Page 1 of 26
... LastLast

LFG addon is not a bad idea.

The LFG addon for new players that have started 1 year later after Classic launch is not a bad idea.

I speak from my own personal experience. I have started playing WoW mid TBC and the experience was horrible even at high pop realm.
    The point is, it was WAY WAY harder and time consuming to find lowbies, because everyone was level 70 and raiding, this will eventually happen in classic.

At launch, WoW Classic experience will be really easy for you, because everyone is levelling and everyone will be willing to party up without wasting time to complete the content. Fast-forward 1 year later, this will be waay harder for new players, so and LFG system that can be used DURING LEVELING ONLY, is not a bad idea 1 year later from now.

Little hypocrisy within the WoW Classic community ; "Disable LFG, but allow Quest helper" which these are on the same tier. They both help you with levelling.
    Last edited by retrogame; 2019-08-24 at 11:32 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Find a guild. Make friends.

Problem solved.

OFC it is and they shouldn't have cut off retail LFG panel to begin with. Same goes for modern Qest tracker and few other QoL thinks people will download addons for.
    Its just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    Find a guild. Make friends.

Problem solved.
    4 stages of problem solving. Understand the situation > identify the the root cause > Make a plan to resolve the root cause > execute and follow with feedback
    You: SKDMdifjsdiofjsdigjsidofjsdiogj

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by retrogame View Post
    4 stages of problem solving. Understand the situation > identify the the root cause > Make a plan to resolve the root cause > execute and follow with feedback
    I perfectly understand the situation. And I presented you a solution.

Besides, classic is not a game for alts. If you want to progress your main, you are not going to have time for an alt.

Look, it is over. Retail crybabies have lost. You will not ruin our experience. Go back to BfA if you want QoL.

Stop harassing our experience. We want true vanilla experience and not something that it will kinda look like it.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    OFC it is and they shouldn't have cut off retail LFG panel to begin with. Same goes for modern Qest tracker and few other QoL thinks people will download addons for.
    Its just dumb.
    The addon that literally helps you with questing, the addon that gives you markers in the map and saves when you mined copper mine, what is the different between a pure LFG channel in WoW and a LFG interface??? I mean I don't understand the backlash

- - - Updated - - -

I perfectly understand the situation. And I presented you a solution.

Besides, classic is not a game for alts. If you want to progress your main, you are not going to have time for an alt.

Look, it is over. Retail crybabies have lost. You will not ruin our experience. Go back to BfA if you want QoL.

Stop harassing our experience. We want true vanilla experience and not something that it will kinda look like it.
    Thats not a solution. That's your "Don't like it, tough luck" mindset. The SOLUTION to my thread post, is to allow LFG type features after 1 year of Classic launch.

Quest helper helps you with quests
    Gatherer helps you with nodes the mini map and saves them for you to farm in the future
    LFG tool after 1 year will help new players find dungeon grps, when you will be spamming raids and having a blast at lvl 60, not caring about the lowbies. GG.

Do we really need another thread on this?

Blizz made a reasonable decision to avoid the death of 1000 cuts situation that happened to retail WoW, they arent making that same mistake again.

7+ Year Old Account
    The addon that literally helps you with questing, the addon that gives you markers in the map and saves when you mined copper mine, what is the different between a pure LFG channel in WoW and a LFG interface??? I mean I don't understand the backlash

- - - Updated - - -

Thats not a solution. That's your "Don't like it, tough luck" mindset. The SOLUTION to my thread post, is to allow LFG type features after 1 year of Classic launch.

Quest helper helps you with quests
    Gatherer helps you with nodes the mini map and saves them for you to farm in the future
    LFG tool after 1 year will help new players find dungeon grps, when you will be spamming raids and having a blast at lvl 60, not caring about the lowbies. GG.

Then vanilla is unfortunately not for you. You are not obliged to play it if you feel it lacks QoL features.

We were perfectly aware what we were asking from Blizzard. The authentic game without the automation tools that retail has.

If an add-on automates things, then it should be prohibited.

Helping != Automation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Do we really need another thread on this?

Blizz made a reasonable decision to avoid the death of 1000 cuts situation that happened to retail WoW, they arent making that same mistake again.
    Totally a different thread but same topic.

Well, in Vanilla those types of features were available, its just that no one made an add on for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Then vanilla is unfortunately not for you. You are not obliged to play it if you feel it lacks QoL features.

We were perfectly aware what we were asking from Blizzard. The authentic game without the automation tools that retail has.

If an add-on automates things, then it should be prohibited.

Helping != Automation.

Vanilla fortunately is for me as for everyone. I am obliged to play a game that I like. WoW Vanilla had good systems and bad ones, it's not matter of opinion on this issue. No one LIKES bad systems. QoL to a point is good. Your experience playing classic will be far easier, than someone who starts 1 year of now. Addons that help players like that will be beneficial.

