Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    F.U.N. detected. destroy.
    classic is classic. If you want LFG....you should wait until they release WotlK.

People really do not remmember what classic was like. And on top of that, once you do stuff like that, you are pretty much changing it from classic to the current game. Without the new stories.

What is next after LFG??
    flying?
    New talents?
    People crying because they need to train their weapon skills?
    Crying because you need to visit your trainer for new spells?
    Rep grinds?
    Alliance better racials ( pvp)?
    no paladins for horde?

If you want to play classic...you play it as it came out of the box ( without bugs). If you do not...play BFA. or just quit WoW....
    BFA - Barf for Alliance
    Horde you sad or angry that your faction is a bunch of mass murdering, cowards , without honor bad guys??
    The alliance is there for you

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Oh I can very well see the point that is "I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT VANILLA WAS SO MAKE CLASSIC LIKE I THINK IT WAS!"
    Definitely not. It's "I want as much of a pre patch 3.3 experience as possible. It's why I'm here."

Oh I can very well see the point that is "I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT VANILLA WAS SO MAKE CLASSIC LIKE I THINK IT WAS!"

Wasn't the point delivering the authentic vanilla experience?
    Yeah, with the caveat of some small changes here and there to make the game more 'authentic' in the face of existing technologies that weren't present in 2004 (such as sharding in starting zones early on and restricting mods that may have been used by a minority back then but are at risk of becoming ubiquitous due to the proliferation of information).

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Ahh yes, the community proving that they don't actually WANT vanilla, they're just wearing rose-tinted glasses so thick they're blind.

This is going to be an adorable clusterfuck.
    Yup,

think i am going to get a cup of tea like your picture and just watch it all blow up in their faces.....

what do you think will happen first:

crying for flying?
    rep grinds?
    Crying because they can not play paladin on the horde side?

My guess paladin, or the fact that you need to do a lot of travel to get spell upgrades and things done. And little to no fast traveling options. Or how slow/grindy it was.
    BFA - Barf for Alliance
    Horde you sad or angry that your faction is a bunch of mass murdering, cowards , without honor bad guys??
    The alliance is there for you

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Definitely not. It's "I want as much of a pre patch 3.3 experience as possible. It's why I'm here."
    Yet they think LFG addon didn't exist in vanilla.

And the "not a bug" list looks like half the testers hadn't even seen wow before WOTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    Yeah, with the caveat of some small changes here and there to make the game more 'authentic' in the face of existing technologies that weren't present in 2004 (such as sharding in starting zones early on and restricting mods that may have been used by a minority back then but are at risk of becoming ubiquitous due to the proliferation of information).
    And people screaming blizzard to nuke an addon that existed in vanilla.

Yet they think LFG addon didn't exist in vanilla.

And the "not a bug" list looks like half the testers hadn't even seen wow before WOTLK.
    WoW exploded to the height of its popularity with TBC to Wrath so it's not surprising that they don't know the bugs are intentional.

As for the players who did play but want it gone, yeah I don't think most proactively used it. More people will now because of how easy information is shared as compared to 13 years ago. Vanilla probably will be much easier because its easier to get good now with all of the information available.

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    Then let them quit. Isn't that the point? Those people who would get frustrated by not having access to addons like these are those who should be playing retail. Classic is for people who don't want to play with these kinds of addons, and the host of menu options that has diluted the social aspect of WoW over time.
    Oh ok. So wanting an easier way to find groups other than sitting on a city for hours on end looking for a dungeon while getting trolled or flooded with memes is so much better. This is one of the big reasons Classic servers will be ghost towns 2-3 months from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Clearly didnt read what i put but its expected on a site that houses alot of undeducated morons.

But they existed then, so why are you ignoring that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    There is no role to be filled in the long run. Those that are so entitled and addicted to the anti-social retail lfg won't even make it to 60. There won't be much need for a third party thing after 1-2 months when everyone actually interested in classic has a guild/discord community or just doesn't feel like dying because he has to message a few people to form a group.
    Everyone who wants that addon has his view warped by playing too much retail. The only way they see running a dungeon is if the group pops up by itself in 2 min and they roflstomp it semi-afk in max 10 min without saying a word. Thats their ideea of what a mmorpg experience should be.
    I can't even fathom being this far up my own ass. How do you do it?
    How can you possibly think that 90% of the players won't be gone before level 20?

Bloodsail Admiral Magical Mudcrab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Sure, but they were rarely used in the live game. The majority of people who have used these types of addons are from the Private Server community. Either way, arguing about it is pointless. It's blatantly obvious that the majority of players don't want the addons to exist (or, at least, don't care), and Blizzard themselves don't either.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    They clearly love pain i sure don't BFA FTW!
    If you don't love pain why would you be playing BFA lols.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    If you don't love pain why would you be playing BFA lols.
    Elemental shaman is amazeing in BFA my main that was a easy ? to answer.

How can you possibly think that 90% of the players won't be gone before level 20?

