Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I started wow late 2005 near the end of vanilla and had no issues getting leveling groups for dungeons...

15+ Year Old Account
    Just tell me what's wrong with LFG channel people are using to find groups?

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    how can you be anti social on a literal video game?

"Oh no, I'm too social inept, I can't type in chat because I'm so introvert. I can't write 'thank you' or 'pls invite me for X' bc I'm very shy and I begin to s-s-s-s-tut-t-t-ter in-n-n c-c-hat"
    Not sure what you are trying to say, but anti social is more than just that, I hope you know this. Toxicity is a form of anti social behaviour for example. You are actually a perfect example of anti social behaviour, you contributed nothing but purely to “troll”.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Not sure what you are trying to say, but anti social is more than just that, I hope you know this. Toxicity is a form of anti social behaviour for example. You are actually a perfect example of anti social behaviour, you contributed nothing but purely to “troll”.
    since when toxicity is a form of anti social? Toxicity is literally the oposite of anti-social. You're socializing with others, wether you like what they're saying or not. being quiet because you're shy is anti social bc you're not engaging with others. I'll repeat, how can you be like this on a virtual game when you're just 1 more anonimous pixel in the internet?

We havent even begun to ruin your vanilla exp.By the time next phase comes you will have all QoL stuff that you have on retail.LFG,quest tracker,aoe loot,transmog....hell maybe we even go for achievements XD.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    since when toxicity is a form of anti social? Toxicity is literally the oposite of anti-social. You're socializing with others, wether you like what they're saying or not. being quiet because you're shy is anti social bc you're not engaging with others. I'll repeat, how can you be like this on a virtual game when you're just 1 more anonimous pixel in the internet?
    Toxicity is not anti social? Then an ASBO must be named incorrectly

So you can only make “friends” because people are forced to talk to you? Take your own advice, You cannot generalize based on your own specific behavior.
    I didn't mention myself in any of my posts. You did.

Classic need to be as inconvenient for anti-social players as possible. Not having LFG available is really annoying for anti-social players which is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post

Classic need to be as inconvenient for anti-social players as possible. Not having LFG available is really annoying for anti-social players which is great!
    But it doesn’t. Just because you spam LFM doesn’t mean you are sociable. The LFG addon that was broken, is not cross realm so you still have your realm community. What “social element” is removed?

But it doesn’t. Just because you spam LFM doesn’t mean you are sociable. The LFG addon that was broken, is not cross realm so you still have your realm community. What “social element” is removed?
    Having to spam trade chat to find groups is really annoying and it SHOULD be annoying because you're not meant to find groups this way. You're meant to socialize with your guild and find "friends" while you're leveling. Then your friendlist and guild becomes your "LFG". This way you build social bonds while having a lot of people you can group up with for dungeons. Simple. It's a win-win situation.

You need to learn how to communicate with other people without getting so aggressive.
    I respond according to the level of nonsense I'm presented with. You keep making with the mental gymnastics, I'm going to treat your arguments with the exact amount of respect it deserves.

Classic forces social behavior and how does it do that? By making it really annoying and inconvenient to be anti-social.
    And you keep assuming that the only way to accomplish promotion or encouragement of social aspects of the game is by using the most primitive tools possible. Worse, you assume that other systems besides spamming a global channel actively HARM social interaction.

The entire premise of your point of view is based on extremely shaky logic.

Getting through Classic is going to be really annoying if you don’t make friends while leveling. This is great! The game pushes you to make friends by giving you a hard time if you don’t.
    Completely false, again.

You can quite easily reach level 60 without ever grouping. In fact, outside of cutting down on the wait to tag a slow-spawning quest mob, soloing is often faster if you know your class.

A LFG tool will give anti-social people a better time in Classic and therefore it should NOT be added. The game need to be as inconvenient to anti-social people as possible
    Seriously...what the fuck did I just read? You're actively promoting the alienation of potential players. You WANT to drive players away simply because they don't fit your personal very narrow definition of how someone SHOULD play.

Who defines "anti-social", anyway? You? What is it, then....anyone who doesn't group up according to your own list of specifications?

This is why I get angry with posts like yours. You're not interested in having a better game for the entire community, or in the overall health of the game. You just want everyone to conform to your ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Here is what you do to find a tank within 5 minutes:

1. Type in chat /who warrior xx-xx (xx = level range for the dungeon)
    1a. You can also do this nifty trick on druids and paladins (for Alliance) if you can't find a warrior representative, although that is unlikely giving the extreme popularity of Classic at this moment.

2. Right click on any of the warriors currently not in a dungeon zone, for example Crossroads, Orgrimmar etc. and select whisper.

3. Type in a polite message such as: "Hey, I am sorry to disturb you but would you be interested in tanking dungeon xy (xy = name of dungeon), we have trouble finding a tank. "

4. Now highlight the underlined message "Hey, I am sorry to disturb you but would you be interested in tanking dungeon xy (xy = name of dungeon), we have trouble finding a tank. " and copy it with CTRL+C, do the same for other warriors by pasting the message with CTRL+V, I suggest 4-5 whispers per attempt to find a tank so you don't get overwhelmed with whispers.

5. Enjoy your new tank!

P.S.: You can copy my example message if you have trouble formulating a similar one, it has 100% success rate!
    Yes, because pestering every single person who's playing a warrior, tank spec or not, is MUCH better and more healthy of a social interaction than actually creating better social tools(like an actual group-management UI) so that people with similar interests can more easily find each other.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-09-02 at 03:12 PM.

"Anti-social" means people who won't grace you with their attention, apparently.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    I wouldn't mind a simple interface where people can sign up for dungeons / group quests or just questing. But nothing automated, if you look for a group to Deadmines, you'll have to whisper and talk to those who also signed up for it.