As I said, after 1 year, you will not give a shit about lowbies, as a matter of fact you probably be toxic to them and ignore them. In BFA lowbies don't need a helping hand, because LFG is there.

The LFG addon for new players that have started 1 year later after Classic launch is not a bad idea.
    We managed just fine without it at the time.

Now fuck off and go back to retail instead of trying to ruin the game for those who actually want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    We managed just fine without it at the time.

Now fuck off and go back to retail instead of trying to ruin the game for those who actually want it.
    You managed. Don't say 'we', just makes you more of a dumbass.
    I ain't going no where.

7+ Year Old Account
    Totally a different thread but same topic.

Well, in Vanilla those types of features were available, its just that no one made an add on for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Vanilla fortunately is for me as for everyone. I am obliged to play a game that I like. WoW Vanilla had good systems and bad ones, it's not matter of opinion on this issue. No one LIKES bad systems. QoL to a point is good. Your experience playing classic will be far easier, than someone who starts 1 year of now. Addons that help players like that will be beneficial.

As I said, after 1 year, you will not give a shit about lowbies, as a matter of fact you probably be toxic to them and ignore them. In BFA lowbies don't need a helping hand, because LFG is there.

Pokémon black and white has more QoL and gameplay enhancements than red and blue. But sometimes I want to play red and blue, and I have this option by inserting the corresponding cartridge.

I don't whine on Nintendo to put the same QoL features on red/blue , I am aware of what I am playing.

I want the same vanilla experience and I will not anyone harass it.

Pokémon black and white has more QoL and gameplay enhancements than red and blue. But sometimes I want to play red and blue, and I have this option by inserting the corresponding cartridge.

I don't whine on Nintendo to put the same QoL features on red/blue , I am aware of what I am playing.

I want the same vanilla experience and I will not anyone harass it.
    There you go, you mentioned "options". Your option is to hardcore wow classic for that experience, but after a year, you might get an option to do LFG, because leveling will be way slower than you think now.

This exact type of mindset is what got us BfA. If you don't like how the game works, don't play it. Nobody is forcing you to play, and all this whining from players whenever a game isn't exactly as how they want it and demand changes.

Go play retail for all your QoL changes, let us who wants classic as it was play it. I had no problems whatsoever finding groups while leveling any of my alts, either on retail servers or on private servers. You're just lazy, or incapable of making friends in the game. That's how you find groups in classic. Don't want to interract with people, don't play classic.

The authentic game without the automation tools that retail has.
    Original Vanilla had shit like Decursive and automated healing addons that weren't patched out until TBC, but addon that parses chat is too automated?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

You managed. Don't say 'we', just makes you more of a dumbass.
    Everyone who was not some anti-social dickhead could manage. If you couldn't, then that explain a lot why you want to include LFG shit that destroyed the community.
    I ain't going no where.
    Then adapt to others instead of trying to make everyone else adapt to you. You have retail if you want automated shit. You have Classic if you can make the effort to communicate with people.

Man, this is actually so funny. Don't pretend like finding people to play with is some kind of a problem, even in Classic lol. Just do what @Drpizka said: find friends, guild or some kind of community you can play with, and that solves the problem. Leave that psychological bullshit of "problem-solving stages" alone

And yeah, this is really THAT easy. At the beginning of Classic, there will be tons of people playing with you. By the way, the thing that killed socializing aspect of this game (retail) was actually the LFG stuff they introduced I am so happy to get my hands on the pure, classic version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by lachlol View Post
    Man, this is actually so funny. Don't pretend like finding people to play with is some kind of a problem, even in Classic lol. Just do what @Drpizka said: find friends, guild or some kind of community you can play with, and that solves the problem. Leave that psychological bullshit of "problem-solving stages" alone

And yeah, this is really THAT easy. At the beginning of Classic, there will be tons of people playing with you. By the way, the thing that killed socializing aspect of this game (retail) was actually the LFG stuff they introduced I am so happy to get my hands on the pure, classic version of the game.
    It will be hard to do it when all are 60 and someone new starts playing classic, what is your response to that player? "LOL DONT PLAY?"

7+ Year Old Account
    There you go, you mentioned "options". Your option is to hardcore wow classic for that experience, but after a year, you might get an option to do LFG, because leveling will be way slower than you think now.
    Option to play the game I want, not how to play the game.

Until now, I didn't have the option to play classic unless I was a pirate.

Option to play the game I want, not how to play the game.

Until now, I didn't have the option to play classic unless I was a pirate.
    There you go, even better. You'll have more options playing the game rather than going to a different game.
    Then wait for Classic, play it, gain 60 lvl in 1 month or less and wait 11 months for a LFG addon to help new players with a problem. Problem is not enough lowbies to do the leveling content.