Thread: New PC for WoW

New PC for WoW

Almost 5 years ago I used this sub forum to get myself a new PC it has served me really well (with some storage upgrade over the year) and it still does but now its time to get a completely new one!

Budget - 1300 EUR (1500 USD)

Resolution - 1920x1080 or higher

Games / Settings Desired - WoW / as high as possible

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc) - No

Country - Serbia

Parts that can be reused - None

Do you need an OS? - No

Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? - No

Thank you for your time!

10+ Year Old Account
    Using German prices, since PCPP doesn't have a Serbian option

You have two options. If you plan on doing other things than WoW: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/wyYdjy
    If you plan on ONLY doing WoW: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/vzQdjy

The first link is capable of 1440p at high refresh rate, and will beat the other one's ass in general gaming.

The second one is capable of 1080p at 60fps in everything but WoW, but should beat the first one in WoW, since WoW currently favours Intel's options (though not by much)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Using German prices, since PCPP doesn't have a Serbian option

You have two options. If you plan on doing other things than WoW: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/wyYdjy
    If you plan on ONLY doing WoW: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/vzQdjy

The first link is capable of 1440p at high refresh rate, and will beat the other one's ass in general gaming.

The second one is capable of 1080p at 60fps in everything but WoW, but should beat the first one in WoW, since WoW currently favours Intel's options (though not by much)
    For Serbian prices you have to account for about 10 - 15% overhead.
    Also they can't get all the parts we can nor can they import without getting butt-fucked by import.

I went through stupid lengths to try and get hardware to my cousin in Serbia, was not easy.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."
    - Kirito, Sword Art Online Abridged by Something Witty Entertainment

Thank you for your time Temp name

A couple of questions

1) First option says Compatibility: Warning! These parts have potential issues or incompatibilities. See details below.

Warning!Some AMD B450 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Zen 2 CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.

Should I be worried?

Also both say The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled. - is this an issue if i add extra storage down the line?

2) I see AMD and no nvidia being suggested, times changed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Also they can't get all the parts we can nor can they import without getting butt-fucked by import.

I went through stupid lengths to try and get hardware to my cousin in Serbia, was not easy.
    I'm aware of higher prices, sometimes way over 20% but not much that we can do about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRS View Post
    I'm aware of higher prices, sometimes way over 20% but not much that we can do about it.
    Yeah I meant it for @Temp name to adjust accordingly.

Also the B450 board thing .. should work fine, depending on if your store are filled with lazy incompetent people.
    From my personal experience from stores in Belgrade, Nis, Zrenjanin and Leskovac .... yeah ... not so good.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post

Ah, did not know that.. So what, an around 1000-1100 euro budget on the german PCPP?

Thank you for your time Temp name

A couple of questions

1) First option says Compatibility: Warning! These parts have potential issues or incompatibilities. See details below.

Warning!Some AMD B450 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Zen 2 CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.

Should I be worried?
    Nah. Most stores (that I know of) have pre-flashed their boards. If they haven't, then flashing the MSI board is super easy. Download from an old PC onto a usb flash drive, insert into the back, power the board (no CPU/RAM), and press the button

Also both say The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled. - is this an issue if i add extra storage down the line?
    For the most part, no. They should have 4 SATA ports free, which is MORE than enough for anyone. If you need more storage than that, I'd suggest investing in a stand alone storage server or NAS

2) I see AMD and no nvidia being suggested, times changed?
    They have indeed.. AMD is by far the best value for gaming, but Intel stills controls the very top end.
    As for GPUs, AMD is, again, the better value in most cases, with Nvidia controlling the top end and the low-power draw cards.

Awesome thank you for your time the lists are fine - I looked around and was able to find most of the parts from both lists, I will go with AMD build, much appreciated!

15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome thank you for your time the lists are fine - I looked around and was able to find most of the parts from both lists, I will go with AMD build, much appreciated!
    Try finding the Tomahawk MAX variant, better for it and out of the box support.

I would honestly prefer the ASUS X470-Prime Pro ... it should be close enough to the B450 ... BUT you need that shop to not be lazy fucks.

The X470-Prime Pro is a better board than most whilst affordable, ASUS didn't slack on that one.