Let me guess you are one of the people that struggled even with the initial idea that there are a lot of people who want classic and will actually play it all the way through.
    I'd say more like 50-70% max out of millions that rushed the servers these days . That still leaves a lot of people still playing long term and enough full servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Sure, but they were rarely used in the live game. The majority of people who have used these types of addons are from the Private Server community. Either way, arguing about it is pointless. It's blatantly obvious that the majority of players don't want the addons to exist (or, at least, don't care), and Blizzard themselves don't either.
    If the majority of players didn't want them it would be very safe to keep them enabled, people just wouldn't use them.
    Disabling something that would have worked in vanilla is a change which the #nochanges crowd should be upset about. But we all know that #nochanges roughly translates to #fuckretail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Let me guess you are one of the people that struggled even with the initial idea that there are a lot of people who want classic and will actually play it all the way through.
    I'd say more like 50-70% max out of millions that rushed the servers these days . That still leaves a lot of people still playing long term and enough full servers.
    "a lot"

You have
    1. people who did play back then that are older now and can't devote the time.
    2. New players that will get bored very quick
    3. Old players that have no lives and are still riding that nostalgia wagon aka pserver crowd.

Only one of these groups are staying, and when the other two leave there will be a bunch of mostly dead servers with fractured communities because blizz over invested infrastructure. Good luck.

Elemental shaman is amazeing in BFA my main that was a easy ? to answer.
    So you like uncapped grinds and rng on top of your rng?

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    So you like uncapped grinds and rng on top of your rng?
    Yes or i wouldn't be playing a MMorpg in the first place never ending grinds ftw!

Yes or i wouldn't be playing a MMorpg in the first place never ending grinds ftw!
    Never existed in any popular mmo post evercrack. Doesn't exist in ff14 or swtor didn't exist in wow until legion and bfa where subs have taken a massive nose dive post check out new expac interest. Stuff like ap is not what the average players wants nor do they want gear that isn't in line with the challenge achieved. If you beat mythic Az and your bis trinket drops it should be omfg yes not oh well that's nice but I already have a 450 with a socket from heroic so yeah anyone want this unsocketed piece of junk?

Because again, most people didn't use this addon. Clearly if they did, people wouldn't have complained about LFG because what they were doing would have been even easier to do by that point. The general idea of how we played the game was through socializing and having a server identity.

Nothing is being ignored. People weren't as well informed back then. The internet wasn't nearly as good at spreading information about WoW. Hence, Classic players want to go back to that state of play. Some things are unavoidable though, like how players now are much better at the game in general.

Bloodsail Admiral Magical Mudcrab's Avatar
    If the majority of players didn't want them it would be very safe to keep them enabled, people just wouldn't use them.
    Disabling something that would have worked in vanilla is a change which the #nochanges crowd should be upset about. But we all know that #nochanges roughly translates to #fuckretail.
    It's because it would change the in-game dynamic. People always choose the path of least resistance, which is the problem. If this addon were allowed to exist in Classic, it would likely become pervasive and used by almost everyone, especially given that addons are trivial to download now. It would be such a massive QoL change that it would essentially be required for people wanting to progress their characters efficiently, which is essentially everyone. In fact, that's why it was banned: it would change the in-game dynamics too much in today's environment.

That said, even though in Vanilla addons like it did work, but it wasn't very common, which makes it a little disingenuous to use that as a defense. If it was something that was pervasive in Vanilla, then an argument could be had; however, both the WoW devs and a large portion of the playerbase say that these addons weren't common, making it antithetical to the design of Classic.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Because again, most people didn't use this addon. Clearly if they did, people wouldn't have complained about LFG because what they were doing would have been even easier to do by that point. The general idea of how we played the game was through socializing and having a server identity.

Nothing is being ignored. People weren't as well informed back then. The internet wasn't nearly as good at spreading information about WoW. Hence, Classic players want to go back to that state of play. Some things are unavoidable though, like how players now are much better at the game in general.
    Okay but still it was possible back then and the addons existed so this isn't an opinion, it's just a telling of facts, removing/disabling/changing things to prevent this from working is a direct change to vanilla wow for the sake of a change. You can repeat yourself over and over but your opinion doesn't matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    It's because it would change the in-game dynamic. People always choose the path of least resistance, which is the problem. If this addon were allowed to exist in Classic, it would likely become pervasive and used by almost everyone, especially given that addons are trivial to download now. It would be such a massive QoL change that it would essentially be required for people wanting to progress their characters efficiently, which is essentially everyone. In fact, that's why it was banned: it would change the in-game dynamics too much in today's environment.

That said, even though in Vanilla addons like it did work, but it wasn't very common, which makes it a little disingenuous to use that as a defense. If it was something that was pervasive in Vanilla, then an argument could be had; however, both the WoW devs and a large portion of the playerbase say that these addons weren't common, making it antithetical to the design of Classic.
    Again, people will just use discord servers to achieve the exact same thing.