no stop having fun, you're not going to enjoy yourselves classic is going to fail reeee come back to bfa please please please"

Quote Originally Posted by kkbbss View Post
    Yeah wasn't fun to spend 2-3 hours to form a group for a single dungeon run (in many cases it ended in being a single run with a group). And sitting in the main city didn't help as there were no chat that spanned all major cities and most of the people that were at the lvl of the dungeon were out in the world. Thus you usual just ended up using the "Who list" by typing in the lvl range you wanted and whisper every single person if they wanted to do the run.
    And then when you finally have spend a good time whispering all players of the specific class for a healer or tank then you had to wait 30-45 min for the people to arrive at the destination, cause of no summoning stones and usual people hadn't quested in the are so they had to run.

FUN TIMES....................... not really.
    (my rose tinted glasses have been off for years)
    It absolutely N E V E R took this long. At most, 30 minutes. About the same wait filling up M+ on terrible keys.

Quote Originally Posted by chotnik View Post
    Thats the point - they just think they do. As if Classic will be time machine and take them back back 15 years when they were younger.
    yeah, there's no possible reason why people would want to play classic other than "trying to relive childhood"

obviously

Also, blizz said the average age of players during 2004-2006 was 28, so...your whole "childhood" argument is already dead. Shoo, troll.

Quote Originally Posted by chotnik View Post
    80% of user base will drop it till end of year when they realize not every class is viable in long term, they need to acualy eat and drink while leveling and so on.
    "realize" this, "realize" that

do YOU "realize" that Classic is being made specifically for people who have been playing pservers the past 5 years?

idiot

Also, every class is viable in PvE and PvP, but of course you wouldn't know that since you've never actually played vanilla and only watched videos of "you think you do but you don't" people spreading bullshit misinformation about it.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2019-08-24 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    It absolutely N E V E R took this long. At most, 30 minutes. About the same wait filling up M+ on terrible keys.
    lol somebody was never trying to do an ony attunement and needed the specific quest done in BRD and would wait hours and hours for the right people to be available.

Hour long waits in trade chat were a common thing, even in popular guilds. Most people, even guildies, didn't want to go spend hours doing a dungeon they needed nothing for. And assuming you even found a tank, for example, your healer might have just peaced out to do something else along the way and you're waiting again.

To say nothing about having someone drop out in the middle of a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    That's a lie. I sat for 4 hours on a fairly high pop server in vanilla while spamming trade chat for people. Mileage may very.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    "no no no stop having fun, you're not going to enjoy yourselves classic is going to fail reeee come back to bfa please please please"
    I'd be scared too if my LFR queue was about to spike to 5 hours.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    That's a lie. I sat for 4 hours on a fairly high pop server in vanilla while spamming trade chat for people. Mileage may very.
    I just can’t believe this at all... mileage may vary indeed.