Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Holy shit, that goalpost-moving.

1. Nobody plays vanilla for "10+ years" at a time. People play it on and off and take breaks.
    2. Earthbound is a single player JRPG, not an MMORPG.

Very few people have done this, so I'm not sure why you're trying to claim that it's somehow the norm.

Shoo, back to your precious Beta For Azerite.
    My point was people play and have continued to play WoW for years because of updates just like puzzles and what ever else people spend their spare time on. There was no goalpost moving. If retail went away how could classic be supported when everyone will eventually get bored because they have done everything. Sure some people might just let their subs renew automatically and not bother logging in for years or months at a time, but most people wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    From this post it sounds like you're putting everyone in the same boat and claiming no one will enjoy Classic, seemingly because you disagree. If so, that is complete nonsense.

However, if you're trying to say that *some* people look back at Vanilla and claim it's better without remembering it properly and are relying pretty much solely on that first time feeling, then I will agree with you.
    It's the second one. I definitely think lots of people are going to enjoy classic.

Quote Originally Posted by ifrah View Post
    Not saying they were same, as I don't recall doing the anniversary event, but doing an MC clear for whatever reason when it was well on farm, was an utterly awful yawnfest that was loathed and frowned upon, and for a good reason. Those speedruns from private servers hardly represent the reality of almost any guild clearing it back in days.
    But as long as it doesn't have the magic letters of LFR on it, people will be less harsh on it.
    Even private servers weren't accurate representations. A lot of abilities on private servers were made up values or entirely missing, this was true for most of the raids and all the outdoor mobs(and several proc items). Molten Core in Vanilla was difficult for what it was, at the time, compared to todays standards it's a bland raid however. It will still be difficult for quite some time, as the only reason it was easy on Private Servers was because you could literally get better gear from other sources and walk in and roll it, that will not be the case with Blizzard having unlock phases.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Molten Core Anniversary was nothing like Molten Core Vanilla. You could literally sleep through the Anniversary Molten Core. In fact, most people had no interest in doing it multiple times because of the vast amount of people who did AFK it, making it take longer for no real reward.

So while he shouldn't be comparing Music to Video Games, you shouldn't be comparing the first raid ever put into the game(which had several weeks of progression before guilds killed Ragnaros in the first place) to a heavily watered down LFR mess.
    The first molten core only took so long because it was bugged as hell.

When a new server launched, e.g. zulu it took 2 weeks for people to level up and kill ragnaros. Molten Core was easier than todays raids after the bugfixes and that's what 1.12 includes. Saying molten core was hard is just one of many things people remember wrong. Every boss was tank and spank and had just one ability like a fear or shit. Every 5-men dungeon boss today has more mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    All the time, I see people throwing around these bizarre and nonsensical reasons why Classic will "fail" and everyone will quit. You know the ones, "rose tinted glasses", "it's just nostalgia", "you're just trying to relive your childhood" and such. Like....is it impossible to simply enjoy a videogame? Not everything needs to have some deep, psychological ulterior motive behind it.
    Except your entire post reeks of deep psychological ulterior motive behind it. Here's the old games that I have played within the last few years that I subjectively enjoyed. Baldurs gate 1 and 2, neverwinter nights 1 (all as the enhanced editions) warcraft 2, starcraft (played the cartooned version recently) x-com (and I mean the 1995 x-com) x-com: Terror from the deep and probably more. Do you know how many threads I've started about it? NONE. Do you know how many posts I've made about it? Literally this one. That's the thing about people who aren't insecure. They don't HAVE to make stupid posts to justify their fun.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    The first molten core only took so long because it was bugged as hell.

When a new server launched, e.g. zulu it took 2 weeks for people to level up and kill ragnaros. Molten Core was easier than todays raids after the bugfixes and that's what 1.12 includes. Saying molten core was hard is just one of many things people remember wrong. Every boss was tank and spank and had just one ability like a fear or shit. Every 5-men dungeon boss today has more mechanic.
    Not once did I say it was hard, the difficulty was harder than the Anniversary event is what I said. Please don't put words in my mouth.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Theres an ongoing campaign on the internet to divide the playerbases, even though they have 0 interaction with each other.
    Even in game, players in retail cant resist gossiping about classic, and classic players cant resist gossiping/whining about retail.
    Back in the day it was alliance players vs horde players, nowadays everyone is bifactional so the newest "tribes" are team retail vs team classic.
    Tribalism is just a part of human nature.

Quote Originally Posted by ihate2beapessimist View Post
    and classic players cant resist gossiping/whining about retail.
    This is not a truthful statement. I've been on 3 of the Full Pop servers and not one have I seen people gossiping or whining about retail. I've seen the regular lv1 trolls posting in trade saying they're "bored of Classic" and that they're "going back onto retail" trying to stir up drama, but I've yet to see people talk shit about retail on Classic either in any zone or in trade chat that I've been a part of.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.