Fix your points system

I got banned for weeks for something minor (it was literally "minor spam"). I know that infractions add up, but you could decrease the total points over time, or... I don't know, I'm not here to fix your system for you. But clearly, being banned for almost a month for a single infraction over something minor screams "this needs fixing!"

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I got banned for weeks for something minor (it was literally "minor spam"). I know that infractions add up, but you could decrease the total points over time, or... I don't know, I'm not here to fix your system for you. But clearly, being banned for almost a month for a single infraction over something minor screams "this needs fixing!"
    Stop earning infractions and those points will eventually disappear. The system doesn't need to change...your posting habits do.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Stop earning infractions and those points will eventually disappear. The system doesn't need to change...your posting habits do.
    How long am I supposed to "stop earning infractions"? I post more than most people (hence "spam") so I'm naturally going to be more vulnerable to infractions. They should be more lenient towards people who post more.... but again, I'm not going to tell them how to fix their system, just that it CLEARLY needs to be fixed.

How long am I supposed to "stop earning infractions"? I post more than most people (hence "spam") so I'm naturally going to be more vulnerable to infractions. They should be more lenient towards people who post more.... but again, I'm not going to tell them how to fix their system, just that it CLEARLY needs to be fixed.
    There is a difference between posting a lot and spamming.

Forever? I mean this is such an odd question you are asking. "How long do I have not break the rules before you forget about my previous breaking of the rules?"

My recommendation, just don't do things that are infractable. (sp? is that even a word? ) That seems the simplest action.

The moderators on this website are horrible (as egotistical volunteer mods are wont to be), but suggesting that just because you post more often that you're 'more vulnerable to infractions' is kind of stupid. You can post as often as you want and never be more vulnerable to an infraction, as long as you follow the rules.

Of course this gets a little messy when you consider the moderators infract whatever they want/deem practically whatever they want to be flaming/spam/whatever, even when it's not. But that's not a problem with the system, it's a problem with this forum's god awful mods.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    There is a difference between posting a lot and spamming.
    But clearly it's subjective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmak View Post
    My recommendation, just don't do things that are infractable. (sp? is that even a word? ) That seems the simplest action.
    Yeah, because everyone reads the ToS and has it on the back of their mind at all times, never forgetting to avoid crossing the line.

People that post more should be more aware of the kinds of things they shouldn't post.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Stop posting, it's not like we care about your opinion anyway

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    The moderators on this website are horrible (as egotistical volunteer mods are wont to be), but suggesting that just because you post more often that you're 'more vulnerable to infractions' is kind of stupid.
    Ironically, this is kind of the stupidest thing I've read all day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Stop posting, it's not like we care about your opinion anyway
    Now this is the type of thing that needs to get infracted. I hope you get infracted, or it will be very unjust.

Ironically, this is the stupidest thing I've read all day.
    Yeah, it's so stupid to be informed that posting more often is not a direct proportional increase to the likelihood of being infracted.

If that's the stupidest thing you've read all day, then you must not bother to even read your own posts. Which actually explains a lot, actually.

Also, maybe learn what irony means.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    People that post more should be more aware of the kinds of things they shouldn't post.
    That's not very practical, now you're just playing head games. If you wanna win a mind game, the gaming corner is that way --->

That's not very practical, now you're just playing head games. Gaming corner is that way --->
    If common sense is "playing head games" then it is not hard to see why you get so many infractions

That's not very practical, now you're just playing head games. If you wanna win a mind game, the gaming corner is that way --->
    So rather than you learning the rules they need to change the rules to fit you since you can't be bothered to learn the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by winterslegion View Post
    so rather than you learning the rules they need to change the rules to fit you since you can't be bothered to learn the rules.
    It. doesn't. matter if you learn the rules because things like what is considered spam are subjective and up to the mods!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've only been banned once, the number of post isn't the problem what your posting is.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I've only been banned once, the number of post isn't the problem what your posting is.
    I'm not going to read the fucking ToS, it should just be basic, obvious stuff, which I haven't gone against.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to read the fucking ToS, it should just be basic, obvious stuff, which I haven't gone against.
    I haven't read the rules either and still only one ban in 12k post. its been pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I haven't read the rules either and still only one ban in 12k post. its been pretty obvious.
    Well maybe there are other reasons I get infracted that I'm not allowed to talk about.

Most infractions expire after 90 days if you are curious about how to avoid getting infractions reading the rules is an excellent place to start.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php