Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    MMO-Champion - SPLIT your pages! Stop mixing classic stuff with BFA stuff. Its really annoying and messy. Make classic its own secondary page

Classic only split on MMO would be great

People will just use discord. Classic players don't know what they want as long as they can argue with people.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Retailers trying to ruin classic are seething.
    #nochanges
    #exceptthisone
    #toxicityencouraged

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Classic is classic is classic. That's all there really is to say about it.
    So what about the addons from back then that did similar things?
    Also what about no changes?
    Last edited by deadman1; 2019-08-25 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    Nobody used that addon in vanilla, i played back then, go back to bfa, u will never make classic like retail, the devs are on our side they already deleted ur lil addon and they will keep classic clean like it was the first time
    You need help kid

What's with you Classic elitists walking back on your NoChanges talk?

It's like you don't actually want to play vanilla as it was back then, you just want a stick to beat Retail players over the head with, so you can feel smug.

Tons of add-ons that didn't exist or barely worked in Classic will come back refined to Retail quality level an the classic purest will be using them..

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Blizzard is correct in their reasoning. Addons will remain powerful tools, but if they start undermining social aspects then yes they are a problem. If, heavens forbid, there was an addon to jump between layers in the first phase that'd allow players to hunt rares (Time Lost Proto Drake anyone?), I'd hope Blizzard would shut that addon down ASAP as well.

What I find amusing is the amount of people that seem to believe that players can't handle looking for groups on their own, instead it's some sort of Truth that an automated tool that creates groups and teleports people to the dungeon is superior. No, it's just more efficient. That doesn't automatically mean it's better for the overall MMO experience. Just because modern wow has abandoned everything in order to give players instant accessibility and efficiency doesn't mean that mindset is universal.

The dungeons I've run on a private realm, where I had to talk to people to get invited, run to the dungeon chitchating, not being able to instantly replace anyone forged a much more tight-knit group and we had a lot of fun. In contrast to being placed with 4 random people you'll never see again.

The only thing LFD would accomplish in a game like classic is to seriously hurt the social fabric. Just because you've never experienced WoW without QoL systems that does everything for you, doesn't mean people don't know what they're signing up for. Or that they can't adapt.

But sure, there's going to be plenty of relatively new players who's going to bitch on the forums about how awful it was not finding a healer for 30 minutes for ZF, then you can sit in that echochamber and laugh at all those classic players who doesn't know how silly they are for not wanting grouping to be automated.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Just ban add ons, ban everything, fun - ban it all. Fuck everything.

That’s what I think should happen, blizz should just fuck it up like streamers want instead of listening to the playerbase - you fucken piece of shit sheep waste of skin motherfuckers

F U N D E T E C T E D!!!!

am i doing it right?

Blizzard is seeing things wrong if they think players truely want "THE CLASSIC EXPERIENCE" with all the bad things included.

They want the classic game, but a 'modernized' version of it that removes the frustrating features, not emphasize them.

*I* want the classic game, but wouldn't mind proper talent tuning or class balance.
    *I* would also like to have transmogs in classic etc. (not sure if they said anything about it, I did not follow it as fanatically as others did)

I also see no reason to not include the ingame LFG tool, just remove the auto-queue feature.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-08-25 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    u will have to interact with other ppl to complete dungeons, its probably too hard for bfa zombies like u
    You do realise the hardest part of pve in vanilla was getting a group?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Blizzard is seeing things wrong if they think players truely want "THE CLASSIC EXPERIENCE" with all the bad things included.

They want the classic game, but a 'modernized' version of it that removes the frustrating features, not emphasize them.

*I* want the classic game, but wouldn't mind proper talent tuning or class balance.
    *I* would also like to have transmogs in classic etc. (not sure if they said anything about it, I did not follow it as fanatically as others did)
    Currently it seems like people want the classic they think they experience, not the one that existed.

Crying about this addon is a great example.

Obligatory:

It's almost like Blizzard wants classic to fail. Oh well. They've been making bad decisions for years and I had no assumptions that this would be the same case.

I care less about this individual decision, and more about what it will mean for the future of classic as players create (recreate?) more and more addons for classic and Blizzard picks and chooses which they feel "don't support classic". If this addon existed in vanilla, do you think Blizzard would have banned it because "it discouraged social behavior"?

I wasn't pinning my hopes on classic anyways, and I wasn't planning on resubscribing to play. I remain unimpressed with Blizzards decision-making process.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    MMO-Champion - SPLIT your pages! Stop mixing classic stuff with BFA stuff. Its really annoying and messy. Make classic its own secondary page
    I played classic back in 2004 and a channel with 1000+ players looking for a group wont work! Its way to much spam.

Here is how this will end, there will be a website where you can form groups, becaus blizz killed that addon. Spamming trade / lfg channel with 1000+ players is not useful to anyone.

How the fuck are you guys spamming "no fun allowed"?
    One of the main reasons people wanted classic in the first place is so that retarded features like lfg dont exist and you re forced to interract with people.
    There is nothing fun for the people that want human interraction about clicking a damn button and finding a group and it removes a core aspect of classic. This was an amazing decision.
    There is always bfa if you wanna click and run and dungeon without even saying hello.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    and make a filter so we don't have to read it. Wowhead did when i asked them

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I can't fathom why people want a LFG addon. Player interactions and community is what made vanilla so great. If you start making things automated, then there's less interaction and that hurts the community. There's a reason there's elite quests and various other things that require the help of others, it forces player interactions. The original game wasn't built to cater to extreme introverts who straddle the spectrum. I remember being a shy 12 year old back in 05' and having to ask others in general if they could help me with an elite quest. 3 months later I'm having the time of my life raiding with a guild I met because a 66 year old lady who everyone in the guild called "Mom" helped me kill the elite and ginvited me. Through one simple forced interaction, I found a community which then opened me to other communities until I could read them all like a branching web.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreo View Post
    Well that would only incentives people making friends/joining big guilds. Good job Blizzard.
    No just make them leave and realize how the most simple of things waste way too much time in classic. How the hype for this was way too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    How the fuck are you guys spamming "no fun allowed"?
    One of the main reasons people wanted classic in the first place is so that retarded features like lfg dont exist and you re forced to interract with people.
    There is nothing fun for the people that want human interraction about clicking a damn button and finding a group and it removes a core aspect of classic. This was an amazing decision.
    There is always bfa if you wanna click and run and dungeon without even saying hello.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Yea I can't fathom why people want a LFG addon. Player interactions and community is what made vanilla so great. If you start making things automated, then there's less interaction and that hurts the community. There's a reason there's elite quests and various other things that require the help of others, it forces player interactions. The original game wasn't built to cater to extreme introverts who straddle the spectrum. I remember being a shy 12 year old back in 05' and having to ask others in general if they could help me with an elite quest. 3 months later I'm having the time of my life raiding with a guild I met because a 66 year old lady who everyone in the guild called "Mom" helped me kill the elite and ginvited me. Through one simple forced interaction, I found a community which then opened me to other communities until I could read them all like a branching web.

You guys do realise this addon existed in vanilla and thus is part of vanilla experience

Blizzard guys want to play the world, not dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    You guys do realise this addon existed in vanilla and thus is part of vanilla experience
    But.. but.. the streamer that thinks for me said I must cry about this!