Reputation decay in classic ?

Hello .

As title say is there reputation decay in classic ? seems in vanilla if you did a grey quest u got about 20% of original rep reward .

I'm interested in getting exalted with Darnasus as human and was wondering if i had to move to NE starting area at lvl 1 and do their quest at "yellow" lvl range to gain full rep .

Yes it exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Yes it exists.
    Did they confirm with any blue post ? Cause at start of beta it gave full rep but got decay with WSG patch . So i wonder if decay exist right at start when it goes alive .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    Hello .

As title say is there reputation decay in classic ? seems in vanilla if you did a grey quest u got about 20% of original rep reward .

I'm interested in getting exalted with Darnasus as human and was wondering if i had to move to NE starting area at lvl 1 and do their quest at "yellow" lvl range to gain full rep .
    This existed until Cata so yeah. You can turn in 60 Cloth to an NPC to raise your Rep with the playable factions. It's a repeatable quest so you could farm stacks of cloth, then turn them in en masse for Rep.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    This existed until Cata so yeah. You can turn in 60 Cloth to an NPC to raise your Rep with the playable factions. It's a repeatable quest so you could farm stacks of cloth, then turn them in en masse for Rep.
    Cloth farm was the easier way in my opinion. It took a lot of time, but hey, got netflix now to keep you entertained, and other rarer drops could net some gold off the AH. Gonna need that. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Cloth farm was the easier way in my opinion. It took a lot of time, but hey, got netflix now to keep you entertained, and other rarer drops could net some gold off the AH. Gonna need that. A lot.
    But doesn't cloth donate thingy come in later phases ? like 6 month in . If a human want his first mount to be saber he gotta go the quest way

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    afaik youu get less experience, but the same amount of reputation.

10+ Year Old Account
    But doesn't cloth donate thingy come in later phases ? like 6 month in . If a human want his first mount to be saber he gotta go the quest way
    If there is no other way to get rep besides quests for the first months until they introduce cloth donation. Then it will be imposible to get a mount for another race, right? Because you will only get up to around reverded until you've done all the quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    If there is no other way to get rep besides quests for the first months until they introduce cloth donation. Then it will be imposible to get a mount for another race, right? Because you will only get up to around reverded until you've done all the quests.
    Well there was a youtube video of somedude saying if u go to Nightelves start area right at start and do all NE quest at their level u can get exalted at lvl 42.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there was a youtube video of somedude saying if u go to Nightelves start area right at start and do all NE quest at their level u can get exalted at lvl 42.
    Ah... yeah have fun farming those seeds then I guess :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Agreed.

The fringe benefits while farming cloth in higher level dungeons can't be underestimated. More so when you have a Bank Alt. You can just head to the nearest mailbox, mail it to the Bank alt and then get back at it. It's far more efficient than Hearthing to Org/SW and then still having to travel back to the dungeon you were farming. BRD, BRS, Strat, WC, Maradon, BFD, Uldaman, SM as Alliance and VC as Horde are a few examples that come to mind.

In case it needs to be said, VC = Deadmines and DM = Dire Maul for those who don't know.

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    OMG, the freakin cloth farm again. "Bring us a bazillion magweave & we will like you enough to sell you some mounts."

Be my guest, if it matters that much. GL having the gold to buy riding and mounts though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendChris View Post
    OMG, the freakin cloth farm again. "Bring us a bazillion magweave & we will like you enough to sell you some mounts."
    Wrath was awesome for farming Rep with the pre-Cata playable Factions (excluding the Ebon Blade unless you're a DK). You could Champion a faction at the Argent Tournament Grounds and get Exalted pretty quickly.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Wrath was awesome for farming Rep with the pre-Cata playable Factions (excluding the Ebon Blade unless you're a DK). You could Champion a faction at the Argent Tournament Grounds and get Exalted pretty quickly.
    Noooooo! You had to bring up the Argent Tournament. I played that for months on end to get all of the mounts/pets.

Just roll a Night Elf. You'd have to do every single Darnassus quest available to reach Exalted and you'd probably still be farming Runecloth for the majority of Revered. Running the Menethil Marathon is a pain in the ass at level 10 I can't imagine how bad it would be at lvl 1, that'll be the first hour of your gameplay alone just getting to Teldrassil.

Also if you're playing a Mage it'll probably be faster/easier to wait and AoE farm Runecloth at 60. There are certain locations that can net hundreds of cloth per hour and it would save you scouring the whole world for every Night Elf quest.
    Alternatively get the PvP mount when it becomes available. It's the best looking Nightsaber anyway

The downside in the PvP mount is that grinding the rank required might be quite painful, depending of course on the server you're playing in. Anyway it won't be light I'm quite certain, and you can't really afford any off-weeks or even too many off-days in it towards the end. Cloth farm, as mind-numbingly awful it will be, at least gives you that luxury. If there's any other rewards in the PvP prize pool that you're after, then might indeed be worth at least seeing how it goes for you.

Unless you get yourself to level from the get go in Teldrassil and focus on playing thru every possible NE zone, you're looking for a massive, massive grind.

Low level quests used to give only 20% amount until patch 2.0.1

Low level mobs still used to give 20% until patch 3.0.8

Wowhead isn't showing any reputation decay on their website when you change the lvl turn in?