Kind of like moving the LFG /1 /2 and World chat to a simple interface instead.
    That's pretty much what I've been arguing in favor for. But apparently nothing can be changed about Classic. Even the bad shit.

Which is funny, because all these purists just kind of glaze over when you point out the things that Blizzard has already changed. :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    This. Simple as that. Or then again... don't play Classic if you're not willing to do those things and socialize?
    Contacting a group leader via a group-management UI is the same as contacting a group leader spamming in trade. In both cases you have to talk to the group leader.

How is this a difficult concept for so many people?

- - - Updated - - -

This sounds more like you just hate a certain type of player. Your dislike for "anti-social" players does not justify your stance. It just makes you kind of an a-hole.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I respond according to the level of nonsense I'm presented with. You keep making with the mental gymnastics, I'm going to treat your arguments with the exact amount of respect it deserves.

And you keep assuming that the only way to accomplish promotion or encouragement of social aspects of the game is by using the most primitive tools possible. Worse, you assume that other systems besides spamming a global channel actively HARM social interaction.

The entire premise of your point of view is based on extremely shaky logic.

Completely false, again.

You can quite easily reach level 60 without ever grouping. In fact, outside of cutting down on the wait to tag a slow-spawning quest mob, soloing is often faster if you know your class.

Seriously...what the fuck did I just read? You're actively promoting the alienation of potential players. You WANT to drive players away simply because they fit your personal very narrow definition of how someone SHOULD play.

Who defines "anti-social", anyway? You? What is it, then....anyone who doesn't group up according to your own list of specifications?

This is why I get angry with posts like yours. You're not interested in having a better game for the entire community, or in the overall health of the game. You just want everyone to conform to your ideas.
    Calm down. You're way too aggressive. Be civil.

The whole thing is very simple. When making a group in WoW you have 3 options:

1) Ask strangers

2) Ask people on your friend list

3) Ask people from your guild

Blizzard want you to choose option 2 or 3 in Classic and therefore they make option 1 very inconvenient. Simple.

Option 2 is good because it requires you to build a friend list which is great for the game as a MMORPG.

Option 3 is good because it requires you to socially interact with your guild.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-09-02 at 03:16 PM.

I find this an incredibly amusing thing to say when people were calling other people autistic for wanting a LFG addon in the game earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    This sounds more like you just hate a certain type of player. Your dislike for "anti-social" players does not justify your stance. It just makes you kind of an a-hole.
    Well.. Classic is a social game.. If you don't want to interact socially with other players outside of talking about dungeon tactics, then Classic is probably not the best game for you. Not my opinion. Facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I find this an incredibly amusing thing to say when people were calling other people autistic for wanting a LFG addon in the game earlier in the thread.
    What? I never did that!

I never said you did and you know it.

Don't act dumb.

There really is no reasoning with the classic nazis, I'm not sure why folks even try.

Honestly, all this complaining about socializing is a bunch of baloney, as if you can't socialize in retail.

Seriously though, thank god for classic servers where classic nazis can gather and argue with each other over who is enjoying the game the correct way. They want everyone to play the game exactly the way they feel it should be played, with no exception, no deviation. If you have fun in a way not prescribed, I'm guessing they will report you. Classic nazis don't like freedom, freedom is like kryptonite.

I'm sure in a couple years, once they can't stand looking at the same dungeons, raids and quests anymore, they will have all the time in the world for socializing your hearts desire.

- P

You really DO have issues with controlling how other people act, don't you? WoW!

The whole thing is very simple. When making a group in WoW you have 3 options:

1) Ask strangers

2) Ask people on your friend list

3) Ask people from your guild

Blizzard want you to choose option 2 or 3 in Classic and therefore they make option 1 very inconvenient. Simple.

Option 2 is good because it requires you to build a friend list which is great for the game as a MMORPG.

Option 3 is good because it requires you to socially interact with your guild.
    It's funny, because options 2 and 3 have UI elements to help keep them organized.

And Blizzard doesn't want 1 to be inconvenient. They're catering to Nosalgia due to the demand of the private server players, and those people who may have jumped on the purist bandwagon.

Make no mistake, the lack of a group-management UI isn't because it's better for the game. It's literally just to promote nostalgia. Blizzard even said this in their official post, pointing out how they would have kept the modern Premade Group Finder interface!

[bluepost]we intend to be very careful about allowing add-on functionality that might undermine aspects of the social dynamics that are core to the Classic experience, even in cases like this where it’s clear that the addon author had no ill intent and was simply trying to provide a service to the Classic community. Ultimately, if a streamlined group-finding system was something we considered compatible with Classic, we would have kept the modern Premade Group Finder tool rather than choosing to remove it from the Classic client[/bluepost]

When they talk about it being "compatible with Classic", they're referring to preserving the nostalgic experience. And I hate to break it to you, but nostalgia is an extremely limited resource. And what I find most interesting is that later on down the road in the patch history of vanilla, Blizzard made several attempts to shore up the weakness of finding groups: The meeting stones, and the group functionality of the innkeepers. They simply didn't have the technology or the design experience to do it right.

Now they do.

You're fighting for something that WILL die off sooner or later. Enjoy your purist idiocy while it lasts, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Thank you!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Toxicity is not anti social? Then an ASBO must be named incorrectly
    never heard of asbo

Well.. Classic is a social game.. If you don't want to interact socially with other players outside of talking about dungeon tactics, then Classic is probably not the best game for you. Not my opinion. Facts.

Anyone who disagrees with you now doesn't want to socially interact, and should leave the game because it's not for them?

How many times have I pointed out that a group-listing tool WOULD STILL REQUIRE YOU TO TALK TO THE GROUP!?

Do I need to break out the crayons here?

Nevermind, we're done here. It's obvious that you're blatantly wrong, but don't want to admit it.