Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    When is next DMF?

    Short question since the ingame calendar does not show it: When is the next Darkmoon Faire starting? August 1st or August 8th? [edit]september obviously[/edit]

    Thanks!
    Last edited by Puri; 2019-08-24 at 12:40 PM.

  2. #2
    i hate to break it to you, but both of those dates are currently in the past so neither. Also to actually answer the question, DMF is usually the first Sunday of the month. So the next Darkmoon Fair should be on September 1st.
    Last edited by Multitorix Davlen; 2019-08-24 at 12:40 PM. Reason: I cant calendar
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

  3. #3
    It´s always the first sunday of the month. Always.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Multitorix Davlen View Post
    i hate to break it to you, but both of those dates are currently in the past so neither. Also to actually answer the question, DMF is usually the first Sunday of the month. So the next Darkmoon Fair should be on September 8st.
    Oh thanks, fixed the op. But why September 8th and not 1st then?

  5. #5
    Pandaren Monk Shuji V2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    東京都杉並区
    Posts
    1,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Oh thanks, fixed the op. But why September 8th and not 1st then?
    During the first week of each month, convenient Darkmoon Faire outposts with Darkmoon Portals will appear in Elwynn Forest and Mulgore, offering free rides to Darkmoon Island and the Faire! Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/events/darkmoon-faire

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Short question since the ingame calendar does not show it: When is the next Darkmoon Faire starting? August 1st or August 8th? [edit]september obviously[/edit]

    Thanks!
    If you open the calendar look in the upper right corner to the left of the close X and you'll see a filters menu. Click it and you can turn on Darkmoon Faire, active raid lockouts, weekly holidays, and pvp brawls and have them appear on the calendar.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    During the first week of each month, convenient Darkmoon Faire outposts with Darkmoon Portals will appear in Elwynn Forest and Mulgore, offering free rides to Darkmoon Island and the Faire! Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/events/darkmoon-faire
    Thanks, but that's the question since in some parts of the world the week starts on monday and in others on sunday, and there is no international norm on what the first week of a month is. According to the ISO norm it's the first week of the month starting on a monday that includes a thursday. Other countries say the first week of the month is that includes the 1st of the month, others say it's the first week that's entirely in the first month depending what your starting weekday is.

    But since Blizzard is a US based company we can assume what others already have written that it's according to the US custom, which means it's the first week that's entirely in a month starting on a sunday, which in this case means it's on September 1st.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    If you open the calendar look in the upper right corner to the left of the close X and you'll see a filters menu. Click it and you can turn on Darkmoon Faire, active raid lockouts, weekly holidays, and pvp brawls and have them appear on the calendar.
    Not to seem ungrateful for your help but obviously that's the first thing I did.

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer Huntaer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Sanctuary
    Posts
    3,434
    Patch confirmed!.... i wish. But, why not.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

  9. #9
    I am also looking on my calendar and the DMF is not showing. Even when I filter out everything but the DMF. It does not exist on the calendar as of now.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Oh thanks, fixed the op. But why September 8th and not 1st then?
    I put the 8th initially because im terrible at reading my own calendar. Fixed my own post!
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Not to seem ungrateful for your help but obviously that's the first thing I did.
    "Short question since the ingame calendar does not show it"

    That was your OP.

  12. #12
    Darkmoon fiare would be more interesting if it was random, and could appear at any time.. but in reality blizzard fixes it tosome celestial event, like every new moon , or something that appears like its random but isn't

    You just have to keep logging in and checking when it's on

  13. #13
    It's likely that the patch will come out before the end of this month so they can put the dates in the calendar. 8.2.5 isn't that full of content anyway, just anniversary stuff, new models for Worgen/Goblin and Party sync.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    "Short question since the ingame calendar does not show it"

    That was your OP.
    Yes, because it doesn't show it?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Yes, because it doesn't show it?
    So you say it doesn't show it. So I tell you how to make it show it. So you respond with "Thanks, but I already knew that?" Whatever floats your boat.

  16. #16
    Legendary! FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    6,840
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    It´s always the first sunday of the month. Always.
    I'm pretty sure, the official start day is "The sunday before the first monday of the month", which means it can start the very last day of a month, if monday is the 1st.
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2019-08-25 at 12:18 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Not to seem ungrateful for your help but obviously that's the first thing I did.
    Obviously....right.

    Because it was so obvious that someone who doesn't know how to use Google, knew about the calendar filters.
    Last edited by ablib; 2019-08-25 at 12:18 AM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    So you say it doesn't show it. So I tell you how to make it show it. So you respond with "Thanks, but I already knew that?" Whatever floats your boat.
    Huh. Hilariously, I'm actually looking at my calendar right now and it's not showing up for me either. Interesting bug.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I'm pretty sure, the official start day is "The sunday before the first monday of the month", which means it can start the very last day of a month, if monday is the 1st.
    Pretty sure its not. DMF has never started at the end of a month.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    So you say it doesn't show it. So I tell you how to make it show it. So you respond with "Thanks, but I already knew that?" Whatever floats your boat.
    Sorry, but are you joking? You see in the very screenshot in this thread that the option is checked and yet the ingame calendar does not show it. It shows no DMF after August 2019.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •