Classic WoW Shaman and Totem Twisting

Totem Twisting is a pretty special playstyle for Shaman in Classic WoW. You are supposed to time Windfury and Grace of Air Totems so that the buffs stack properly in a specific sequence. Can this be done by just by "eyeballing it" or is there any Addons or Weakauras to support this playstyle? Any suggestions?

I never played Shaman in Vanilla or when this playstyle was expected so I don't really know what it feels like to play with Totem Twisting. It's probably mostly a late/endgame thing but it's best to be prepared from the get-go.

I tried it for a bit in BC and it was tedious and boring. Further more, windfury totems effect dorsnt apply to rogue wrapons if they have a poison on it. Hopefully you'll group with a rogue that understands that wf totems buff is better than the poison on his offhand, otherwise it'll be a hole lot of trouble for lttle to no effect.

You want to time it pretty well to maintain 100% uptime on Windfury and maximize uptime of Grace of Air. You can eye ball it but I would highly recommend an addon(Not sure what will be available for Classic WoW API) to monitor the weapon enhancement timer.

Just keep in mind Windfury only lasts like 9 seconds and dropping totems breaks MP5 rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Canield View Post
    You want to time it pretty well to maintain 100% uptime on Windfury and maximize uptime of Grace of Air. You can eyeball it but I would highly recommend an addon(Not sure what will be available for Classic WoW API) to monitor the weapon enhancement timer.

Just keep in mind Windfury only lasts like 9 seconds and dropping totems breaks MP5 rule.
    ^^ It's really hard to keep 100% uptime and focus on fight mechanics, rotation, etc. You'll be better of finding something like Weakaura's(not sure if this has been ported to classic yet?) to keep track of it and use it to know when to rotate between the totems.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Totem Twisting is a pretty special playstyle for Shaman in Classic WoW. You are supposed to time Windfury and Grace of Air Totems so that the buffs stack properly in a specific sequence. Can this be done by just by "eyeballing it" or is there any Addons or Weakauras to support this playstyle? Any suggestions?

I never played Shaman in Vanilla or when this playstyle was expected so I don't really know what it feels like to play with Totem Twisting. It's probably mostly a late/endgame thing but it's best to be prepared from the get-go.
    Code:
    /castsequence reset=9 windfury totem, grace of air totem, earth shock, earth shock
    or
    Code:
    /castsequence reset=9 earth shock, windfury totem, grace of air totem, earth shock
    in BC it was been easier to set up cause SS had 8 or 10 sec cd
    thise one should work pretty decent to anyway, sorry cant check myself cause im not that much into clasic atm
    Last edited by kosajk; 2019-09-03 at 11:03 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"