Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by retrogame View Post
    4 stages of problem solving. Understand the situation > identify the the root cause > Make a plan to resolve the root cause > execute and follow with feedback
    You: SKDMdifjsdiofjsdigjsidofjsdiogj
    You: Make a button to play the game for me

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It forces you to make friends if you want to avoid spamming the trade chat.
    but what if overwhelming majority dont want to make pretend-internet-friends

im sure that that level 20 rogue that you met in 1 dungeon will be your totes BFF for next 20 years

why do the 'NO CHANGES' classic retards ruin every fucking thread?
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    No it doesn’t. I add people on retail in pugs for mythic+, found via the LFG system so I can play with them again. Spamming /2 LFM is the exact same as typing into LFG “LFM” except with LFG tool, you can see all the groups that are LFM saving on spam.
    Yes it does. Without a LFG tool, you only have one way to avoid spamming trade chat and that is to use your friendlist and guild.

Yes it does. Without a LFG tool, you only have one way to avoid spamming trade chat and that is to use your friendlist and guild.
    But it doesn’t. With Legion and BFA, both having mythic +, I still have to go to the LFG tool to get groups. What’s hard to understand that?

Here is a thought for you, the person that can’t make friends in retail will not become some social bunny in classic. The person doesn’t change because the platform does. If that person is a dick or anti social, it won’t change in classic. Back in vanilla, people were still dicks, where do you think all the ninja looter memes came from?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    but what if overwhelming majority dont want to make pretend-internet-friends

im sure that that level 20 rogue that you met in 1 dungeon will be your totes BFF for next 20 years
    Friend is easier to write than “in-game acquaintance”. It still about social interactions

- - - Updated - - -

But it doesn’t. With Legion and BFA, both having mythic +, I still have to go to the LFG tool to get groups. What’s hard to understand that?

Here is a thought for you, the person that can’t make friends in retail will not become some social bunny in classic. The person doesn’t change because the platform does. If that person is a dick or anti social, it won’t change in classic. Back in vanilla, people were still dicks, where do you think all the ninja looter memes came from?
    But it does. You cannot generalize based on your own specific behavior.

In classic people are forced to make relations to friends and guild members if the want to avoid spamming trade chat. This is great!

as long as its a custom grp finder im fine with it.
    No automatic bullshit.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    I perfectly understand the situation. And I presented you a solution.

Besides, classic is not a game for alts. If you want to progress your main, you are not going to have time for an alt.

Look, it is over. Retail crybabies have lost. You will not ruin our experience. Go back to BfA if you want QoL.

Stop harassing our experience. We want true vanilla experience and not something that it will kinda look like it.
    lmao.. progressing your main... theres NOTHING to do in classic.

If you want LFG you can play a game where LFG is introduced for like 10 years - it's called RETAIL. In Classic there is no LFG and never will be, so either you adapt to Classic rules or go back to your LFG game which Retail is. That simple.

Here is what you do to find a tank within 5 minutes:

1. Type in chat /who warrior xx-xx (xx = level range for the dungeon)
    1a. You can also do this nifty trick on druids and paladins (for Alliance) if you can't find a warrior representative, although that is unlikely giving the extreme popularity of Classic at this moment.

2. Right click on any of the warriors currently not in a dungeon zone, for example Crossroads, Orgrimmar etc. and select whisper.

3. Type in a polite message such as: "Hey, I am sorry to disturb you but would you be interested in tanking dungeon xy (xy = name of dungeon), we have trouble finding a tank. "

4. Now highlight the underlined message "Hey, I am sorry to disturb you but would you be interested in tanking dungeon xy (xy = name of dungeon), we have trouble finding a tank. " and copy it with CTRL+C, do the same for other warriors by pasting the message with CTRL+V, I suggest 4-5 whispers per attempt to find a tank so you don't get overwhelmed with whispers.

5. Enjoy your new tank!

P.S.: You can copy my example message if you have trouble formulating a similar one, it has 100% success rate!
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-09-02 at 09:43 AM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

how can you be anti social on a literal video game?

"Oh no, I'm too social inept, I can't type in chat because I'm so introvert. I can't write 'thank you' or 'pls invite me for X' bc I'm very shy and I begin to s-s-s-s-tut-t-t-ter in-n-n c-c-hat"

Right. It's a VERY bad idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rips View Post
    lmao.. progressing your main... theres NOTHING to do in classic.
    You have:
    2 dungeon sets
    3 tier sets
    3 faction sets
    2 pvp sets
    14 ranks
    raid attunements
    epic mount

to go after.

SO MUCH NOTHING!

What a troll, go back to your cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    If you want LFG you can play a game where LFG is introduced for like 10 years - it's called RETAIL. In Classic there is no LFG and never will be, so either you adapt to Classic rules or go back to your LFG game which Retail is. That simple.
    Changes or no changes?

Vanilla had an lfg addon

I wouldn't mind a simple interface where people can sign up for dungeons / group quests or just questing. But nothing automated, if you look for a group to Deadmines, you'll have to whisper and talk to those who also signed up for it.

Kind of like moving the LFG /1 /2 and World chat to a simple interface instead.

Join #world
    LFM 1 dps and 1 heal for "insert dungeon here"
    invite classes you want
    profit

Every group takes around 5 minutes to make. Even als solo dps at the moment.

Talk to people, play good and do your job. You will find friends and even a guild in no time and don't have to look so much for random people in worldchat anymore. Thats how I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by retrogame View Post
    The LFG addon for new players that have started 1 year later after Classic launch is not a bad idea.

I speak from my own personal experience. I have started playing WoW mid TBC and the experience was horrible even at high pop realm.
    The point is, it was WAY WAY harder and time consuming to find lowbies, because everyone was level 70 and raiding, this will eventually happen in classic.

At launch, WoW Classic experience will be really easy for you, because everyone is levelling and everyone will be willing to party up without wasting time to complete the content. Fast-forward 1 year later, this will be waay harder for new players, so and LFG system that can be used DURING LEVELING ONLY, is not a bad idea 1 year later from now.

Little hypocrisy within the WoW Classic community ; "Disable LFG, but allow Quest helper" which these are on the same tier. They both help you with levelling.
    The idea to use a LFG tool for lvling later on when people are mostly raiding or doing lvl 60 content makes a lot of sense. But I would limit it even more. Make it a board in the city where you can add a LFG/LFM post. People can look it up and join and when the grp has reached the right amount of people it gets removed.

Why this way? Because it means you can't just replace someone via a tool mid instance because you don't like him or think he is too bad. That is part of WOW and getting through it. Learn th guy how to play, overperform even more, try different strats or do it the long way, kick him and start using the chat till someone gets back into the city to post a new LFM for a replacement.

I think a LFG/LFM board in each major city would be fine. It keeps the feeling of classic but allows others to find players without having to wait in the city all the time. You can't make a post from outside of the city and you can't change one from far away (except deleting).
    Last edited by Xyltin-Laav; 2019-09-02 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    Find a guild. Make friends.

Problem solved.
    This. Simple as that. Or then again... don't play Classic if you're not willing to do those things and socialize?
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Friend is easier to write than “in-game acquaintance”. It still about social interactions

- - - Updated - - -

But it does. You cannot generalize based on your own specific behavior.

In classic people are forced to make relations to friends and guild members if the want to avoid spamming trade chat. This is great!
    So you can only make “friends” because people are forced to talk to you? Take your own advice, You cannot generalize based on your own specific behavior.